For those who want to keep core and add to it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    There's no way GSW moves Barnes. When he needs a pay raise Lee will be off the books and the cap will skyrocket - they couldn't hit the repeater tax if they tried to.
    What about Curry's next contract though Dan? With a maxed out Thompson and Green, plus a resigned Barnes (which I imagine could be in the 10M + range maybe), could it have any impact of resigning Curry? I mean, yeah, they will obviously resign Curry, but will that future necessity prevent them from committing to Barnes? Bogut and Iggy will be due when Curry is as well. I imagine Iggy is expendable, but still alot of money to tie up in four players. Is it possible Barnes could be poached?

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      I don't think Green's value is inflated, I think it's just right. I have no idea why everyone thinks all the players on San Antonio would suck if they played somewhere else, it makes no fucking sense to me. Is Danny Green all of a sudden forget how to hit 3's and defend? I don't think so. Can Danny Green be awesome at iso? No, but neither is Derozan, so just get rid of iso. Green is better than Derozan at everything except drawing fouls.
      Gary Neal is a decent example of why people are a little cautious. He was a late bloomer too (big minutes at 26 vs Green's 24), and shot 39.8% from 3 in three seasons with SA. Left at 28 and in the last two years has shot 34.3% from three, and was basically a net negative in Charlotte.

Green is 28 too now, and while he has a longer track record, I think it's fair to ask how he would cope outside of the SA system.

But I agree that it makes sense resource-wise to trade DeMar and slot in a 3-and-D at the SG position. Need more offense from the rest of the lineup but it can probably be acquired without too much worry given DD's inefficiency. Only question is whether Casey can put together a functioning offense with the new pieces.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        What about Curry's next contract though Dan? With a maxed out Thompson and Green, plus a resigned Barnes (which I imagine could be in the 10M + range maybe), could it have any impact of resigning Curry? I mean, yeah, they will obviously resign Curry, but will that future necessity prevent them from committing to Barnes? Bogut and Iggy will be due when Curry is as well. I imagine Iggy is expendable, but still alot of money to tie up in four players. Is it possible Barnes could be poached?
        The cap is leaping two years in a row. If they pay the tax this coming year, they can keep everybody.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

There's also no way GSW moves Iggy. He's too good for them. Without him, I think they would be lost for a while. He does everything on the floor, rebounds, defends, steal, shoots 3's, can be a playmaker, etc. To trade Iggy would be a major chemistry risk for the team. I think he's the perfect glue guy for the Warriors. If Lee was traded, then theyd have to throw in a great sweetener and they dont have good 1st rd picks. Maybe Barnes is a stretch but they don't have too much else to offer.

It would be smart for a team like Philly to make the trade, they have cap room for Lee, itd only be for a year as well. Then they could have their SF of the future with Barnes being restricted and sign him long term. They probably wouldnt make this trade but at some point you have to think about winning and not just 1st rd picks.

Comment

If you make a 8-10 M offer on Middleton the Bucks match without even thinking. It has to be an overpay to scare them off, and I'm not even convinced a max offer would do it. Worth a shot though..
            A max offer for Middleton is a little rash.
            He averaged 13 and 4 over a two year stint in Milwaukee. Its hard to project him becoming a difference maker that takes a team to the next level. On an club that is close to the bottom of the league offensively someone has to get points and on the Bucks it turned out to be Middleton. I do agree the Bucks will match whats offered to him in FA. With the cap going up it would be unusual for any team that has an RFA with upside to not match.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

GSW might have to bit the bullet and pay the tax.
              That's why I was interesting in seeing if the Raps could make a move for Barnes.
              Or maybe T Harris.

The cap is leaping two years in a row. If they pay the tax this coming year, they can keep everybody.

Comment

Portland is a team that might have cap issues. Everybody is getting a new contract either this year or next and seems everyone is looking for the max. Batum might be dealt depending on Wes Matthews injury and how much Lopez and LMA are looking for.

Comment

Once LMA bails that should ease their cap issues.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Is it really going to take 15 mill to get him to sign and Bucks not to match on Middleton? I think that's a bit of a stretch, if you can knock that down to 13 we'd have a bit more room to play with. Also, Middleton would clearly be Prince in the Pistons comparison.

Lowry/GV/Nando
                    DD/Ross/Vet
                    Middleton/Daniels/Bruno
                    PP/JJ/Looney
                    JV/Bebe/Thabeet

I quite like it, even before/without packaging for an upgrade at the 4. If Lowry can get his shot back (and I'm pretty sure he can), we surround JV and DD with proper shooting. We get long and athletic off the bench instead of short and scorey. MU will probably shake it up more than this, but it's not hard to envisage a much different team without blowing it up.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      Is it really going to take 15 mill to get him to sign and Bucks not to match on Middleton? I think that's a bit of a stretch, if you can knock that down to 13 we'd have a bit more room to play with. Also, Middleton would clearly be Prince in the Pistons comparison.

Lowry/GV/Nando
                      DD/Ross/Vet
                      Middleton/Daniels/Bruno
                      PP/JJ/Looney
                      JV/Bebe/Thabeet

I quite like it, even before/without packaging for an upgrade at the 4. If Lowry can get his shot back (and I'm pretty sure he can), we surround JV and DD with proper shooting. We get long and athletic off the bench instead of short and scorey. MU will probably shake it up more than this, but it's not hard to envisage a much different team without blowing it up.
                      Milwaukee has publicly stated they're willing to match anything including giving Middleton the max. Now, that might be partly a smokescreen, but you'd pretty much have to offer the max to give yourself the best shot. You wouldn't be able to risk shorting the offer....some team will probably offer the max, or Milwaukee won't hesitate to match anything lower than the max.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Lowry/GV/Nando
                        DD/Ross/Vet
                        Middleton/Daniels/Bruno
                        PP/JJ/Looney
                        JV/Bebe/Thabeet

Bucks would immediately match for Middleton at 13per

Nothing but the max is going to make Milwaukee think twice and even then they'll probably still match it.
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

Nothing but the max is going to make Milwaukee think twice and even then they'll probably still match it.
                          Offer 13M and 1 dollar like the price is right

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post

They got rid of Illyasova for that very reason.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                            X