No announcement yet.

DeRozan for #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And if anyone's argument is that Orlando's done dumb things in the past and they might do one again (which I've seen multiple posters say) you're acknowledging that it's a bad trade for them and just basing them accepting off of hope. Might as well offer the max to Butler and hope he accepts and Chicago doesn't match since they lost Asik and Korver for nearly nothing.

Comment

Ben Gordon has caused more chemistry issues in this thread than he ever did in Orlando and probably Charlotte.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        And if anyone's argument is that Orlando's done dumb things in the past and they might do one again (which I've seen multiple posters say) you're acknowledging that it's a bad trade for them and just basing them accepting off of hope. Might as well offer the max to Butler and hope he accepts and Chicago doesn't match since they lost Asik and Korver for nearly nothing.
        An Orlando fan posted here and said he'd do the deal, so it's not as dumb or outrageous as you think. Orlando does it to get a wing who can score 20+ points per game and a veteran (but still young-ish) all star. If they don't want to pay Harris the max or close to it, they're going to lose him and his 17 pts per game. Derozan comes in and replaces that. Oladipo is too small to be a SG and plays more like a PG. Fournier is bench material at best. Derozan is an upgrade for them at SG and they can also play him at SF. Frye, Oladipo, Fournier, and Harris (if they keep him) are all good 3pt shooters, so I don't know why people keep saying they need 3pt shooters. Everyone on their team sucks at drawing fouls other than Oladipo, and Derozan is much better at it than him. Derozan would bring a lot of things to the table that the Magic don't have and I could realistically see the deal happening. I'm not a Derozan fan, but he's not some worthless player like a few of the posters make him out to be. He could be really good for the right situation.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          An Orlando fan posted here and said he'd do the deal, so it's not as dumb or outrageous as you think. Orlando does it to get a wing who can score 20+ points per game and a veteran (but still young-ish) all star. If they don't want to pay Harris the max or close to it, they're going to lose him and his 17 pts per game. Derozan comes in and replaces that. Oladipo is too small to be a SG and plays more like a PG. Fournier is bench material at best. Derozan is an upgrade for them at SG and they can also play him at SF. Frye, Oladipo, Fournier, and Harris (if they keep him) are all good 3pt shooters, so I don't know why people keep saying they need 3pt shooters. Everyone on their team sucks at drawing fouls other than Oladipo, and Derozan is much better at it than him. Derozan would bring a lot of things to the table that the Magic don't have and I could realistically see the deal happening. I'm not a Derozan fan, but he's not some worthless player like a few of the posters make him out to be. He could be really good for the right situation.
          I agree with your last two sentences. But nothing anyone says is gonna convince me that they're not set on Payton-Dipo as their backcourt of the future.

And that fan is biased, seeing as he's posting and has an account on a raptors forum.

I'm almost considering making an account on a magic forum and asking them if they'd do #5+Nicholson for DD just to show you guys consensus is a flat out no.

Comment

The unspoken assumption throughout this thread is that Justise Winslow would be available. Would you do the trade if the choice at #5 was between Stanley Johnson, Mudiay, and Kritaps Porzinga?

Comment

On another note I believe the original post on this thread was for other ideas on DD & KL. Bill Simmons mentioned a month ago a trade of KL for Sacto's #6, Nik Stauskas and their PF (Thompson?). This seems much more likely than the Orlando trade, and I think it should be done if Stanley Johnson or Justise Winslow is available.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                That doesn't mean it's not stupid. Trying to bring Kurt Thomas out of retirement to sign to a one year 5M+ deal would be better.

I mean, Charlotte, a young team that desperately needed scoring when they had him, told him to stay the fuck away. That's a fairly risky kind of guy to sign in basically any scenario.
                They were not trying to win games tho. They just wanted to develop young players and get a high draft pick

Comment

most magic fans have probably convinced themselves by now that winslow or johnson is the perfect fit for them and wouldnt want to do the deal
                  they probably feel like either is a good compliment to their backcourt with payton and oladipo who will both be really good defenders, and oladipo a soild shooter

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                    most magic fans have probably convinced themselves by now that winslow or johnson is the perfect fit for them and wouldnt want to do the deal
                    they probably feel like either is a good compliment to their backcourt with payton and oladipo who will both be really good defenders, and oladipo a soild shooter
                    Yikes at johnson that high

I actually checked a magic forum. Looks like they're all looking at Winslow or Hezonja

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      I'm almost considering making an account on a magic forum and asking them if they'd do #5+Nicholson for DD just to show you guys consensus is a flat out no.
                      If you can get a consensus on a forum, you'd be considered a god among mere mortals.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Orlando needs SHOOTING.
                        So they DO NOT WANT DeRozan.

Primer wrote: View Post
                        I could definitely see Orlando wanting to deal the #5 pick for a more established player. They have an astounding 8 players still on their rookie deals next year, so I don't think they need to add yet another rookie,
                        there isn't enough development time to go around. They could also use a vet whose got playoff and all star experience to help the rookies along. Frye and Vucevic are the only "vets" under contract with Orlando for next season, so adding a wing with some leadership would give them some more balance.

As for why they'd want Derozan, they don't have a true starting SG. Oladipo is a combo guard that leans more PG, and Fournier is a bench talent with bad defense(much worse than Derozan). Derozan's ability to play some SF gives Orlando the versatility to go with a Payton, Oladipo, Derozan lineup, assuming they let Harris go (possible). A lot of the SG minutes in Orlando were taken up by Willie Green and Ben Gordon, who will both be gone, and Derozan is a big upgrade over either of those guys.

We could probably get them to throw in Nicholson since he's buried on their depth chart behind Frye and Gordon, though he doesn't really move the needle for me, I'm just assuming Orlando would want to send out some salary.

Would I do Derozan for #5 and Nicholson? Yes, that is absolutely the kind of deal I'd want for Derozan.

Comment

Orlando is still building, Sacramento is willing to trade

Derozan's contract is one year, why trade away a young #5 draft pick who youll have for 4 years for a 1 yr rental of Derozan who probably wont resign. SACRAMENTO IS KEY.

TRADE: Trade Kyle Lowry and the 20th pick for PF Jason Thomspon, Darren Collison, 2015 1st rounder and 2016 1st rounder. The Sacramento Kings are desperate for some form of success, Lowry’s all star pedigree and friendship with Rudy Gay helps, but it gives Demarcus Cousins point guard stability for the first time in his career. Jason Thompson is a rebounding PF with a decent contract at 6 mil\yr and would be an upgrade to Amir Johnson. Darren Collison would provide much of what Kyle Lowry does but is slightly younger and is paid half of what Lowry is. The Raptors then draft Justise Winslow, he already has an NBA body at 19, and has the potential of being the Raptors franchise player for years to come. The 2016 1st rounder may be a stretch, but if Ujiri turned Bargnani into a 1st rounder, anything is possible.

Comment

JoeG15 wrote: View Post
                            Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
                            Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
                            That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.
                            Any other potential trades anyone has seen floating around that intrigue them?

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.
                            No way i trade Demar for #5 pick. That would guarantee that next will result in before .500 no playoff season. The Raptors dont need to get younger they need to get better. Unless your drafting top 3 there is no one in the draft that would be better then Demar.

Comment

otiswolf1 wrote: View Post
                              No way i trade Demar for #5 pick. That would guarantee that next will result in before .500 no playoff season. The Raptors dont need to get younger they need to get better. Unless your drafting top 3 there is no one in the draft that would be better then Demar.
                              COUNTERPOINT: Demar is a volume shooting SG who is a terrible 3 point shooter and as such replacing him with someone who's actually efficient and can shoot the 3 might actually make the team better
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wait, hold on, are you suggesting we get players that fit a system?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X