No announcement yet.

New Assistant Coach rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackhouse? lol this is a joke right... pfft.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Stackhouse also possesses a keen eye for talent in various NBA cities...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Stackhouse also possesses a keen eye for talent in various NBA cities...

Lol sign this guy right now Masai!
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ugh...
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• I'll say it again. We should hire Charles Hayes.

Comment

• But I will say this again to dispel all kinds of misinformation that’s out there from people who didn’t bother to ask the right people the right question: Bayno, I’m told by people around the team and the league I trust explicitly, wanted to leave and it had zero to do with Valanciunas. Zero.

And another one: The Raptors did not ask about Monty Williams, those reports were wrong.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/doug_s...kend-mail.html

So......

From the gospel according to Doug.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                So......

I wonder what made him leave then.

Also interesting that we didn't inquire about Monty, that makes the Stackhouse/former player rumours more likely

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Why would good assistant coaches want to come here when they seen the mess that is going down in Toronto:
                  1)Your CEO steps down in a mysterious ways a year after getting hired.

*** No mysterious circumstances. TL announced he was leaving over a year ago. Is there some secret influence Dwane Casey has over the former CEO of MLSE ? Do tell
                  2)Your team underachieved in the playoffs and are looking to take a step back next season.

***We sure sucked gas in the PO. Along with a Portland, Boston, the Spurs to name a couple. There has been rampant speculation on what the Raps will do this offseason but no one knows as telling the world what your offseason plan is an inch short of stupid. However somehow have you figured this out and know the Raps are going to sell everything off and tank. Did you do this with a shoe phone call to the GM ?

3)The coach is a stubborn guy that failed to show any creativity during the playoffs to win games and may not have heed the advice given to him by his assistant coaches.

*** How could we have missed that. That the coach of a profession team that pays him handsomely purposely tried to lose.

4) The GM fires the assistant coaches even though normally the coach gets canned (along with the assistants) and the new coach gets to pick his assistants, instead of the GM. It is also unclear as of yet what direction Masai will be going.

*** Both assistants were tied to the defensive side of the game. Pretty much all year long the assembled masses have been clear that heads should role for our defensive lapses and shortcomings. The boss did fire those he saw as responsible for the failure of the organization in the playoffs. Heads did roll for the failure to play defense. Why would the GM let anyone know what his plans are for the offseason ? What possible upside is there to tell the guy your playing cards with what your holding?

5) You got Thibs out there and the Raptors do not attempt to go after him even though he is a winning coach and is considered a top 5 in the NBA.

*** You don't change coaches like you change cell phone plans. Thibs was whacked in Chicago for
                  - being stubborn
                  - lousy rotations
                  - keeping his young guys on the bench and going with vets

Sound familar ?

He may be a top 5 coach in the NBA but they all have their warts.

Seems to me assistant coaches are wary of Toronto for a good reason, they are going where they think they can win and look good.

*** Assistant coaches always take jobs they think will make them look good and help them become head coaches. Nothing new here.

Relax... have a taco and a beer... Its just sports.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

So......

Translation: My people know more than other people's people. So, there.

Comment

• Kevin Rashidi: Masai Ujiri met with Jerry Stackhouse this weekend at the Adidas Euro Camp in Treviso to further discuss an assistant coaching job. Twitter

Rumors tagsToronto Raptors, Coaching, Jerry Stackhouse, Masai Ujiri
                      It was on HoopsHype.com but I always thought Rashidi was a sketchy source.

Comment

It was on HoopsHype.com but I always thought Rashidi was a sketchy source.
                        Because he doesn't have any source lol. He's no diff from any of us here. His "source" is twitter, facebook, IG etc...
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          I wonder what made him leave then.
                          I love Doug. He gets indignant, almost to the point of sheer exasperation, when people speculate on these topics but he absolutely refuses to report on the actual facts and circumstances leading to - you guessed it - more speculation! He obviously knows why Bayno left and he's supposed to be a reporter, so, you know, report....

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Background checks? What does that mean exactly? Is Thibs a meth addict? A hitman? A pimp?
                            No it means checking with people who have worked with him. How does he work with players, how does he work with assistants and how does he work with the front office. From what I was told, the majority of the people Masai spoke with had very little to say about Thibs that was positive and so he backed off pursuing him
                            Ball Don't Lie

Comment

• #FireJerry

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                I love Doug. He gets indignant, almost to the point of sheer exasperation, when people speculate on these topics but he absolutely refuses to report on the actual facts and circumstances leading to - you guessed it - more speculation! He obviously knows why Bayno left and he's supposed to be a reporter, so, you know, report....
                                He basically wants to write game recaps for the paper and about staining his deck in his blog. Any "inside source" type stuff definitely seems to be beneath him. What's the point of having access and developing relationships with the organization and players when you don't really report on anything behind the scenes? You can do that without being a douche bag about it and "betraying" your sources or spreading gossip or whatever he thinks it will be. That's what the most followed writers do - break great information first, because of their sources.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X