Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demar Trade Options Your Thoughts (Front Page)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar Trade Options Your Thoughts (Front Page)

Andrew and Zazar on the front page when through their list of who or who not they would trade Demar for straight up and I'm wondering what the opinions of boards would be. I will Include Zazar's, Andrew's and my thoughts.

Demar for Eric Gordon, Zazar: No, Andrew: No, Me: No

Demar for Tyreke Evans, Z: No, A: No, Me: No

Demar for Dante Exum: Z: No, A: No, Me: Yes

Demar for Aaron Gordon, Z: No, A: Yes, Me: Definitely since Demar is expiring

Demar for Nick Batum, Z: Yes, A: Yes, Me: Yes

Demar for MKG, Z: No, A: Yes, Me : No

Demar for top 5 pick, Z: Yes reluctantly, A: Yes , Me: Yes

Demar for SacTown Unprotected 2016, Z: No, A: N/A , Me: No

Demar for Nerlens Noel, Z: No, A: No, Me: Yes. No way 76ers do this though.

Demar for Ty Lawson, Z: No (already Lowry) A: Yes if lowry is gone, Me: Same as Andrew

Demar for Zach Lavine, Z: Yes if rebuilding, A: No, Me: No

Your thoughts?

Apologies if this is hard to read, first time making a thread.

Comment

My thoughts is I really don't get why we should trade DeMar DeRozan

Comment

Demar for a deflated basketball, McHappy: YES PLEASE

Demar for Steph Curry, ChristianL: HELL NO

In other words, this board really needs new things to talk about lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
          Andrew and Zazar on the front page when through their list of who or who not they would trade Demar for straight up and I'm wondering what the opinions of boards would be. I will Include Zazar's, Andrew's and my thoughts.

Demar for Ty Lawson, Z: No (already Lowry) A: Yes if lowry is gone, Me: Same as Andrew

Your thoughts?
          Going in reverse order.

I like LaVine a lot. Massive potential but 1 for 1 that isn't a great deal. Still might say yes depending on other moves (aka return on Lowry).

Lawson- no. Not a long term piece.

Noel - yes. All day, everyday.

Sac pick 2016 - if they don't land Lowry or Lawson, then maybe. Still would ask for more tho.

Top 5 - yes.

MKG - again would depend on Lowry return as he is a hard player to fit around. Largely a no but his defence is worth a long hard look.

Batum - no

Gordon - yes although not a huge fan

Exam - yes.

Evans and Gordon are both no.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Demar for a deflated basketball, McHappy: YES PLEASE

Demar for Steph Curry, ChristianL: HELL NO

In other words, this board really needs new things to talk about lol
            I actually had a good laugh off of this :P

Comment

Demar and Lowry and our 1st round pick for Wiggins of course there will be fillers to match the salaries. Might as well try and make it a real Canadian team.

Sorry but I would not do any of the deals that are on the list.
              Last edited by Profster; Mon Jun 1, 2015, 08:03 PM.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post

Your thoughts?
                Eric Gordon?
                No

Tryeke Evans?
                No

Exum?
                No (throw in 12, yes)

Aaron Gordon?
                Yes

Batum?
                No

MKG?
                No

Top 5 Pick?
                Yes.

Sacramento 2016?
                Impossible. Goes to Bulls top-10 protected I believe

Nerlens Noël?
                Yer fucking damn right...they can have 20 too

Lawson?
                No. (And 7, yessum)

LaVine?
                No.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jun 1, 2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I'd give Derozan and whatever else philly would want for Noel. Franchise big right there.

Comment

Rustyy wrote: View Post
                    I'd give Derozan and whatever else philly would want for Noel. Franchise big right there.
                    Yup.

Then you get a SF who can shoot to compliment Ross.

Comment

Yes for Batum, MKG, Top 5 pick, Noel and Lawson (assuming Lowry's gone).

But I think between DD and KL, it would be good to cover our butts and get a top 10 pick from one of them, but not both. After all this isn't a tank per se but a rebuild. We're not trying to hit the restart button, more like a reset.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Demar for Eric Gordon: No, DD is quite a bit better than Gordon

Demar for Tyreke Evans: No, not a better fit (terrible 3pt shooter, bad defender) and we'd have the same contract issue a year later.

Demar for Dante Exum: No, maybe he has a bright future, but he looked like shit in Utah, so I don't wanna gamble on him getting a lot lot better, because that's what would need to happen.

Demar for Aaron Gordon: No, I don't get why people are enamored with him. Seems like a career bench big.

Demar for Nick Batum: Yes, better shooter, better defender, better passer, better rebounder, fits a typical NBA style where the wing can shoot, basically the same age and contract situation as Demar, so I go with the better player.

Demar for MKG: Yes, game changer on defense, a lot younger, still on a rookie deal, still getting better, will shut DD down every time we play them

Demar for top 5 pick: Yes, hello Winslow!

Demar for SacTown Unprotected 2016: Yes with Stauskas. Almost certainly a lotto pick. Not super confident here but wouldn't be upset.

Demar for Nerlens Noel: Yes, extremely good defender coming off first year of rookie deal. Needs to add some post moves but has lots of time.

Demar for Ty Lawson: No, keep Lowry. Lawson sucks big hairy balls on defense.

Demar for Zach Lavine: No, terrible defender, terrible on offense. Had the worst RPM and WAR of any PG in the NBA.

Comment

Yes for Noel, Exum, A. Gordon, top 5 pick, and MKG

No for Lawson, Lavine, Batum, E. Gordon, Sac pick

I like Exum. this year for his was all about putting on weight, learning the game, adjusting to the NBA speed and adjusting to the US. Before playing in the NBA he was playing basically at a High School Level. He also looked a lot better towards the end of the year. It was the year we wanted for Bruno, except he played a lot, was allowed to make mistakes and was coached. I expect big things from Exum in the next year or two.

Noel obviously played great this year and looked to be a potential defensive anchor. Offense is coming along too.

Gordon had a lot of injuries but still you could see flashes of what he could be. His jump shot is a lot better now compared to what it was when he entered the league. He can play either forward position and can be a monster defender. He also has shown decent handles and is great in transition.

Having said that, I cant see most of these potential trades happening, like the ones I said I would do. I don't think Orlando wants DD that much, Noel is is worth a lot more than DD imo so I can really only see the knicks trading their pick for him or an Exum trade.
                          Last edited by DogeLover1234; Mon Jun 1, 2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for a great Thread. I was going to write a similar post but you beat me to it. Great work and here are my answers:

Demar for Dante Exum: Z: No, A: No, Me: No

Demar for Aaron Gordon, Z: No, A: Yes, Me: NO

Demar for top 5 pick, Z: Yes reluctantly, A: Yes , Me: Yes, reluctantly with a lot of question marks, unless top 2

Demar for Nerlens Noel, Z: No, A: No, Me: Yes.

Demar for Ty Lawson, Z: No (already Lowry) A: Yes if lowry is gone, Me: NO

Demar for Zach Lavine, Z: Yes if rebuilding, A: No, Me: Yes, if rebuilding and reluctantly with a lot of question marks

Comment

Profster wrote: View Post
                              Demar and Lowry and our 1st round pick for Wiggins of course there will be fillers to match the salaries. Might as well try and make it a real Canadian team.

Sorry but I would not do any of the deals that are on the list.
                              I would love to get Wiggins too.

Comment

Working...
                              X