MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Hardaway is an atrocious defender
    LOL I see. Wouldn't know. Knicks were pretty hard to watch last year

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    LOL that has got to one the worst defensive lineups I've ever seen. Outside of Hardaway maybe.
    Hardaway is an atrocious defender

Leave a comment:

• Blacklash2k4
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    hahaha.

Calderon
    Tim Hardaway
    Melo
    David Lee / Bargnani?
    Greg Monroe

Profit.
    LOL that has got to one the worst defensive lineups I've ever seen. Outside of Hardaway maybe.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    FromDeep wrote: View Post

Speaking of crazy, if Bruno's only jobs were to jack 3's and not get taken to school on D...
    That's what I'm saying

Throw him in the starting lineup and tell him...Stay in front of your guy and hit open 3s, While, Lowry, DeRozan, Lee and JV handle the offense. Just make him the release valve

Leave a comment:

• FromDeep
    replied
    I like David Lee's game, and I'm up for seeing how JV develops, but as the team is currently constructed/coached? If we also got a legitimate 3-point shooter at the 3, this could be just crazy enough to interest me...

Speaking of crazy, if Bruno's only jobs were to jack 3's and not get taken to school on D...

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    I hope your prediction comes true!! if what we give up is fair!!
    I would love Davild Lee here!! He good with pick and roll and defense I think!
    We'd essentially be giving up nothing. I know we technically need to send something back, so most likely the rights to one of our failed 2nd round picks, either Tomislav Zubic or DeeAndre Hulett. Don't know who those guys are? That's why I'm equating them with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I'm actually calling it right now...we are getting David Lee and the 30th pick
    I hope your prediction comes true!! if what we give up is fair!!
    I would love Davild Lee here!! He good with pick and roll and defense I think!

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    I think the tanking teams will be salivating with a reverse auction happening where they are accepting less and less for lee. I could see a team in a situation like lees knowing the bottom feeders will take a pic and eat the contract. Then it is waiting to see who will accept the least other compensation.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I'm actually calling it right now...we are getting David Lee and the 30th pick

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Yep, that works. I like the idea as long as we get the draft pick or future pick. Next season is a writeoff anyway and Lee's contract is only 1 year, so why not trade some filler for a position of need, and give Casey no excuses. Lee even has experience has a succesful small ball center undr D'Antoni. Steamer, Hayes and Fields would match salaries. We could keep Hansbro as a cheap backup and let Amir walk.
    Can't trade expiring contracts unless we do a sign and trade, and GSW will not want any part of Hayes/Fields or Steamer. As mentioned above though, they can do trade after July 1 when the Raptors have cap space, and let GSW pick a player for Toronto in the draft. GSW will end up with a TPE.

Downside is that Masai will have no opportunities to talk to free agents to further bolster the roster.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    I could see that more as a fallback plan - except for the fact it needs to be planned and agreed upon ahead of the draft. ha

Masai would have to gauge the possible interest of potential free agents without ever being allowed to "officially" contact them. Assuming he's not already convinced that next summer will be the best opportunity in free agency.

so, /shrug
    Mess nailed it. The big question is whether we're ready to give up on free agency before free agency even starts, because that's what trading for Lee would mean, we would have no cap space left before free agency even starts.

Is the 30th pick worth enough to you to not be able to sign any decent free agents? I believe all we would have left is the miniMLE and minimum contracts. The roster would be something resembling this:

Lowry, GV, min contract
    DD, Ross, mini MLE
    JJ, Bruno, 30th pick
    Lee, PPat, 20th pick
    JV, Bebe, min contract

Obviously the picks could be used for any position, Ross could be used at the 3, Bruno could be used at the 4, the miniMLE could be used at any position, but that's more or less the roster if Lee is the only trade we make.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Yep, that works. I like the idea as long as we get the draft pick or future pick. Next season is a writeoff anyway and Lee's contract is only 1 year, so why not trade some filler for a position of need, and give Casey no excuses. Lee even has experience has a succesful small ball center undr D'Antoni. Steamer, Hayes and Fields would match salaries. We could keep Hansbro as a cheap backup and let Amir walk.
    I like it.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong but we could trade Hayes, Fields, and Hansbrough to them for David Lee and then they all expire on the 1st? we get David Lee and the 30th pick?

Like what just happened with Ilysova

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    Yess to David Lee!!!
    HELLO did anyone watch finals game 3!?
    I feel that he is really under-valued due to his injuries but if we can get him for cheap and if he stays healthy, its a steal!!!

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    I could see that more as a fallback plan - except for the fact it needs to be planned and agreed upon ahead of the draft. ha

Masai would have to gauge the possible interest of potential free agents without ever being allowed to "officially" contact them. Assuming he's not already convinced that next summer will be the best opportunity in free agency.

so, /shrug
    Tbh. The free agent class sucks.

All the FAs worth throwing big money at are either restricted FAs (Tobias Harris, Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, Khris Middleton) or UFAs that will not even consider signing here unless drugged (Marc Gasol, LaMarcus Aldridge).

Why not get a productive PF who can give us scoring, effective passing and much better rebounding than Amir, while also getting a 1st round pick and maybe even a guy like Livingston? Makes a lot of sense to me tbh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X