Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar Trade Options Your Thoughts (Front Page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Atlanta is a good destination

Raptors are not
    Atlanta is a good destination?

Dude do you just make things up or actually think before posting. How is Atlanta a desirable location?

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

Dude do you just make things up or actually think before posting. How is Atlanta a desirable location?
      At this time they're a very good destination. A lot of players probably believe they're one piece away from going to the finals next year. Assuming they keep Millsap
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Jalen describes Atlanta as a #1 or #2 city in the NBA

Comment

Jalen describes Atlanta as a #1 or #2 city in the NBA
          Have you even watched the video? He's not ranking NBA cities in terms of their desirability to free agents… he's ranking them for their desirability for a black guy to party in them for a night.

He ranks Memphis #1 and whose their most notable free agent signing ever… Tony Allen?

Where is Miami or the Lakers or the Bulls if this is supposed to be a list of the premiere NBA cities.

The Hawks are not a free agent destination… despite them having a lot of strip clubs.
          Last edited by Fully; Tue Jun 2, 2015, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            Have you even watched the video? He's not ranking NBA cities in terms of their desirability to free agents… he's ranking them for their desirability for a black guy to party in them for a night.

He ranks Memphis #1 and whose their most notable free agent signing ever… Tony Allen?

Where is Miami or the Lakers or the Bulls if this is supposed to be a list of the premiere NBA cities.

The Hawks are not a free agent destination… despite them having a lot of strip clubs.
            So you're saying if you are a free agent you wouldn't take into consideration the city life that you would be living in?

Comment

So you're saying if you are a free agent you wouldn't take into consideration the city life that you would be living in?
              Man just stop. Atlanta is not some free agent hotbed destination.

Comment

Man just stop. Atlanta is not some free agent hotbed destination.
                I didn't say it was a hotbed. But they are no slouch in that department either

I believe I said "good destination"

Apparently to you that means #1

Comment

Atlanta is a good destination

Raptors are not
                  I've been an Atlanta fan since I lived there from 2002-2009, and they are absolutely not a good destination. Atlanta had to way overpay to get Joe Johnson to come to town, and they signed a way over the hill Mike Bibby. Atlanta didn't get any good free agents until Danny Ferry took over, and even then, they were all sneaky good free agent signings. None of the guys I mentioned were highly coveted around the league, it was just that Ferry saw the potential in them and other teams weren't looking hard enough. Hell, he got Millsap on a freaking discount contract, why was no one offering Millsap bigger money? Because most GMs aren't very good at their job, and Danny Ferry is. Atlanta was still rebuffed by Howard and Deng just recently. They struggle to get big name guys to go there, and have only had success getting mid tier guys that other teams are missing on.

Comment

I can't believe I just wasted the last minute reading a debate about how Atlanta is a desirable destination for NBA players. Atlanta is actually not a desirable destination for any athlete, let alone a basketball player and most certainly a crappy place for sports fans in general.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...s-cities-2014/

However, for arguments sake the Hawks might have become desirable team to play for, if only because they just finished atop the Eastern Conference, although the measuring stick used in the article still applies "based not so much on sheer futility as the “letdown factor.". Finishing atop the conference and then getting swept in the ECF? Uh.. yea. Terrible sports city in general with the Braves winning something like 12 division titles in 20 years, or 5 world series appearances in a decade (although they did win 1). Falcons have been decent of late but never good enough. It's like the city of treadmills.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

I think you guys are underrating Atlanta. The City's changed a lot in recent years and most of the negative basketball perception was due to their lack of a crowd and ownership situation both of which improved this year - similar to the Raps

Now to settle this once and for all - NBA City Player Desirability Power Rankings
                      *factoring in current ownership reputation, team legacy and cap space for all this is where I think the average NBA player would sign

1 - LA Lakers
                      2 - Miami Heat
                      3 - LA Clippers
                      4 - Golden State Warriors
                      5 - Houston Rockets
                      6 - Dallas Mavericks
                      7 - Orlando Magic
                      8 - New York Knicks
                      9 - San Antonio Spurs
                      10 - Phoenix Suns
                      11 - Boston Celtics
                      12 - Chicago Bulls
                      13 - Brooklyn Nets
                      14 - Atlanta Hawks
                      15 - Washington Wizards
                      16 - Toronto Raptors
                      17 - New Orleans Hornets
                      18 - Denver Nuggets
                      19 - Portland Trail Blazers
                      20 - Philadelphia Sixers
                      21 - Charlotte Hornets
                      22 - Memphis Grizzlies
                      23 - Indiana Pacers
                      24 - Cleveland Cavaliers
                      25 - Detroit Pistons
                      26 - Oklahoma City Thunder
                      27 - Sacramento Kings
                      28 - Milwaukee Bucks
                      29 - Utah Jazz
                      30 - Minnesota Timberwolves

Comment

The_Warlord wrote: View Post
                        I think you guys are underrating Atlanta. The City's changed a lot in recent years and most of the negative basketball perception was due to their lack of a crowd and ownership situation both of which improved this year - similar to the Raps

Now to settle this once and for all - NBA City Player Desirability Power Rankings
                        *factoring in current ownership reputation, team legacy and cap space for all this is where I think the average NBA player would sign

1 - LA Lakers
                        2 - Miami Heat
                        3 - LA Clippers
                        4 - Golden State Warriors
                        5 - Houston Rockets
                        6 - Dallas Mavericks
                        7 - Orlando Magic
                        8 - New York Knicks
                        9 - San Antonio Spurs
                        10 - Phoenix Suns
                        11 - Boston Celtics
                        12 - Chicago Bulls
                        13 - Brooklyn Nets
                        14 - Atlanta Hawks
                        15 - Washington Wizards
                        16 - Toronto Raptors
                        17 - New Orleans Hornets
                        18 - Denver Nuggets
                        19 - Portland Trail Blazers
                        20 - Philadelphia Sixers
                        21 - Charlotte Hornets
                        22 - Memphis Grizzlies
                        23 - Indiana Pacers
                        24 - Cleveland Cavaliers
                        25 - Detroit Pistons
                        26 - Oklahoma City Thunder
                        27 - Sacramento Kings
                        28 - Milwaukee Bucks
                        29 - Utah Jazz
                        30 - Minnesota Timberwolves
                        OKC is waaay too low, so is New Orleans, Portland and Memphis. If you think they're all below Toronto I want what you're smoking. Orlando 7, OKC 26? Orlando 7, Portland 19? Damn son lol
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Atlanta has not only been rejected by every big name FA since Joe Johnson, guys don't even bother to come and meet with the team. Pulling together their current roster was more or less Plan E after whiffing on Howard, Carmelo, Lebron, and CP3 in the past few offseasons. They already had a couple of the pieces and more or less the rest of their current roster was built from the best of the remaining available players, after all the guys who didn't want to play in Atlanta.

Has that changed after a 60 win season? Probably not - top 20 players are not that swayed by recent short-term success (a big contract knows he'll squeeze out several guys on the current roster anyway). Top players think they can bring the winning with them. If there is a trend lately, it's that top 20 players want to play with one or two other top 20 players.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah but guys...all those Hotlanta strip clubs...am I right? /highfive
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                              Yeah but guys...all those Hotlanta strip clubs...am I right? /highfive
                              Meh. American stripclubs....

Canadian stripclubs are way better.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Meh. American stripclubs....

Canadian stripclubs are way better.
                                you've never been to the south
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X