• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Preseason Games

http://www.nba.com/raptors/press-rel...aseries-060115

Vancouver - Clippers on October 4th.
    Ottawa - Minny on October 14th
    Montreal - WSH, October 23rd

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed that Calgary isn't on the list, again.

Cool to see Winnipeg get a Minny/Bulls game.
    Last edited by slaw; Tue Jun 2, 2015, 03:36 PM.

slaw wrote: View Post
    Personally, I'm kind of disappointing that Calgary isn't on the list, again.
    Same. The Saddledome is such a nice arena for sports

Comment

Woo, they're coming back to Vancouver! I'll definitely be going to that one.
      OG is our king

Comment

Skipping out on Calgary again...

Comment

Why do they hate Calgary?

I want to see the fade away contested long 2s in person.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I feel as though this thread should be renamed... heartbroken in Calgary

But seriously, what the f**k?!

And as if that wasn't tease enough, I'm going to be in Ottawa in October... the week before the Minny game... FML lol

Comment

Sign me up as a heartbroken southwest Calgarian. And it would make so much sense too, there's 3.2 million Albertans as well a lot of Saskatchewan people would make the trip. They've focused on Vancouver, Quebec, even the maritimes, and completely ignore the prairies.

Honestly, how do we get through to MLSE on this one?
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Sign me up as a heartbroken southwest Calgarian. And it would make so much sense too, there's 3.2 million Albertans as well a lot of Saskatchewan people would make the trip. They've focused on Vancouver, Quebec, even the maritimes, and completely ignore the prairies.

Honestly, how do we get through to MLSE on this one?
                +1

I went and saw the game in Edmonton years ago and Rexall Place was packed. They could easily fill the Saddledome

Comment

Yay. Only 122 more days until the next Raps basketball game.

Comment

Guys, it's preseason. Calgary isn't missing anything

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Guys, it's preseason. Calgary isn't missing anything
                      easy for you to say! We're just as into the team but like 2000 km away, they never even come for like a summer Q&A or autograph publicity, nothing. Hell, send matt and jack on a tour at least! We're starving and the university of calgary dinos do not cut it.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        easy for you to say! We're just as into the team but like 2000 km away, they never even come for like a summer Q&A or autograph publicity, nothing. Hell, send matt and jack on a tour at least! We're starving and the university of calgary dinos do not cut it.
                        How about Leo and Rod?
                        OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                          How about Leo and Rod?
                          That would just prove again that MLSE hates calgary lol

Comment

Didn't realize so many posters are from Calgary... that's pretty neat. Were any of you guys Vancouver Grizzlies fans to begin with(citing proximity), then switched over to the darkside once they lost their team? Just curious...

I think it's awesome that we have so many hardcore fans out west and east, to go along with the GTA fans. Not many fan-bases get that type of love, unless they're classic teams, à la the Lakers or Yankees.

I know the Raps get great support at home games, but without the cross-country fan-base, I'm not sure how long the team could make it.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Didn't realize so many posters are from Calgary... that's pretty neat. Were any of you guys Vancouver Grizzlies fans to begin with(citing proximity), then switched over to the darkside once they lost their team? Just curious...

I think it's awesome that we have so many hardcore fans out west and east, to go along with the GTA fans. Not many fan-bases get that type of love, unless they're classic teams, à la the Lakers or Yankees.

I know the Raps get great support at home games, but without the cross-country fan-base, I'm not sure how long the team could make it.
                              I lived in Toronto from 2000-2009, and grew up in southern Ontario prior to that, so I've been a Raptors fan since day 1. I moved out here in early 2009 and only stumbled across RR out of frustration over the complete lack of coverage during the offseason ahead of Bosh's last season in Toronto. I still get frustrated at the lack of Raptors coverage by local media and sports radio, or even the NBA in general.

Comment

Working...
                              X