We will miss the playoffs next year if significant changes are not made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    uh you realize no one in boston actually like danny ainge right? hes made WAY more terrible moves than good ones. hardly a better gm than masai. and won a ring? who gives a shit. guess who else has a ring? coach casey. austin daye even has a fucking ring. no one cares.

flexibility? where are we really lacking in flexibility? we have a bunch of short term contracts and a bunch that are also expiring soon. higher potential roster? we have 2 all-stars. who on the celtics could potentially reach that level besides marcus smart?
    What is the purpose of a GM's job? To win a ring.
    The Celtics achieved what the Raptors achieved with a younger roster. Swept in the playoffs.
    We have one more of those all stars for 1 more year DD.
    KL will never be an all star again. One and done.

Secondly, everyone knows the all stars don't mean much, the true bench mark is the ALL NBA TEAMS.

Yes: Younger, higher potential: Smart, Bradley, Zeller, Young and Sullinger.

Not to mention this year;s and next year's picks they are younger and have a higher potential.

Lowry is at his ceiling he is 30 years old and this is his max talent level. DD has more upside, but who knows if he stays after next year. The Celtics are a more cohesive and dangerous team going forward in my eyes.

If you don't agree with me, that's cool. But slow down on the winning a ring doesn't mean shit talk. Please, be sane and logical.
    Last edited by IwishIwasZachLowe; Sun Jun 7, 2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      I'm in for a rebuild for next season. Hope they kept Casey to be the Tank Commander that he was supposed to be last season. I'm more excited for the new D League team. You need both talent and a great system to win in this league. Raptors don't have both.
      For those hoping Casey will be a "tank commander"...what about his coaching years in Toronto makes anyone think he'll be good for that?

Having Casey as a "tank commander" is a way to make sure we'll end up out of the top of the lottery. He's not going to play young guys and lose. He'll aim for wins even in the last game of a hopeless season.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        uh you realize no one in boston actually like danny ainge right? hes made WAY more terrible moves than good ones. hardly a better gm than masai. and won a ring? who gives a shit. guess who else has a ring? coach casey. austin daye even has a fucking ring. no one cares.

flexibility? where are we really lacking in flexibility? we have a bunch of short term contracts and a bunch that are also expiring soon. higher potential roster? we have 2 all-stars. who on the celtics could potentially reach that level besides marcus smart?
        Terrible moves? I can't think of one.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          For those hoping Casey will be a "tank commander"...what about his coaching years in Toronto makes anyone think he'll be good for that?

Having Casey as a "tank commander" is a way to make sure we'll end up out of the top of the lottery. He's not going to play young guys and lose. He'll aim for wins even in the last game of a hopeless season.
          And that's why it is even more puzzling why MU retained him. We know DC's M.O. re use of veterans re older players. That's why I expect a big trade with the intent to improve our talent level . We are not tanking. I suspect the D league team will be where we develop the draft picks but that the big club will be mostly established players.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Terrible moves? I can't think of one.
            We are on the internet so Idk if that is sarcasm?

Comment

I'm a little more optimistic than most of you on the board and thread. I don't think we're going to win the NBA Championships or anything but we'll still be better than most of the eastern conference mediocre teams. Plus, Masai will have better understanding of how good a team the raptors actually are this coming year.

I'm optimistic mainly because of a couple of things:
              1) We lose a lot of deadweight on our payroll. All 7 of our expiring contracts means we have a lot of flexibility for adding new players on our roster. Masai has a lot of room to work with of adding new talent for the off-season.
              2) We have a lot of players that have value on the trade market regardless of how poorly they performed last season, even Ross or KL have good value, if Masai decides to deal them.
              3) We have our 1st round pick who could potentially be a solid player. Although a lot of people are pessimistic about anyone after the 10th pick. You never know.
              4) Call me deluded but I feel with the firing of Dwane Casey's assistant coaches, Casey could still potentially be fired during or before the season, which will make the Raptors future look a little brighter.
              Last edited by BS10; Sun Jun 7, 2015, 11:11 PM.
              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

The real question is, how are we going to find someone to match up with Matthew Dellavedova Outback Jesus?

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                  I'm a little more optimistic than most of you on the board and thread. I don't think we're going to win the NBA Championships or anything but we'll still be better than most of the eastern conference mediocre teams. Plus, Masai will have better understanding of how good a team the raptors actually are this coming year.

1) We lose a lot of deadweight on our payroll. All 7 of our expiring contracts means we have a lot of flexibility for adding new players on our roster. Masai has a lot of room to work with of adding new talent for the off-season.
                  2) We have a lot of players that have value on the trade market regardless of how poorly they performed last season, even Ross or KL have good value, if Masai decides to deal them.
                  3) We have our 1st round pick who could potentially be a solid player. Although a lot of people are pessimistic about anyone after the 10th pick. You never know.
                  4) Call me deluded but I feel with the firing of Dwane Casey's assistant coaches, Casey could still potentially be fired during or before the season, which will make the Raptors future look a little brighter.
                  Have to respect one of the last few optimists around here.

I don't think that the Raps would be in danger of missing the playoffs with the current roster, but I think they would regress. You may be able to talk me into internal development thing if the organization has proven to help young players but they havent. So much of a players career is determined by where they go and how accepted they feel there.

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Have to respect one of the last few optimists around here.

I don't think that the Raps would be in danger of missing the playoffs with the current roster, but I think they would regress. You may be able to talk me into internal development thing if the organization has proven to help young players but they havent. So much of a players career is determined by where they go and how accepted they feel there.
                    Unless they make a significant roster change, they are absolutely going to regress relative to the field. Taking into account everything I've seen since the Rudy Gay trade, this looks like a .500 team that's trending in the wrong direction in terms of team dynamics and on-court performance. Best case scenario they have one or two nice months next season, a couple nice but unsustainable stretches from DD and KL, and they get another first round exit next year. They're not better than any of this year's second round teams.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      Matthew Dellavedova Outback Jesus?
                      Hahahaha
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I'm 100% with you on this.

Comment

I agree with this. If Masai makes some drastic roster changes this offseason I would not be surprised if a coaching change follows. All we've heard are 2nd hand reports that Casey will be back. Masai, as is his way, never came out and confirmed anything.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Why would he need to confirm it? Casey is under contract. There nothing to announce unless its a firing. Masai is not going to hold a press conference just to say "I would like to confirm that Casey is coming back"
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              Why would he need to confirm it? Casey is under contract. There nothing to announce unless its a firing. Masai is not going to hold a press conference just to say "I would like to confirm that Casey is coming back"
                              I'm pretty sure at the end of the year press conference he was directly asked whether DC would be back. And he answer was something like "everything and everyone will be evaluated." Not a succinct yes, but that's more likely just MU acting like a politician and leaving himself some wiggle room.

He also commented that the Raptors had a good base and DC is a big part of that. But if for whatever reason he changes his mind, or decides to change that base, then by not having answered clearly "yes" he woouldn't be called out on it if DC gets cut loose.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I don't think the Raptors will miss the playoffs next season, but I do think significant changes are coming. It's a big year for MU. He needs to step up and hit a double.

Comment

Working...
                                X