• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameBreaker
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Lol everybody sees how bad we are and are like:

Or how bad the fans treat their players, in times of trouble.

Leave a comment:

• peanutwoozle
    replied
    Why would the assistants want to come here when they know they will just be a scapegoat.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Why would good assistant coaches want to come here when they seen the mess that is going down in Toronto:

1)Your CEO steps down in a mysterious ways a year after getting hired.
    2)Your team underachieved in the playoffs and are looking to take a step back next season.
    3)The coach is a stubborn guy that failed to show any creativity during the playoffs to win games and may not have heed the advice given to him by his assistant coaches.
    4) The GM fires the assistant coaches even though normally the coach gets canned (along with the assistants) and the new coach gets to pick his assistants, instead of the GM. It is also unclear as of yet what direction Masai will be going.
    5) You got Thibs out there and the Raptors do not attempt to go after him even though he is a winning coach and is considered a top 5 in the NBA.

Seems to me assistant coaches are wary of Toronto for a good reason, they are going where they think they can win and look good.
    When you look at it all from the perspective of a potential assistant coach, you can very easily see why the Toronto job would be undesirable. Even moreso when this is the third set of assistant coaches this particular coach has had AND the last ones who left either apparently wanted out due to differences with the actual head coach or actually were just scapegoated for the head coach's actual ability.

Can't say I'd be in a rush to want to join the Toronto bench.
    Last edited by Just Is; Wed Jun 3, 2015, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post
    ...Or, we'll keep Casey, and be a terrible team forever...
    I think the chances of this being true are only about 3/7, so buck up.

Leave a comment:

• SamMitchells
    replied
    Why would good assistant coaches want to come here when they seen the mess that is going down in Toronto:

2)Your team underachieved in the playoffs and are looking to take a step back next season.
    3)The coach is a stubborn guy that failed to show any creativity during the playoffs to win games and may not have heed the advice given to him by his assistant coaches.
    4) The GM fires the assistant coaches even though normally the coach gets canned (along with the assistants) and the new coach gets to pick his assistants, instead of the GM. It is also unclear as of yet what direction Masai will be going.
    5) You got Thibs out there and the Raptors do not attempt to go after him even though he is a winning coach and is considered a top 5 in the NBA.

Seems to me assistant coaches are wary of Toronto for a good reason, they are going where they think they can win and look good.
    Sounds like a good case for #FireMasai

OH WAIT.. We got a D league team. Nvm, proceed.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Yep Toronto's the worst. That must be why Monty would want to coach in OKC and why OKC would hire someone KD greatly admires.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied

No arguments here

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied

Actually everyone sees what happens to assistants of Dwane Casey, anything goes wrong and your fired and Casey keeps living

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    We lost on the Monty Williams bid too I suppose.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ssistant-coach

so now what??!!

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    Kuh wrote: View Post
    Looks like we lost out on a new architect of the defense.

The Toronto Raptors recently pursued Boston Celtics coach Darren Erman to become defensive coordinator under Dwane Casey, sources said, but the chance to become associate head coach with Gentry and work with superstar Anthony Davis apparently swayed him.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...164205332.html

I'd been thinking that was part of the deal for keeping Casey on: that he had to hire a top notch assistant to run the defense, and that his job would be to be head coach and manage egos more, and let his team more do of the real work.
    disappointing i guess.

But it doesn't make a difference. Casey, who would never have actually listened to this assistant, will run this team yet further into the mud this season, then he'll be gone and we'll have a new head coach who will bring his own assistants anyways, and we'll start the process that should have started 2 years ago. Or, we'll keep Casey, and be a terrible team forever. Either way, this guy wouldn't have had any impact here.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I'm starting to think the main reason we kept Casey is because Masasi knows of a better coach available next summer, and Casey is the perfect lame duck coach in the mean time. He seems like the kind of guy that will be a company man to the last day, won't rock the boat or start a mutiny like Thibodeau, he'll just keep motivating players and should at least keep chemistry between personnel in order until the day he's out the door.

Ujiris realistic, no dreams of a title next year either. If there's no better choice yet, keep the guy with 1 more year left, sort out the JV/JJ issues with him first, and have a new coach in time for Bruno/Knicks pick 2016-17

Leave a comment:

• Mack North
    replied
    We went through the whole Canadian coach thing... that worked out real swell.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    I think he (Malone) put in ome time with the canuck national team and yes he should still be with the kings

Leave a comment:

Working...
X