New Assistant Coach rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear wrote: View Post

And hiring a career 40% fg and 30% 3pt% player is not gonna help.
    I'm dying to ask: How are Stackhouse's career shooting percentages relevant to his coaching or teaching abilities?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      I'm dying to ask: How are Stackhouse's career shooting percentages relevant to his coaching or teaching abilities?
      you of the belief that those who cant do teach?

Cause I am of the belief that if you are a great shooter then you can teach shooting.

And my post was in response to our "perimeter game" being our strength, and how bringing in a former inefficient perimeter player was going to nothing in terms of improving our inefficient perimeter play.

Comment

you of the belief that those who cant do teach?

Cause I am of the belief that if you are a great shooter then you can teach shooting.

And my post was in response to our "perimeter game" being our strength, and how bringing in a former inefficient perimeter player was going to nothing in terms of improving our inefficient perimeter play.
        The NBA coaching graveyard is littered with great players who couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag: Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Elgin Baylor, Wes Unseld; to name a few.

It happens in all industries where star performers are promoted for their operational competence rather than their ability to manage or, in this case, coach. Coaching and managing require completely difference skill sets than those required for actual performance. Being good at one does not mean you'll be good at the other and, in fact, there's lots of research showing that the opposite is often the case.

Also, sorry, you have no idea if Stackhouse would improve the perimeter play cause you know nothing about his abilities as an assistant coach and you also have no idea whether he would even be involved in that part of the coaching work.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          The NBA coaching graveyard is littered with great players who couldn't coach their way out of a wet paper bag: Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson, Elgin Baylor, Wes Unseld; to name a few.

It happens in all industries where star performers are promoted for their operational competence rather than their ability to manage or, in this case, coach. Coaching and managing require completely difference skill sets than those required for actual performance. Being good at one does not mean you'll be good at the other and, in fact, there's lots of research showing that the opposite is often the case.

Also, sorry, you have no idea if Stackhouse would improve the perimeter play cause you know nothing about his abilities as an assistant coach and you also have no idea whether he would even be involved in that part of the coaching work.
          again what I posted was in response to a previous post, and one that I quoted.

And I dont see stackhouse helping perimeter play at all.

Comment

• I'm sure good formers players first coaching tip is stop being so shitty

Comment

• How about bringing in Peja Stojackovic as a coach?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Actually Jay Triano game planned well. I suspect he would get more out of our current roster than DC.
                Casey is an idiot, but Triano was an even bigger idiot. He was completely out of his element as a head coach. The guy made decisions based on Bargnani's feelings, FFS. I doubt we would've won 40 games this year with Triano at the helm.

Comment

again what I posted was in response to a previous post, and one that I quoted.

And I dont see stackhouse helping perimeter play at all.
                  I'm pretty sure they don't want to bring on Stackhouse to teach the players his favourite moves, to strategize, to design the offense or to coach JV.

He'll likely just be a different voice to emphasize Dc's message (which is not "iso iso iso" no matter how it's portrayed here). He's got a lot of experience, he's been through tough times as a player - a lot tougher than a measly first round sweep. So it's likely it has less to do with actual skills (though I'm sure his knowledge in that area would be helpful) and more to do with trying to improve the mental part of every player's game and the team as a whole.

Which if true, cause it's only my opinion, it would seem to lean towards MU keeping most of the talent from last season and trying to repair the fractures that occurred.
                  Last edited by Mess; Wed Jun 10, 2015, 04:57 PM.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Casey is an idiot, but Triano was an even bigger idiot. He was completely out of his element as a head coach. The guy made decisions based on Bargnani's feelings, FFS. I doubt we would've won 40 games this year with Triano at the helm.
                    Triano > Casey is the greatest example of recency bias I've ever seen.

But only because I have a recency bias for recency biases.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Triano coached a beautiful offence. Just gorgeous.

Of course, his defence was historically bad. Yes, having Hedo and Bargs and Jose as three starters (including the point of attack and anchor) is a bit of a problem. But still, his defensive systems were terrible, even if the aforementioned players muddied the water a bit.

Triano should be an offensive coordinator, ideally.

Of course, I don't know what Casey should ideally be. Hard to judge one against the other considering the different players they had. Casey seemed like a huge upgrade immediately defensively, but he's slid since then.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I still wonder how much blame we can actually put on Casey. You see, I'm fine with him coming back if we make smart moves this offseason. I wanna see Casey do well. Yes, so far, no post-season success, but we have done well regular season wise even if we were sloppy.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• This was a top5 offense. Ugly or pretty it was a top 5 offense. Women lie man lie, Numbers don't.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            This was a top5 offense. Ugly or pretty it was a top 5 offense. Women lie man lie, Numbers don't.
                            LOL

And yet you want to trade Noah for JV.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              LOL

And yet you want to trade Noah for JV.
                              Yes, cause I feel Noah would be a better fit on this team than JV. Our defense built on mobility and being able to react quickly. Two things JV has proven to be terrible at. Two things Noah has proven to be great at when healthy. If your going to use Noah's numbers in his most injury ridden season to make JV look better on defense go a head.

If their both healthy your really going to tell me JV is a better defender? I'm sure the numbers would tell a different story if he was healthy this year. For example last year when he played 80 games.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                Yes, cause I feel Noah would be a better fit on this team than JV. Our defense built on mobility and being able to react quickly. Two things JV has proven to be terrible at. Two things Noah has proven to be great at when healthy. If your going to use Noah's numbers in his most injury ridden season to make JV look better on defense go a head.

If their both healthy your really going to tell me JV is a better defender? I'm sure the numbers would tell a different story if he was healthy this year. For example last year when he played 80 games.
                                Your crusade against JV is actually becoming awesome.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X