Is masai done "evaluating"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS10 wrote: View Post
    It takes time to understand what you've got out the trade and how the newly acquired player fits into your squad. Developing chemistry with the other players on the squad and to get a real basketball connection takes a while. There is a observation and reflection period has to be done. Not all players click immediately.

Look at the GSW, they've struck gold with how their team has developed such great chemistry overtime. Imagine if they traded Klay Thompson last year to get K. Love? Or if they traded Steph Curry to the Celtics for Rajon Rondo in 2012? Would they have been as good as they are now or better? Most unlikely.

This is Masai's time to look upon the roster and see what he needs to improve and get rid of on our team. The only knock against him is bringing back the same coach for next year so far. Otherwise, the moves he's made have been beneficial ones for the Raptors long term goals and perhaps overall perception of the team.
    Warriors fired the head coach and might win a title playing a style that fits the roster they have. Raptors have no clue and the roster and coach reflects that which leads back to MU not doing anything

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Warriors fired the head coach and might win a title playing a style that fits the roster they have. Raptors have no clue and the roster and coach reflects that which leads back to MU not doing anything
      I agree but they also kept their players together rather than constantly traded players for the sake of making moves and being an active GM. Sometimes not making a move is making a move when it comes to trading key players on your team. That was my point.
      Last edited by BS10; Mon Jun 15, 2015, 09:52 AM.
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

It's not a quota but a GM that can't make deals isn't a GM. Saying there are no offers isn't good enough. Also, allowing the media to promote how he screwed NY as a deal maker makes future deals harder. Morley is one extreme but Masai might be the other. If no one want to deal with him he is reduced to trying to be a scout. No other GM gets lauded for getting great deals and that's a problem
        I really don't understand what "he hasn't done anything" means when 12 out of 15 players will have been acquired by or signed a contract with Masai Ujiri by opening night this fall. And the three guys who haven't yet signed a deal with Masai (DD, JV, TR) are all going into the final year of their current contracts. By next offseason, Masai will have directly dealt with 100% of this roster.

Bold: that is my favourite part, where in one comment you state the Bargs deal was meaningless and a wash (may as well let him expire), then in the next comment you acknowledge MU screwed the Knicks so bad in that deal that he inadvertently shot himself in the foot by doing such a good job that it became a news story and made other GM's afraid. I mean if you can have your cake and eat it too while supporting your own anti-MU points, why not, right?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
          I really don't understand what "he hasn't done anything" means when 12 out of 15 players will have been acquired by or signed a contract with Masai Ujiri by opening night this fall. And the three guys who haven't yet signed a deal with Masai (DD, JV, TR) are all going into the final year of their current contracts. By next offseason, Masai will have directly dealt with 100% of this roster.

Bold: that is my favourite part, where in one comment you state the Bargs deal was meaningless and a wash (may as well let him expire), then in the next comment you acknowledge MU screwed the Knicks so bad in that deal that he inadvertently shot himself in the foot by doing such a good job that it became a news story and made other GM's afraid. I mean if you can have your cake and eat it too while supporting your own anti-MU points, why not, right?
          Raptors999 just says things without thinking them through or looks for arguements. Which is why I blocked him. Now if only I could block the messages he's quoted in...
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

Masai has done a great job of accumulating assets to slowly increase the value of our team, it's a long steady process. We have a lot of trade assets if he decides to blow it up this year.
            The biggest ones:
            Lowry an all star calibre point guard on a good deal- worth a top 10 pick or good young prospect later pick to a team that wants to compete right away
            derozan an allstar on a cheap expiring deal-worth a top 10 pick or good young prospect to a team that already has their number 1 guy, and needs a sidekick, believes they can make the playoffs and retain him
            valanciunas is worth a top 5 pick, people want to hate on him already like 23 year old centers are supposed to be great already, but he will be and good bigs are hard to find

ross is a cheap deal for a team that needs shooting, plays an uptempo style, probably believe a change of scenery would help him
            patterson is valuable as a stretch 4 on a reasonable deal
            vasquez to a team who loses their pg for the season, on an expiring
            lou will resigned and traded to a team who needs scoring help off the bench
            amir if resigned will be very valuable to a team who needs a good 3rd big
            jj is expiring and can be a good wing defender for a contender

potential guys to sweeten deals in bruno, bebe
            plus we have picks to move,

i believe he will do a good job moving them when the time comes, or be a major player should a star player come up on the market
            Last edited by draps; Mon Jun 15, 2015, 12:15 PM. Reason: stupid phone

Comment

Both Gay and Bargs would be expiring now. Novak expires next season. Since he did nothing with the payroll flexibility its a wash. His idiot coach turns everyone into 40% fg shooters with high usage killing any trade value. Take away the NY first and neither team would reverse the trades
              "Take away the ny first"but why? Why would you take away the new york first? So it can fit your argument? Because that pick alone is enough for bargs and could still be anything from a complete Bust to a hall of famer.

I understand your anti casey and anti masai, but your argue so hard for your own points you can never give another point credit. One minute he's a crap Gm because he doesn't do enough trades, then people point out good trades and you say "who cares they only had TWO years left on their deal anyway, maaaannn". I think everybody around here is so butthurt about casey its starting to spill over to masai.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

So true. I think there would be less frustration if MU didn't retain DC . His wait and see routine would be easier to justify.

Comment

Working...
                X