Is masai done "evaluating"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is masai done "evaluating"

Many are anticipating a tumultuous offseason for this organization. In my avid belief, with the all star festivites arriving in Toronto, Masai will give this roster one last oppurtunity for next year. I do also believe hes saving all the BIG moves for the 2016 offseason where casey is off contract we have ton of cap spacing and all the superstar free agents will bang on. Expecting another waste season next year. Only jv lowry and cabolo will be under contract and he is reportedly eyeing KD
    Last edited by QuadrupleDouble; Sun Jun 14, 2015, 01:52 AM.

QuadrupleDouble wrote: View Post
    Many are anticipating a tumultuous offseason for this organization. In my avid belief, with the all star festivites arriving in Toronto, Masai will give this roster one last oppurtunity for next year. I do also believe hes saving all the BIG moves for the 2016 offseason where casey is off contract we have ton of cap spacing and all the superstar free agents will bang on. Expecting another waste season next year. Only jv lowry and cabolo and he is reportedly eyeing KD
    If that's the case, not turning some of the expirings into assest that expire in 2016 was a huge waste. MU hasn't done anything

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      If that's the case, not turning some of the expirings into assest that expire in 2016 was a huge waste. MU hasn't done anything
      I agree, he hasnt reallu done much since hes been here and Im starting to think he is afraid of making mistakes. He has always been the one to fleece others and i dont think he wants to make a trade thats risky and ruin his reputation. I mean, why would he emphasize continuity if he stated that he was aware that this years roster was set up for failure im starting to doubt his ability to GM but again he keeps his cards close to himself so idk what hes thinking. I was pissed off last year when he draft caboclo with the 20th pick, i wouldve loved to get a guy like clint capela
      Last edited by QuadrupleDouble; Sun Jun 14, 2015, 02:00 AM.

Comment

YOU KNOW NOTHING JOHN SNOw

Comment

I agree, he hasnt reallu done much since hes been here and Im starting to think he is afraid of making mistakes. He has always been the one to fleece others and i dont think he wants to make a trade thats risky and ruin his reputation. I mean, why would he emphasize continuity if he stated that he was aware that this years roster was set up for failure im starting to doubt his ability to GM but again he keeps his cards close to himself so idk what hes thinking. I was pissed off last year when he draft caboclo with the 20th pick, i wouldve loved to get a guy like clint capela
          I'd love to see your post at that time, saying such.

Let's wait and see what happens. Jeez, the power of hindsight...

Comment

He's picked the nuggets dry.

Now time to devour Denver. If he can sell Ross as a legit 3 & D, and Amir as healthy, and Vasquez as a "former starter", he could go for Lawson and Galinari. A little more and we may land Faried.

Comment

Many are anticipating a tumultuous offseason for this organization. In my avid belief, with the all star festivites arriving in Toronto, Masai will give this roster one last oppurtunity for next year. I do also believe hes saving all the BIG moves for the 2016 offseason where casey is off contract we have ton of cap spacing and all the superstar free agents will bang on. Expecting another waste season next year. Only jv lowry and cabolo will be under contract and he is reportedly eyeing KD
              Masai: Er, ummm, erummm....it's a process...we shall see.

Comment

He's a good gm, who isn't at risk of losing his job which means he can make long term decisions. These things take time, it's a long process trying to fix a franchise like this, and he's put us in a very good situation so far.
                We're a playoff team, coming off its best seasons in history, with no long term contracts, extra picks, no bad deals. He's just waiting for the right opportunity to come along and isn't forcing it like colangelo would have. on top of that he's shown good ability to find talent late in the draft.
                If he doesn't make major moves this offseason it's probably because the right one isn't there, so he'll wait until mid season when our guys have raised their value and shop them again. I have full trust in him doing this the right way, I'm not sure what more you would expect so soon

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  That's exactly the problem--he hasn't done anything. At what point will he be held to account.

Comment

evaluation never ends...and what exactly should have MU done that he hasn't? I love how people assume that great moves were on the table and that he ignored them. Someone tell me one good move that you know MU could have made that he didn't?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      evaluation never ends...and what exactly should have MU done that he hasn't? I love how people assume that great moves were on the table and that he ignored them. Someone tell me one good move that you know MU could have made that he didn't?
                      I'm a big Masai fan.. I think he's got some moves up his sleeves that some will be wowed by (even bigger than the Bargnani trade).. but he did not fire Casey. And that's a huge negative in my opinion.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'm a big Masai fan.. I think he's got some moves up his sleeves that some will be wowed by (even bigger than the Bargnani trade).. but he did not fire Casey. And that's a huge negative in my opinion.
                        Yup, but that's the only one that's something tangible to point at, otherwise it's just people getting their panties in a twist with "what if" type thinking. But the positives far outweigh the negatives to this point and it's not even close, especially when you take the time to remember the dumpster fire Colangelo left here to clean up.

---

Oh, and GMs are never done evaluating. Never. I don't even know what that means. A GM who isn't evaluating is literally not doing his job. I guarantee you that Buford and Pop, even in the mid-2000s as the Spurs were the best team in basketball, kept evaluating their team to find ways to get better.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          One of the duties of the GM is to be able to create deals. A GM that says there were no deals means he isn't able to do his job. Morey makes deals even small ones just to gain a reputation for being willing to pull the trigger. MU hasnt been doing anything

Comment

Making deals just to make deals is a stupid idea. We aren't contending, it's better to show loyalty and stand behind your guys if it's not going to push the needle.
                            I think you're forgetting that morey also doesn't have a great reputation among players for the way he treats them like assets rather then people

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                              Making deals just to make deals is a stupid idea. We aren't contending, it's better to show loyalty and stand behind your guys if it's not going to push the needle.
                              I think you're forgetting that morey also doesn't have a great reputation among players for the way he treats them like assets rather then people
                              But if teams are looking to deal they phone the Rockets. Half of the Raptors roster do not figure into any plans moving forward not even getting second rounders is a waste. The Raptors are not a team that can do nothing either get better or get younger

Comment

Working...
                              X