dwayne Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    Would you guys consider getting dwayne wade and moving T ross to the bench? The guy still has miles left.
    Nope. Pass.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      Would you guys consider getting dwayne wade and moving T ross to the bench? The guy still has miles left.
      He has the " it " factor

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        The only risk with JV is he signs QO and pulls a Monroe/Ben Gordon.....even that gives him 2 more years though.

But I don't see that as likely considering he had to pay his own hefty buyout to leave Lithuania team and it is his first big nba contract.
        Monroe only signed the QO because Detroit wouldn't offer him enough, and other teams wouldn't either. That won't be the case with JV. I see us resigning him for around $18M, which is roughly equivalent to what Vucevic got from Orlando when increased to reflect the new cap.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Monroe only signed the QO because Detroit wouldn't offer him enough, and other teams wouldn't either. That won't be the case with JV. I see us resigning him for around $18M, which is roughly equivalent to what Vucevic got from Orlando when increased to reflect the new cap.
          Vucevic is so much better than JV though. I dunno that just seems like such a ridiculous number I understand the cap is going up but its so hard to stomach that JV is worth that kind of money at this point in his career.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Vucevic is so much better than JV though. I dunno that just seems like such a ridiculous number I understand the cap is going up but its so hard to stomach that JV is worth that kind of money at this point in his career.
            He's really not better than JV though, it's just that his team uses him on offense (16.3 FGA vs 8.2FGA for JV) and plays him starter minutes (34.2 min vs 26.2 min for JV). JV has a better RPM, WAR, ORtg, and DRtg than Vucevic, so the advanced stats say JV is better. JV also has a way better TS% (.548 vs .623 for JV).

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Vucevic is so much better than JV though.
              Is he really doe? Vucevic is one step higher than JV, I believe.. but he's def not "so much better" than Jonas.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                Is he really doe? Vucevic is one step higher than JV, I believe.. but he's def not "so much better" than Jonas.
                And how much of that one step is based on his opportunity vs his talent?

Comment

Wade is a pipe dream for Toronto, he's not leaving Miami, this is probably all part of strategy for his contract negotiations...if he really can't work it out with Miami only team I see him going to is his hometown Chicago like last season. Butler gets moved to SF and Wade steps into SG. Chi town is looking to move one of their big 4 big men (likely Taj Gibson) so with some slick GM moves they could make it work.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                    And how much of that one step is based on his opportunity vs his talent?
                    Opportunity. Mostly.. but I'm not 100% sure about this kid though. Not yet. Next season will tell us a lot more about Vuc I guess. Skiles ain't going to play with missed rotations you know.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      do you really want to pay him $20M a year?
                      100% yes I would want to play him $20M a year for 3 years ahh fuck it id give him 4 years.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                        100% yes I would want to play him $20M a year for 3 years ahh fuck it id give him 4 years.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                          No it won't be.

In 2016 the cap is projected to increase to 89M, assuming nothing changes the max for a player with JV's experience is 25% of the cap. Meaning he'd be able to make a deal starting at 22M.

For the record, I'm of the belief that if we have to max Jonas we should (not sure about DeRozan his max is higher, closer to 24-25M).
                          My mistake, my scales were wrong. It's not 17M but it's also not 22M. The max scale isn't actually 25, 30 and 35 percent, those are rough figures.

JV's max will be ~19.5M, under 20M.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            My mistake, my scales were wrong. It's not 17M but it's also not 22M. The max scale isn't actually 25, 30 and 35 percent, those are rough figures.

JV's max will be ~19.5M, under 20M.
                            Not saying you're wrong, but why is it 19.5M?

The projected cap is $89M, 25% of that is 22.25M. Is there some kind of exception or rule that prevents him (and others) from getting the full 25%?

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                              $20 million a year, to play 20 games a year.

Sounds fair.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                                Not saying you're wrong, but why is it 19.5M?

The projected cap is $89M, 25% of that is 22.25M. Is there some kind of exception or rule that prevents him (and others) from getting the full 25%?
                                http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q16

They use a different cap calculation to determine the maximum salaries, which is based on 42.14% of projected BRI rather than 44.74%. In 2005 the sides negotiated a different formula for setting the salary cap but not maximum salaries, so the two became decoupled, and this continued in the 2011 agreement. For this reason the maximum salaries are not actually 25%, 30% or 35% of the cap, and instead are a slightly lower amount. For example, even though the salary cap for 2011-12 is $58.044 million and 25% of this amount is $14.511 million, the 0-6 year maximum salary is actually $12,922,194. In addition, for 2012-13 a 5.8% increase in maximum salaries was agreed to, even though the salary cap stayed the same as 2011-12.

Comment

Working...
                                X