Has Everyone given up on DD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Everyone given up on DD

Hes not a first option on a contending team maybe not even second but on the raptors he gets that treatment. Is the best thing to do trade him because he cannot carry this team? I mean he does have an iphone but i think if he can develop a 3 point shot with consistency he will prove much more valauble to this team. I am confident lowry will play at all star level again but i want to know what u guys think of DeMar DeRozan. I absolutely love demar but for the benefit of this franchise i think it might be time to move

He has an iPhone? No way!!

Comment

There's a Everything Derozan thread.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

No, I think he still has more to offer

Comment

This seems like a question that's been answered by everyone here a million times over.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
            No, I think he still has more to offer
            I like the irony of this post.

Comment

QuadrupleDouble wrote: View Post
              Hes not a first option on a contending team maybe not even second but on the raptors he gets that treatment. Is the best thing to do trade him because he cannot carry this team? I mean he does have an iphone but i think if he can develop a 3 point shot with consistency he will prove much more valauble to this team. I am confident lowry will play at all star level again but i want to know what u guys think of DeMar DeRozan. I absolutely love demar but for the benefit of this franchise i think it might be time to move
              Is he comparable to a guy like Igoudala? Or am I just being stupid?

Comment

Android all the way!

But seriously, if we knew for sure we could lock him up at a reasonable price you would hear a lot less trade talk, save for the guys who just think his playstyle is incompatible with long term success. It's the uncertainty of potentially having to pay him $20mm+ a year that concerns people.

Comment

Quad must be trying to get more clicks for RR with this thread...or is it blood in the water he seeks.

Comment

Merge this thread!
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I've given up on the combination of Casey and Derozan. I don't think we've seen his full potential yet, but as long as he's encouraged to play a primarily ISO game, he'll never be much more than he is right now. I started geeking out on Obradovic footage when I thought we might be firing Casey, and within a p&r offence based out of the high post, Derozan could undoubtedly take another step. I respect the way that he focused on his passing when he came back from injury, to me that says he understands why the iso offence was flawed, but ultimately his game lapsed in the playoffs.

Comment

I haven't. I also don't think anyone's giving him $20M + a season...unless he improves significantly in the areas he is most weakest next season.

Comment

Has Everyone given up on DD

Has everyone given up on DD?

A BIG NOPE. Just some people... Most of those people wanted him gone for years OR are scared that he'll leave or re-sign for 20+ million per year. Nothing new here.

I know better than to give up on Demar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I haven't. I also don't think anyone's giving him $20M + a season...unless he improves significantly in the areas he is most weakest next season.
                            Nicely said. I don't even think DD and his agent think he is worth $20M at the level that he is right now. If he improves this summer (which given his work ethics I would be too surprised) and if the team has a successful season , then I guess we can look into locking him up then. Lets not forget that $20 M under the new cap is more like $15 under the current cap.

At this point, I think the Anti-DD camp is using this "$20M" issue as a scare tactic to turn people off on DD and justify the pre-mature trade of him.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                              I know better than to give up on Demar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              You and your damn iPhone, DeMar. Stop posting about yourself on RR and go practice 3s.

Comment

Working...
                              X