Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grade My Offseason Transactions for the Raptors (for fun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing PPat slim down a bit and try to get a lot quicker. If he managed to get the quickness to play the 3 we fixed our starting SF problem.

He'll never be able to guard or rebound well enough at the 4 spot so it would be a cool project
    I want to see Ross get fat as shit and replace Hayes

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    BS10 wrote: View Post
    Vasquez started almost 30 games for us this year and he played fine during those games...
    If by fine you mean absolutely letting his man score at will, then I agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    black angus wrote: View Post
    GV is not a starting point guard. Whatever he offers on offence he gives up twice as much on defence.
    Vasquez started almost 30 games for us this year and he played fine during those games. I'm not suggesting he become our permanent starting point guard but he can take over that role until we find someone better or maybe Paula develops and becomes deserving of that spot.

Leave a comment:

• black angus
    replied
    GV is not a starting point guard. Whatever he offers on offence he gives up twice as much on defence.
    Last edited by black angus; Tue Jun 9, 2015, 04:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing PPat slim down a bit and try to get a lot quicker. If he managed to get the quickness to play the 3 we fixed our starting SF problem.

He'll never be able to guard or rebound well enough at the 4 spot so it would be a cool project
    I agree 100%, this is quite possible for a guy like 2pat to transform his game

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    This has been Kyrie's first playoffs and he has looked fine

Talent is the missing ingredient, not the change in energy level
    Perhaps, but Kyrie has Lebron for playoff guidance. Lebron has championship experience. He also knows what it takes and how to win at the highest level like Pierce. Who do the raptors have? No one.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    This has been Kyrie's first playoffs and he has looked fine

Talent is the missing ingredient, not the change in energy level

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Did you see what happened last year when PPat was guarding Pierce (Brooklyn)? He got absolutely burned and now imagine what an actual star could do to him.
    Good point. However, 2Pat's inexperience in the playoffs against Pierce's experience in the playoffs was part of the equation. Pierce had played over 150+ playoff games in his career. He knows what it takes and what he needs to do in order to win. Last year was 2pat's first year to ever play a single playoff game. You need a different energy during the playoffs and i suppose 2pat wasn't ready for it. You get better overtime at something you are more comfortable with and make adjustments according to the game. 2pat needs more playoff experience and understand that the game is played at a different level.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Call me optimistic but I think he could improve this aspect of his game in the off season.

I feel the tier 1 small forwards like leonard, lebron, and melo are more likely to use their strength and post you up and body you rather than beat you on the first step. But it depends on the player.
    Did you see what happened last year when PPat was guarding Pierce (Brooklyn)? He got absolutely burned and now imagine what an actual star could do to him.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    PP doesn't have the lateral quickness to keep up with guys the all star wings in this league
    Call me optimistic but I think he could improve this aspect of his game in the off season.

I feel the tier 1 small forwards like leonard, lebron, and melo are more likely to use their strength and post you up and body you rather than beat you on the first step. But it depends on the player.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

I don't understand why PP cannot play the 3? He's tall, physically capable, can space the floor on the offence, not a bad defender?
    PP doesn't have the lateral quickness to keep up with guys the all star wings in this league

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    This makes no sense, if we need more guys who can shoot why are we trading Ross?

PP cannot play the 3 at all

JJ isn't going to get minutes
    We're trading ross because:
    1) He can't guard guys at his position, he's undersized (and i don't think he would like his role to be switched to a 2 coming off the bench)
    2)He's a streaky shooter (I remember games during the season where he went 0-10)
    3)He lacks heart
    4)Tension between him + Toronto fans (e.g. him expressing his frustration and calling out "phony fans" on instagram or w.e although this is minor)
    5)Mentally weak

JJ isn't going to get minutes because there is tension between him and our coach.
    Whats the solution? New coach

I don't understand why PP cannot play the 3? He's tall, physically capable, can space the floor on the offence, not a bad defender?
    Last edited by BS10; Fri Jun 5, 2015, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    I don't think its a bad trade because we need more pure shooting guards or guys that can shoot the 3 consistently and the kings already have maclemoore as their starting 2 so they won't have any need for Stauskas. We already have PP and JJ who could fill the 3 easily. Stauskas is also bigger than Ross but less athletic. I think most raptor fans have given up on the development of Ross and would like a change of scenario for him.
    This makes no sense, if we need more guys who can shoot why are we trading Ross?

PP cannot play the 3 at all

JJ isn't going to get minutes

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Just the kind of guy that Casey would let languish on the bench.
    Yea, I agree… lol, that's why Casey has got to gooo

Leave a comment:

Working...
X