Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Casey right? Is the day of the C over??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another issue is that Kerr ADJUSTED to beat a team with a lineup he didn't use regular season but Casey sees this as vindication of small ball not of ADJUSTING. Pretty sure if Bulls were in the playoffs Bogut would be playing more

Comment

• The only Day of the C that's over is the Day of the Casey.

Comment

• Best smoke screen ever.....or it doesn't sound like the future of Toronto is minus JV:

If the Raptors decide to address their front court needs on Thursday they’re going to ensure any forward they draft can play alongside their promising young centre, Jonas Valanciunas. ”Any big guy we’re looking at, it’s with the mindset of ‘How can this prospect play off of a guy like JV, who knows his spots and where he likes to be?’”

Though those spots could change as soon as next season. “JV has shown he can make a 15-18 foot jump shot and it’s just a matter of him getting that more consistently in his routine.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...utweighs-need/

Comment

• “JV has shown he can make a 15-18 foot jump shot and it’s just a matter of him getting that more consistently in his routine.”
          I'll believe it when I see it, but still, it's a relief to know that someone in the organization has finally said this out loud.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            I'll believe it when I see it, but still, it's a relief to know that someone in the organization has finally said this out loud.
            I think he has been pigeon holed in what he is permitted to do and is not permitted to do.

I firmly believe he has been put in a straight jacket with regards to the role card Casey has given him.

Christ, they had a rule where he could only receive a pass! Ugh.

He has regressed since his rookie season in perimeter shooting all the while keeping solid free throw % and mechanics.

The best thing that will happen to JV's career is getting away from Casey. It is the only chance he'll have to show what he really is.... and maybe he isn't all that to begin with but at least he'll have the freedom to show what he really is.

*obviously this is all my opinion. I'm not in on inner workings of Raptors locker room....thanks to security*

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              I think he has been pigeon holed in what he is permitted to do and is not permitted to do.

I firmly believe he has been put in a straight jacket with regards to the role card Casey has given him.

Christ, they had a rule where he could only receive a pass! Ugh.

He has regressed since his rookie season in perimeter shooting all the while keeping solid free throw % and mechanics.

The best thing that will happen to JV's career is getting away from Casey. It is the only chance he'll have to show what he really is.... and maybe he isn't all that to begin with but at least he'll have the freedom to show what he really is.

*obviously this is all my opinion. I'm not in on inner workings of Raptors locker room....thanks to security*
              Yeah I think it was more of a teaching and motivation thing...to get him to post up as close to the basket as possible. I don't know how much of a back to the basket player he was before he came to Toronto but I'm sure it needed to be developed and it was a focus of the team. In the long run I think it will be a benefit to him worth a little straight jacket.
              Last edited by Mess; Tue Jun 23, 2015, 12:42 PM.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Yeah I think it was more of a teaching and motivation thing...to get him to post up as close to the basket as possible. I don't know how much of a back to the basket player he was before he came to Toronto but I'm sure it needed to be developed and it was a focus of the team. In the long run I think it will be a benefit to him rather worth a little straight jacket.
                He was sold as a Tyson Chandler/Joakim Noah-type, two-way centre, who was a fantactic PnR finisher.

So no, he wasn't at all a back-to-the-basket player, he is now. I agree though, his post play will benefit him.

Comment

Working...
                X