X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Maybe it is because we have seen Ross play and show us that he can play. Ross's problem is in his head and has nothing to do with skills. As far as Bruno, he is one giant mystery.
    I wouldn't call him a mystery man. Dude has ZERO game. I said this before and i'll say it again, watching him play is like watching a 10 year old kid play basketball for the FIRST TIME. I would be very surprised if this guy ever plays MEANINGFUL mins in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
    I would never understand people... So negative towards Bruno, but optimistic for Ross...
    Maybe it is because we have seen Ross play and show us that he can play. Ross's problem is in his head and has nothing to do with skills. As far as Bruno, he is one giant mystery.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I say SF for now. Ideally, we will add a 6'10/6'11 player with even longer wingspan to play PF.

Without really knowing his skill set (can he rebound? can he defend in the post?) we don't have much to go on except perimeter shooting and body measurements. Until I see him mixing it up in a physical style, a tall SF.
    Agree 100%. Skill set should define your position much more than your size.

All these replies and not one mention of Kevin Durant? For shame. The Brazilian KD weeps.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    I would never understand people... So negative towards Bruno, but optimistic for Ross...

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    How about that new position? Versatile Forward.

With his quickness and length, if he fills out I don't see why he wouldn't be able to play and defend both spots quite easily.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Nudy Gobare is a good one
    I always preferred Dancing To Thabeet

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    This may the the CR talking but...currently I see him as a PFC....Pretty Fucking Clueless.

That being said, I know my fantasy basketball team name for next year:

WHO WANTS TO SEX CABOCLO?
    Nudy Gobare is a good one

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    This may the the CR talking but...currently I see him as a PFC....Pretty Fucking Clueless.

That being said, I know my fantasy basketball team name for next year:

WHO WANTS TO SEX CABOCLO?

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    The way Bruno plays is a 3.

Sure he has the body of a 4 but it is how he plays that will dictate his role on the court.

Maybe in later years he can adapt to be a 4 but I primarily see perimeter player from him right now

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    I'm perplexed by all the negative talk about "bulking".

Young players aren't physically big enough to play in the NBA, they ALL have to put on muscle. Period. JV putting on weight is essential, JV getting fat, is not.

Same goes for all the young Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Very much feel he is a SF. Tough to see him putting on enough strength to play PF. And in either case, I'd be focusing his development on improving his quickness, laterals and dribbling skills rather than his post game or bulking.

Small ball PF sure, but nowadays that's just a SF.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i see him as a SF that plays a ton of PF in various small ball lineups

he's the skinniest 220 i've ever seen
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. We really have little to go on at this point, but I see him as a SF, but should able to handle PF for small ball. But if he actually becomes a good NBA player, than that is very exciting because he should provide mismatches at either position on most nights.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Putting the cart before the horse here. God willing, Bruno is simply an NBA player..

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    You must have missed the first paragraph:

But your overall post is spot on. Lets say screw the 6'9" kid with a 7'7" wingspan who also happens to have a sweet stroke from deep and is not even 20 years old (making him essentially the same age as this years top prospects) because he didn't get a lot of game action and had to settle for learning a language, training under NBA guidance, skill development, and scrimmaging with NBA players.

This wasn't the ideal situation so cut him.

Maybe they can stretch his salary to minimize the cap hit from $1.6M next season to $533k over the next 3 seasons instead.
    best change your name to McSarcastic

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I have seen the future and I see a lot of "scrub" "nothing" "waste of pick" type of posts. Lets assume he pans out into a NBA player for just one moment.

So what position does he play?

He is 6'9" with a 7'7" wingpsan and currently 221 pounds.

I think many, myself included, assumed SF. However I was asking this question last summer. I think he has ability to play both positions but if he is predominantly a PF, I think that is very intriguing long term.

For comparison sake:

A guy like Thaddeus Young who is a tweener is 6'8" with a 6'11" wingspan and 221lbs.
    Mirotic is 6'10" and 220lbs.
    Faried is 6'7.5" with 7'0" wingspan and 228lbs.
    Josh Smith is 6'9" and 225lbs.
    Anthony Davis 6'10" and 220lbs.

What do you think?
    PF. Stretch 4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X