Controversy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    Issues in the locker room are normal and pretty much expected when a team under-performs for half the season.
    The issue with the issues is that if we bring back pretty much the same team and coach, why wouldn't they carry into next season?

God I wish we'd just fired Casey.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      The issue with the issues is that if we bring back pretty much the same team and coach, why wouldn't they carry into next season?

God I wish we'd just fired Casey.
      How he survived his exit interview...I can only attribute to the fact that people were distracted by the championship ring he was wearing.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
        How he survived his exit interview...I can only attribute to the fact that people were distracted by the championship ring he was wearing.
        He subtly scratched his eye with that ring finger through the whole interview.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          He subtly scratched his eye with that ring finger through the whole interview.
          I bet he was wearing it on his middle finger and the entire time had it facing Lowry and JV's direction...

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            no controversy, just a simple message that half those guys are fucking scrubs (here me sweet lou? got that contract kylke???)

Patterson is lunch pail, he brings it. he ha sno time for prima donna slackers. I respect his tweet
            We really need his floor spacing and 3's. He went through significant shooting slump mid season last year that coincided with the team's collapse.

Comment

if only Patterson could be our Draymond Green.

I have a lot more 'what ifs' but I should stop because it would take me all day to write them out.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                if only Patterson could be our Draymond Green.

I have a lot more 'what ifs' but I should stop because it would take me all day to write them out.
                If anyone on this team could be Draymond, it'll be James Johnson.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  #ReboundTheBall
                  #BoxOut

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    If anyone on this team could be Draymond, it'll be James Johnson.
                    If rookie james johnson was on this gs team instead of Chicago, he'd be better than draymond.
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

DeRozan, Johnson, Patterson are all capable of 4 to 5 assists a game. I said last year they should be starting... ah well maybe we will see it this year. James Johnson covers up nicely for Patterson and vice versa
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

The plot thickens. I wish open gym would release a locker room collapse episode haha
                        in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan, Johnson, Patterson are all capable of 4 to 5 assists a game. I said last year they should be starting... ah well maybe we will see it this year. James Johnson covers up nicely for Patterson and vice versa
                          But that's just the problem. If you have Patterson, Johnson, DeRozan and JV starting, that's one decent long-range shooter out of four players - in an era where most teams need three credible long-range threats to create the spacing necessary to play effective offense. Tack on Lowry at PG and you've got only two credible perimeter shooters.

You can start Patterson and DeMar together if you've got a shooter at small forward. You can start Patterson and Johnson together if you've got a shooter at shooting guard. But it's practically impossible to play all three together on a consistent basis, which is why Terrence Ross got so many minutes last year. But if you're playing Ross then you need quality rebounding from your bigs, which is why Amir got more minutes than 2Pat last year because even injured he's the superior rebounder.

This is exactly why the team, as constructed, does not work. And in order to get it working, trades will have to happen.

Comment

But we started Ross with Amir, who doesn't really have a floor spreading effect (teams leave him wide open all the time, even though he's gotten pretty decent shooting it).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                            X