Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Night : Is that the beginning of what we will see for the rest of the season ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Night : Is that the beginning of what we will see for the rest of the season ?

The last few weeks and month has been a long and exciting time for Raptor fans. We are debating what is the best way of going forward, guessing what MU and his team will do and how it will effect our beloved team the next few years.

I am going to be honest and say after reading all the posts here, I still have no idea what is the best way going forward and more importantly what will MU do.

Now, I am curious what does the draft night will tell us. If we don't move any of major players like DD and KL, does it mean that a rebuild is not in the plans for MU ? What does it mean if we don't acquire more picks and young talents that night ?

For me, if we are going for a rebuild, we should see some trades that night. To me, if KL, DD are not moved that night, it means that MU will most likely start the season with both of those guys and will evaluate the team more during the season.

What do you guys think ??

I agree, if MU doesn't acquire more picks or try to move up in the draft then the likely scenario is that he wants to continue with the current core. And this is what I'm expecting to happen.

I truly feel that MU is going to try and bring in an significant upgrade to the starting line up via trading of players and draft picks. He imo does not want to take a step back in his 3rd year at the helm.

Comment

"The last few weeks and month has been a long and exciting time for Raptor fans."

Exciting time? Whaa?

Comment

rocwell wrote:
        "The last few weeks and month has been a long and exciting time for Raptor fans."

Exciting time? Whaa?
        I don't know how everyone else feels but I think it's been boring as shit!
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

i'm not sure MU makes a flurry of moves on draft night, but i do expect moves. i can't see the warlord MU moving on with the current roster as is, even with letting the FA's go and maybe signing a guy or two.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            I don't know how everyone else feels but I think it's been boring as shit!
            agree.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Exciting time? Whaa?
              Going from 92% of Raptor republic thinking we will win against WASH to getting swept and now all the talks about rebuild vs retool vs compete now and ... Lets face it, due to lack of success, these times and these speculations have been always the most exciting times for the Raptor fans.

Now, what do you think about the draft night and what MU will do ?

Comment

I truly hop that big major changes are coming and there isnt another season of Demar Derozan/ Kyle Lowry Iso Heavy im the hero your the hero basketball.

Sad thing is that in the world of Heroes you got the big guys at the top, Superman, Batman, Thor, Cpt America etc.
                Then you have the lesser guys like Robin, Daredevil, Luke Cage etc.

Lowry is arguable a Robin or Daredevil

Demar is more along the lines of Underdog, Captain Caveman or beak...

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                  Going from 92% of Raptor republic thinking we will win against WASH to getting swept and now all the talks about rebuild vs retool vs compete now and ... Lets face it, due to lack of success, these times and these speculations have been always the most exciting times for the Raptor fans.

Now, what do you think about the draft night and what MU will do ?
                  Extend the contract of Casey and hire Stackhouse to retool the defense. Then start packing

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    i'm not sure MU makes a flurry of moves on draft night, but i do expect moves. i can't see the warlord MU moving on with the current roster as is, even with letting the FA's go and maybe signing a guy or two.
                    this...i'm not expecting much in the draft outside a pic at #20, I' expecting the really excitement is gonna come in Free Agency and at least 1 trademark MU heist trade.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                      this...i'm not expecting much in the draft outside a pic at #20, I' expecting the really excitement is gonna come in Free Agency and at least 1 trademark MU heist trade.
                      so you expect basically the same team as last season, with the exception of this "heist" trade...

Thats sad.....

Comment

For me, if we are going for a rebuild, we should see some trades that night. To me, if KL, DD are not moved that night, it means that MU will most likely start the season with both of those guys and will evaluate the team more during the season
                        I wouldn't assume those guys have to be moved at the draft. I don't think it's a magical date.

On the second point, I don't see what's left to evaluate. The same basic roster has won 48 and 49 games the last two seasons. Perhaps it's a ~49 win team? If this roster is brought back largely intact, then doesn't it have to be because they want a clean slate for 2016? Can't imagine it's because MU doesn't know what he has.

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post
                          so you expect basically the same team as last season, with the exception of this "heist" trade...

Thats sad.....
                          yes...im expecting him to address the SF/PF and Backup C in FA or trade, addressing our weakness and building onto the base of DD, KL & JV. new additions to 2/5 of the starting lineup makes a difference.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                            yes...im expecting him to address the SF/PF and Backup C in FA or trade, addressing our weakness and building onto the base of DD, KL & JV. new additions to 2/5 of the starting lineup makes a difference.
                            and who is going to make any sort of a difference at 2/5 of the starting lineup and a primary backup big that is going to be available for what we have to offer outside of our base of....shudder....DD, KL and JV.

You must be thinking Masai is gonna perform miracles with trading away GV and Ross and turnign them into 2 starters good enough to improve this team in an ever improving eastern conference

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post
                              and who is going to make any sort of a difference at 2/5 of the starting lineup and a primary backup big that is going to be available for what we have to offer outside of our base of....shudder....DD, KL and JV.

You must be thinking Masai is gonna perform miracles with trading away GV and Ross and turnign them into 2 starters good enough to improve this team in an ever improving eastern conference
                              hence why I said i'm more excited for free agency to see who he can pick up...i'd wager you anything that DD, KL & JV are back next year...

Comment

Working...
                              X