DeRozan for #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

otiswolf1 wrote: View Post
    No way i trade Demar for #5 pick. That would guarantee that next will result in before .500 no playoff season. The Raptors dont need to get younger they need to get better. Unless your drafting top 3 there is no one in the draft that would be better then Demar.
    I agree.

However one way to get better is to get younger and take a step back.

There are other options as well though. Some people like to think that their idea of what works best - whether it be tanking/rebuilding or building on top of or through what we have - is the best one, but really if you look at the NBA right now there are so many different ways to build a contender. None are foolproof.

Comment

I agree a deal for a lottery pick in exchange for DD would be great. My hunch is that this year's class, might not have the sexy names like last year, but it appears to be a deeper draft.
      The only way a team like Toronto can acquire a " great" player is by drafting a lottery pick.
      This is how we got Vince, Tracy and Bosh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

coulj wrote: View Post
        I agree a deal for a lottery pick in exchange for DD would be great. My hunch is that this year's class, might not have the sexy names like last year, but it appears to be a deeper draft.
        The only way a team like Toronto can acquire a " great" player is by drafting a lottery pick.
        This is how we got Vince, Tracy and Bosh.

Amen brother. I think there are ten guys on this forum who can collectively run the Raptors more efficiently than the current management are. I truly believe, Im not just kissing ass. Even if we rebuilt this year, the East is so bad who's to say we don't make the playoffs in the East with two rookies in our lineup? What's the worst that can happen, getting swept in the first round?

Comment

Exactly, the East is so weak, we could still make the playoffs after making a trade. People tend to forget , the reason why we got better in the last 2 years is because of Lowry , and the Rudy Gaye trade dramatically improved our bench.

You are so right! Take out DD from last season's Raptors team and we would have been a playoff team.

Comment

IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
            Amen brother. I think there are ten guys on this forum who can collectively run the Raptors more efficiently than the current management are. I truly believe, Im not just kissing ass. Even if we rebuilt this year, the East is so bad who's to say we don't make the playoffs in the East with two rookies in our lineup? What's the worst that can happen, getting swept in the first round?
            There are 2 things that get me whenever people snicker over the idea of trading away a particular player, regardless who the player is.

First, none of our players are superstars who consistently carry the team on their back. I don't think losing DeRozan or Lowry would be nearly as catastrophic as some folks do. There's also the thought that any such move is more of a 'dump', but I've hardly ever seen that suggested. Most posters mention acquiring an equally talented young player at a different position (ie: PF) or acquiring at least one top-10 (top-5) lottery pick, along with at least one additional asset (ie: future draft pick, young prospect) and filler (ie: veteran players or guys needing a second chance, similar to Patterson and Hayes).

Second, and building off the first point, is that no moves get made in a vacuum. It's not like DeRozan and/or Lowry are traded away, then the season starts. Many other moves will be made, meaning the overall roster will look significantly different than this year's team. It's folly to simply remove the player being discussed and start analyzing the impact, since we have no idea what the hypothetical roster would look like come the start of the 2015-16 season.

I don't necessarily believe that trading DeRozan or Lowry would signal a rebuild, and certainly not a tank. It might, but it could just as easily be a retool; we'd have to wait for subsequent moves to figure that out.

Comment

I actually made an account on a magic forum but it's being stupid and won't let me post in threads or make threads.

Even our forums are better #WeTheNorth

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                I actually made an account on a magic forum but it's being stupid and won't let me post in threads or make threads.

Even our forums are better #WeTheNorth
                I checked out some of their forums too, and there were barely any current posts. Most of their topics hadn't been posted in for over a year. We may not win NBA championships, but we're always title contenders for best fan forums.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  I checked out some of their forums too, and there were barely any current posts. Most of their topics hadn't been posted in for over a year. We may not win NBA championships, but we're always title contenders for best fan forums.
                  We might be looking at different forums then, this one was pretty active, multiple threads about their new coach and about the draft

Comment

Were you browsing Magic Monarchy?

Since I assume all fan forums follow the same naming guidelines.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Nope, true blue nation.

I just googled orlando Magic forum and that was the first one

Comment

Working...
                      X