Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian
    replied
    I think body size/weight different from body type. It's really hard to say at this point if his body would be able to take the punishment that an NBA PF has to face because he's really skin and bones right now (relative to other NBA players). Let's see him when he is filled out -- remember we always said Bosh needed to bulk up, but he really couldn't. Some guys just don't have the body type for it. On the other hand look at JV, he bulked up and it affected his game in a bad way.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i see him as a SF that plays a ton of PF in various small ball lineups

he's the skinniest 220 i've ever seen

i know a lot of people here think he was a terrible pick but i'm still excited about Bruno. i get the idea of throwing him and Bebe in the d-league for a year but i honestly feel like playing him actual minutes during the season, not garbage minutes either, would be the most beneficial.

obviously i know under Casey that will never happen

#NickNurse2015
    It's really hard to buy that he's 220 (visually I mean). I think that puts him heavier than both Ross and DeRozan.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    I figure you're joking, but still. I'm not sure how long the Giannis as PG experiment will last before it flames out but I'd rather not try it with Bruno.
    I think it alReady did flame out.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    I think he makes sense in either position tbh. I havent seen enough of him to know if he is quick laterally for some sf like wiggins, but his length should make up for any deficiencies I suppose. I am happy with him playing any position that can get him minutes. Consider that nobody knows how to best use him because of his lack of game experience. If he is going to play in the d league all year I would want him to have time as the primary/secondary ball handler as well as playing off the ball so he can just understand the game better. Giannis played pg for the Bucks for stretches this year in like the preseason and stuff for this reason (also he is an athletic freak who has the physical capabilities to play any position)
    Last edited by DogeLover1234; Fri Jun 19, 2015, 01:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    BS10 wrote: View Post
    Bruno should be our starting PG for next year. If he ups his BBall IQ game and passing ability, he'd be the perfect guard. I like to dream big.
    I figure you're joking, but still. I'm not sure how long the Giannis as PG experiment will last before it flames out but I'd rather not try it with Bruno.

Leave a comment:

• BS10
    replied
    Bruno should be our starting PG for next year. If he ups his BBall IQ game and passing ability, he'd be the perfect guard. I like to dream big.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I think (eventually) he'll play at the 3, but can easily play the 4 in small ball, like JJ and Pierce.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Say what?

That would be insane.

In this years draft the longest wingspan is Upshaw at 7'5".

Rudy Gobert is 7'9".

I'm not sure that is possible... but man would I love it!
    lol what can I say, dream big.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    i see him as a SF that plays a ton of PF in various small ball lineups

he's the skinniest 220 i've ever seen

i know a lot of people here think he was a terrible pick but i'm still excited about Bruno. i get the idea of throwing him and Bebe in the d-league for a year but i honestly feel like playing him actual minutes during the season, not garbage minutes either, would be the most beneficial.

obviously i know under Casey that will never happen

#NickNurse2015

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    At this point, I don't think it really matters. I am not even sure if he can play in this league yet. This season, he should get a lot of playing time in the D-league and that should give us some idea of what we have in our hands.
    You must have missed the first paragraph:

I have seen the future and I see a lot of "scrub" "nothing" "waste of pick" type of posts. Lets assume he pans out into a NBA player for just one moment.

But your overall post is spot on. Lets say screw the 6'9" kid with a 7'7" wingspan who also happens to have a sweet stroke from deep and is not even 20 years old (making him essentially the same age as this years top prospects) because he didn't get a lot of game action and had to settle for learning a language, training under NBA guidance, skill development, and scrimmaging with NBA players.

This wasn't the ideal situation so cut him.

Maybe they can stretch his salary to minimize the cap hit from $1.6M next season to $533k over the next 3 seasons instead.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    At this point, I don't think it really matters. I am not even sure if he can play in this league yet. This season, he should get a lot of playing time in the D-league and that should give us some idea of what we have in our hands.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    It's interesting how we have become so focused on wingspan in addition to height and weight. The legendary John Wooden talked about "quickness" as being the single most important attribute in sports. Isn't that the whole debate that's going around with JV, small ball and scramble D - one of the central themes is quickness. A guy like DD, for example, is considered an uber-elite athlete even by NBA standards and yet he seems to lack the foot-speed or lateral quickness to be a solid perimeter defender. JV was apparently a quick high-motor big when we drafted him, but now he's become a sloth NBA relic, according to many.

Nice article on John Wooden...

http://www.podiumsportsjournal.com/2...f-john-wooden/

Wooden was often asked about the attributes he sought in his players…”The most important attribute in any sport is quickness. Yet, quickness must be under control. If it isn’t under control, you have a lot of activity without achievement. I don’t want activity without achievement,” said Wooden. “To have quickness under control, you have to be balanced, emotionally and mentally balanced. To have the physical balance, you have to be mentally balanced… Balance is keeping things in perspective, not letting yourself get too high or not letting yourself get too low,” said Wooden. His penchant for saying things that made his players think…enabled them to learn both the game and balance in their lives simultaneously. “Be quick, but never hurry” was one such paradoxical lesson.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I say SF for now. Ideally, we will add a 6'10/6'11 player with even longer wingspan to play PF.

Without really knowing his skill set (can he rebound? can he defend in the post?) we don't have much to go on except perimeter shooting and body measurements. Until I see him mixing it up in a physical style, a tall SF.
    Say what?

That would be insane.

In this years draft the longest wingspan is Upshaw at 7'5".

Rudy Gobert is 7'9".

I'm not sure that is possible... but man would I love it!

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Good point. A player's position is defined by which position he can successfully defend on a consistent basis.

Bruno appears too weak to defend power forwards, and we know absolutely nothing about his ability to rebound. If he doesn't develop the ability to keep guys out of the paint and rebound, then he's a perimeter player. Charles Barkley was 6-4, and Kevin Love is closer to 6-7, apparently.

I fear that we will make Bruno bulk up (like Rudy Gay and JV) and he'll become slow and lumbering, as he isn't the quickest footed guy to begin with, despite his other athletic gifts. And if he doesn't have foot-speed, he can't defend perimeter players either. I'd go with developing Bruno to be as quick-footed as possible, with a "wiry strong" frame and keep him as a perimeter player.
    Definitely agree he is too weak to guard PF's right... probably SF's too - lol.

As for his ability to rebound, this ties in to his strength, but he has shown a nose for the ball and the natural instinct to follow it and crash the glass. Game film is limited but I feel confident in making the statement. Getting after it is more than half the battle.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Right now he projects to be Austin Daye 2.0. What I hope he can become is something more than that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X