Tim Hardaway
    Melo
    David Lee / Bargnani?
    Greg Monroe

Profit.
    I think I scored 20 just looking at that

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      It's possible, but I think the Raptors' asking price would likely be higher than Philly's or some other bad team's - for now.

Lets say the offer is David Lee + 2015 1st (no.30) + a few second rounders for cap space. I don't know if that would be enough for Philly, but it's conceivable that it would be enough. They probably aren't going to sign anyone meaningful this summer, they are under minimum payroll for next year, plus David Lee could be a positive veteran presence, a high character locker room vet. Plus some low picks. It's a pretty good deal for them.

I don't know if the Raptors would rush at the same deal. They get some low picks, but they lose an opportunity to maybe sign someone better. It's a good deal in late July if the Raptors have a bad offseason. But for now, I'd rather for example try to sign Jared Dudley or someone like that for the SF spot and keep some of that money for a PF signing or a trade. Jared Dudley + lets say Gibson would be a much better offseason for this team, in my eyes, than David Lee and a few very low picks.
      Maybe. But there are other assets to trade out if you need an upgrade elsewhere, assets you'd need to be moving to get Taj Gibson, for example. I'm just a fan of moves that bring in assets both for the long and short term, especially when the only cost attached is of the opportunity variety.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        What about us? Lee ostensibly fills a hole. And more draft picks = good.
        You're the cap expert around here right?

Does

Livingston+Lee+30th pick for Vasquez work? Do we have the cap space to absorb the excess salary?

Lee is a season removed from averaging 18-9 and is a good passer for a bigman as well. Livingston might actually not have me throwing up if Casey wants to put 2 PGs out there all the time. Getting a draft pick is huge as well, can get another rotation player who will be dirt cheap under the new cap and locked in for 4 years. Shaun has a TO in 2016-17 so it's basically 2 expirings, no long-term commitment.

Makes the team better next season imo. And if 2016 Free Agency is the real target, then it definitely doesn't impede that either. And actually prevents us from signing any contracts this season that we might regret when that FA period rolls around.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

Does

Livingston+Lee+30th pick for Vasquez work? Do we have the cap space to absorb the excess salary?

Lee is a season removed from averaging 18-9 and is a good passer for a bigman as well. Livingston might actually not have me throwing up if Casey wants to put 2 PGs out there all the time. Getting a draft pick is huge as well, can get another rotation player who will be dirt cheap under the new cap and locked in for 4 years. Shaun has a TO in 2016-17 so it's basically 2 expirings, no long-term commitment.

Makes the team better next season imo. And if 2016 Free Agency is the real target, then it definitely doesn't impede that either. And actually prevents us from signing any contracts this season that we might regret when that FA period rolls around.
          I like Livingston as a player but we all know players that cannot shoot don't play for Casey unless your name is DeMar
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

Does

Yeah, that works, if we do it in the summer - we'd just have to agree to it at the draft so that we can tell them who to pick with pick 30.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I could see that more as a fallback plan - except for the fact it needs to be planned and agreed upon ahead of the draft. ha

Masai would have to gauge the possible interest of potential free agents without ever being allowed to "officially" contact them. Assuming he's not already convinced that next summer will be the best opportunity in free agency.

so, /shrug
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                I could see that more as a fallback plan - except for the fact it needs to be planned and agreed upon ahead of the draft. ha

Masai would have to gauge the possible interest of potential free agents without ever being allowed to "officially" contact them. Assuming he's not already convinced that next summer will be the best opportunity in free agency.

so, /shrug
                Tbh. The free agent class sucks.

All the FAs worth throwing big money at are either restricted FAs (Tobias Harris, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton) or UFAs that will not even consider signing here unless drugged (Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge).

Why not get a productive PF who can give us scoring, effective passing and much better rebounding than Amir, while also getting a 1st round pick and maybe even a guy like Livingston? Makes a lot of sense to me tbh.

Comment

Yess to David Lee!!!
                  HELLO did anyone watch finals game 3!?
                  I feel that he is really under-valued due to his injuries but if we can get him for cheap and if he stays healthy, its a steal!!!

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    correct me if I'm wrong but we could trade Hayes, Fields, and Hansbrough to them for David Lee and then they all expire on the 1st? we get David Lee and the 30th pick?

Like what just happened with Ilysova
                    Yep, that works. I like the idea as long as we get the draft pick or future pick. Next season is a writeoff anyway and Lee's contract is only 1 year, so why not trade some filler for a position of need, and give Casey no excuses. Lee even has experience has a succesful small ball center undr D'Antoni. Steamer, Hayes and Fields would match salaries. We could keep Hansbro as a cheap backup and let Amir walk.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Yep, that works. I like the idea as long as we get the draft pick or future pick. Next season is a writeoff anyway and Lee's contract is only 1 year, so why not trade some filler for a position of need, and give Casey no excuses. Lee even has experience has a succesful small ball center undr D'Antoni. Steamer, Hayes and Fields would match salaries. We could keep Hansbro as a cheap backup and let Amir walk.
                      I like it.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post

so, /shrug
                        Mess nailed it. The big question is whether we're ready to give up on free agency before free agency even starts, because that's what trading for Lee would mean, we would have no cap space left before free agency even starts.

Is the 30th pick worth enough to you to not be able to sign any decent free agents? I believe all we would have left is the miniMLE and minimum contracts. The roster would be something resembling this:

Lowry, GV, min contract
                        DD, Ross, mini MLE
                        JJ, Bruno, 30th pick
                        Lee, PPat, 20th pick
                        JV, Bebe, min contract

Obviously the picks could be used for any position, Ross could be used at the 3, Bruno could be used at the 4, the miniMLE could be used at any position, but that's more or less the roster if Lee is the only trade we make.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          Can't trade expiring contracts unless we do a sign and trade, and GSW will not want any part of Hayes/Fields or Steamer. As mentioned above though, they can do trade after July 1 when the Raptors have cap space, and let GSW pick a player for Toronto in the draft. GSW will end up with a TPE.

Downside is that Masai will have no opportunities to talk to free agents to further bolster the roster.

Comment

I'm actually calling it right now...we are getting David Lee and the 30th pick
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I think the tanking teams will be salivating with a reverse auction happening where they are accepting less and less for lee. I could see a team in a situation like lees knowing the bottom feeders will take a pic and eat the contract. Then it is waiting to see who will accept the least other compensation.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                                I'm actually calling it right now...we are getting David Lee and the 30th pick
                                I hope your prediction comes true!! if what we give up is fair!!
                                I would love Davild Lee here!! He good with pick and roll and defense I think!

Comment

Working...
                                X