New Assistant Coach rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    I'm still of the firm opinion that the ASG has absolutely no bearing on our coaching situation. If we look like garbage to start the season Casey will get fired. Wouldn't it be better to try to right the situation then just let it go because we host an irrelevant game for one weekend?
    Not to forget that with all of the new additions there will have to be a gelling period....so Casey I expect will get a honeymoon period (end of Nov. imo) unless of course there is a locker room "revolt" to the methods being sold. And Lowry (the distributor) has to play really well.

Comment

I'm still of the firm opinion that the ASG has absolutely no bearing on our coaching situation. If we look like garbage to start the season Casey will get fired. Wouldn't it be better to try to right the situation then just let it go because we host an irrelevant game for one weekend?
      hey man i'm not saying that's what i think should happen, just what i think will happen. can't see MLSE letting that happen before a huge money maker like ASG. that's all.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        hey man i'm not saying that's what i think should happen, just what i think will happen. can't see MLSE letting that happen before a huge money maker like ASG. that's all.
        But what does our head coach have to do with the ASG? We'll have one player in it if we're lucky. I just don't see the connection at all. Do you honestly think our head coaching situation will have any effect on the amount of money MLSE makes on the ASG? Lebron and Durant will still be there, that's all that matters.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this has the potential to be a new thread or not, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed something.

If you look at whats going on with the D-League team, you'll see that Mermuys is going to be coaching them. Mermuys also happens to be coaching the SL team in addition.

If Casey is canned, could we see Mermuys take over? MU has placed a lot of trust in the guy to develop our future... and if he does take over as the intern coach, how do you think he fares?

I've heard Mermuys speak in interviews and stuff, and the guy is winner at the D-League level. I think he'd be a pretty good head coach myself.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'm in agreement Allstar game has no impact on long term team decisions.

This discussion has been brought up many times. It was a thread recently as well. At that time one supporting argument was GV would not be traded due to Pan-Am games and his involvement. Funny thing there....

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure if this has the potential to be a new thread or not, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed something.

If you look at whats going on with the D-League team, you'll see that Mermuys is going to be coaching them. Mermuys also happens to be coaching the SL team in addition.

If Casey is canned, could we see Mermuys take over? MU has placed a lot of trust in the guy to develop our future... and if he does take over as the intern coach, how do you think he fares?

I've heard Mermuys speak in interviews and stuff, and the guy is winner at the D-League level. I think he'd be a pretty good head coach myself.
              Mermuys has zero head coaching experience at pro level.

If casey gets canned, my opinion is Nurse gets nod.

For Mermuys, this is more career advancing than the demotion many have suggested, IMO.

Comment

But what does our head coach have to do with the ASG? We'll have one player in it if we're lucky. I just don't see the connection at all. Do you honestly think our head coaching situation will have any effect on the amount of money MLSE makes on the ASG? Lebron and Durant will still be there, that's all that matters.
                agree, but to me i just see MLSE wanting nothing to keep from them getting that $$$$$$$$$$. completely agree coaching has nothing to do with it but with the game in toronto im sure they don't want "why'd casey, a coach that got them to the playoffs 2 years in a row get canned??" be the ongoing chatter around it all. hey i'm not saying it makes sense its just a weird overwhelming feeling i get.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JYD should be our coach who talks after half-time.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

JYD should be our coach who talks after half-time.
                    Can't watch it right now but the screen cap they used makes Ross look depressed

Comment

• Ha Ha JYD love that nut

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

JYD should be our coach who talks after half-time.
                        I love that guy.

On a personal level, when I was in Grade 8, our class won some fundraising thing (if recall correctly) and he brought use to watch one of the games in a Skybox (I think he called it his dog pound or something like that). And after the game, actually spoke with us. Made me a fan of his for life after that.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                        X