Everything 2024 Summer League!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2024 Summer League!

With the news that Ohcai Agbaji plans to play summer league, I figured it was time to kick this thread off.

I would hope that Grady and JFL also would suit up. Add in our two draft picks, Gueye and maybe a guy like McDaniels and some fillers and it could be a fun squad to watch.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

We’ve got a chance!

Comment

I've learned of ver these many seasons that opinions formed based on Summer League play are invariably meaningless. But what can I say? I always watch the games if I can. And I feel better after every win. And then along comes October. This year I will have the Olympics to focus on. I fully expect that will help provide some relief.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        I've learned of ver these many seasons that opinions formed based on Summer League play are invariably meaningless. But what can I say? I always watch the games if I can. And I feel better after every win. And then along comes October. This year I will have the Olympics to focus on. I fully expect that will help provide some relief.
        It's a pretty dead time for sports. It's terrible basketball and I'm here for it.

Comment

Ochai got a good attitude
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            I agree that you take the player results with a grain of salt. It is just nice to see the the little things that provide hope. Vets out supporting the guys who are playing, guys with a couple years experience, but needing improment, buying in and playing, first look at rookies, and undrafted guys looking to make a name.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Ochai got a good attitude
              He's also got a gift-wrapped opportunity to win a starting job. Glad he's taking it seriously. Could be worth tens of millions.

Comment

The second Ochai learns to shoot better, that trade instantly becomes a steal.

Good on him to get some reps in during the off season.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

He's also got a gift-wrapped opportunity to win a starting job. Glad he's taking it seriously. Could be worth tens of millions.
                  If he learns to shoot or if Gradey learns to defend. Who you got starting?

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                    The second Ochai learns to shoot better, that trade instantly becomes a steal.

Good on him to get some reps in during the off season.
                    The weird thing about Ochai is that he was a good shooter. 37.7% and 40.7% from 3 his last 2 years at Kansas on 460 total attempts. 35.5% his 1st year in Utah on 228 attempts. Then last year his shot became worse and worse as the year went on. Never heard any explanation as to why. Did he develop a hitch, injury or simply a mental thing?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

The weird thing about Ochai is that he was a good shooter. 37.7% and 40.7% from 3 his last 2 years at Kansas on 460 total attempts. 35.5% his 1st year in Utah on 228 attempts. Then last year his shot became worse and worse as the year went on. Never heard any explanation as to why. Did he develop a hitch, injury or simply a mental thing?
                      It's called the sophomore slump, and it's so common there is a term for it.

He had his role jerked around by Utah and then got traded to a new team that was actively tanking and full of crap players.

Ochai is a really really good 3pt shooter from the corners. He had one of if not the best %s in the league from the corner.

I think with a full offseason to integrate into the team we will use him better and his 3pt shooting will go back up to his first season, 36%.

Comment

Bring a summer league division to Toronto!

Comment

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I'd just call it a slump for now/finding his way on a new team. He struggled quite a bit with the Raptors.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Should be some fun games to bridge the gap until the Olympics.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X