No announcement yet.

DeRozan for #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another guard who can't shoot the 3.... DD would fit right in in Orlando!

But on a more serious note, I don't see Orlando having interest. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I would do DD+Pat for #5 in a heartbeat. Pat is a good player but if we want to do a rebuild everyone is available, and we need as many top 5 picks as we can get.

I would drool over a wing combo of Winslow-Bruno.

Add a top flight PG in the next draft and Wood at 20 and we have some serious talent on the team

Comment

Winslow, Bruno, Wood, a point guard.

That's some serious talent right there.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

DD just does not fit with Orlando from a talent standpoint. Vooch/Harris/Dipo can score, they need shooters and rim defense. Not to mention that there is no way Elfrid/Dipo/DD could never share the court and developing Dipo and EP will give them greater returns than playing DD instead of Dipo. Plus DD doesn't really provide much defense. That deal just doesnt make sense to me, like at all. They can draft a guy like Gordon and assume that they can teach him to shoot, but I don't see DD getting a 3 pt shot. I would love the #5, but I don't see why the Magic would want DD.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            DD just does not fit with Orlando from a talent standpoint. Vooch/Harris/Dipo can score, they need shooters and rim defense. Not to mention that there is no way Elfrid/Dipo/DD could never share the court and developing Dipo and EP will give them greater returns than playing DD instead of Dipo. Plus DD doesn't really provide much defense. That deal just doesnt make sense to me, like at all. They can draft a guy like Gordon and assume that they can teach him to shoot, but I don't see DD getting a 3 pt shot. I would love the #5, but I don't see why the Magic would want DD.
            They don't need to know this tho lol

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              But is Orlando a team that might do something stupid? I mean, they did sign Ben Gordon as a free agent last year
              If I remember correctly, that signing was so they'd reach the salary floor.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                And it is a team option for this season.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  And it is a team option for this season.
                  They would have spent the money either way to get to the floor, this way they effectively used it to buy an expiring contract that could be used similarly to how Ujiri used Salmons' contract last summer.

Anyone know when the team option needs to be picked-up/rejected?
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Reminiscent of 2009.....

The Washington Wizards are close to a deal that would send the No. 5 pick in Thursday's draft, Oleksiy Pecherov, Etan Thomas and Darius Songaila to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Randy Foye and Mike Miller, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4282279

I wonder if Orlando looks at their roster and thinks, "We have a lot of youth and we're going to keep Tobias" so lets add some quality, veteran role players to fill out the roster.

Essentially the deal would be: Vasquez, Patterson, Ross for #5, Harkless, Nicholson.

Now that trade would be illegal under CBA rules but:

1) Vasquez for #5 (absorbed in to $7.1M cap space)
                    2) Patterson for Harkless, Nicholson ($700k cap space plus the $150% + $100K)
                    3) Ross could be traded after July 10th in to Orlando cap space (in fact it could all be done after July 10th quite easily).

Very unlikely this happens but Orlando already experienced how hard it is to get free agents last summer (losing out on Patterson) and then found out what happens when you overpay (Frye). They already have a lot of youth - and again if they decide to keep Harris regardless given they are nowhere near the salary floor and the 4-6 year max contract being a starter level salary starting in 2016-17.

Or if this appears to be highway robbery, which it probably is, maybe Toronto eats Channing Frye's contract in which case Frye, Harkless, Nicholson, #5 for Vasquez, PP, Ross goes through straight forward.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                      That doesn't mean it's not stupid. Trying to bring Kurt Thomas out of retirement to sign to a one year 5M+ deal would be better.

I mean, Charlotte, a young team that desperately needed scoring when they had him, told him to stay the fuck away. That's a fairly risky kind of guy to sign in basically any scenario.

Comment

Instead of going after the #5 how about this:

To Detroit:

KL and PPat

To Toronto:
                        Brandon Jennings, #8 Draft pick and Tolliver
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

I would hope we could do better. At least get Reggie instead of Brandon. Jennings has had 25 good games in his career. We could do better for an upper tier PG and a solid stretch 4.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            Instead of going after the #5 how about this:

To Detroit:

KL and PPat

To Toronto:
                            Brandon Jennings, #8 Draft pick and Tolliver
                            Maybe if they signed n traded Greg Monroe to us....even then... I dunno if I'd do this. Not sure how Monroe n JV would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                              I would hope we could do better. At least get Reggie instead of Brandon. Jennings has had 25 good games in his career. We could do better for an upper tier PG and a solid stretch 4.
                              Reggie Jackson and Monroe sign/trade instead of Jennings sounds pretty good. I like Jackson. He's a big PG who seems to be a good defender. Although, I'm not even sure if this is possible.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                                Maybe if they signed n traded Greg Monroe to us....even then... I dunno if I'd do this. Not sure how Monroe n JV would work.

Just waive JV and problem solved
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X