New Assistant Coach rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Assistant Coach rumours

Looks like we lost out on a new architect of the defense.

The Toronto Raptors recently pursued Boston Celtics coach Darren Erman to become defensive coordinator under Dwane Casey, sources said, but the chance to become associate head coach with Gentry and work with superstar Anthony Davis apparently swayed him.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...164205332.html

I'd been thinking that was part of the deal for keeping Casey on: that he had to hire a top notch assistant to run the defense, and that his job would be to be head coach and manage egos more, and let his team more do of the real work.

Kuh wrote: View Post

The Toronto Raptors recently pursued Boston Celtics coach Darren Erman to become defensive coordinator under Dwane Casey, sources said, but the chance to become associate head coach with Gentry and work with superstar Anthony Davis apparently swayed him.

I'd been thinking that was part of the deal for keeping Casey on: that he had to hire a top notch assistant to run the defense, and that his job would be to be head coach and manage egos more, and let his team more do of the real work.
    If this is the case (and I'm pretty sure it is), it just makes you wonder why they didn't just cut ties with the guy.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

So we want to make Casey into a hockey coach? He sucks at lineups so I still think that's too much responsibility for Casey. You have brought on a flashback of my Casey is still here depression.

Comment

Erman is considered a defensive genius, too bad.

then again Casey was considered a defensive genius.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Erman is considered a defensive genius, too bad.

then again Casey was considered a defensive genius.
          In the future, everyone in the NBA will be a genius for 15 minutes.

Comment

Why not hire Mike Malone? highly regarded young coach, CANADIAN. Maybe groom him as the next Raps coach.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Why not hire Mike Malone? highly regarded young coach, CANADIAN. Maybe groom him as the next Raps coach.
              Who gives a shit if he's canadian?

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Canadian? He was born in NYC and son of ex Raptors coach Brendan Malone.

Comment

mike malone would be a great hire (his dismissal was baffling) and i didn't even know he was canadian
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    mike malone would be a great hire (his dismissal was baffling) and i didn't even know he was canadian
                    Because he's not.

Comment

He;s not Canadian? my bad!
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think he (Malone) put in ome time with the canuck national team and yes he should still be with the kings

Comment

We went through the whole Canadian coach thing... that worked out real swell.

Comment

I'm starting to think the main reason we kept Casey is because Masasi knows of a better coach available next summer, and Casey is the perfect lame duck coach in the mean time. He seems like the kind of guy that will be a company man to the last day, won't rock the boat or start a mutiny like Thibodeau, he'll just keep motivating players and should at least keep chemistry between personnel in order until the day he's out the door.

Ujiris realistic, no dreams of a title next year either. If there's no better choice yet, keep the guy with 1 more year left, sort out the JV/JJ issues with him first, and have a new coach in time for Bruno/Knicks pick 2016-17
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

disappointing i guess.

But it doesn't make a difference. Casey, who would never have actually listened to this assistant, will run this team yet further into the mud this season, then he'll be gone and we'll have a new head coach who will bring his own assistants anyways, and we'll start the process that should have started 2 years ago. Or, we'll keep Casey, and be a terrible team forever. Either way, this guy wouldn't have had any impact here.

Comment

Working...
                              X