Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how have the Raptors prepared for Thursday night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    I didn't see the words Caliper Test used anywhere, so that's a relief. But then again, we drafted Ross over Drummond partly because Casey was high on Ross' character and BC thought Drummond had "mental makeup" issues, so who knows?

If anybody doesn't believe that the draft is one gigantic crapshoot, please read this one again .... and weep

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ndre-drummond/
    Who was the top 3 guy and also biggest mistake ever drummond is so much better than Ross and jv combined x2

Comment

Lets get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Ross over Drummond just cause we had JV
        Bargs over Aldridge because we had Bosh.

But to be fair, he nabbed us Jonas.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

To be fair he missed on Klay Thompson and Kawai Leonard.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            To be fair he missed on Klay Thompson and Kawai Leonard.
            Bosh also wanted us to draft aldridge.... If we had gone with bosh's wishes we could have had him playing center while LmA played the PF.....

Kawai leonard I get cause he got drafted pretty late .

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

bargs over aldridge was a fine pick at the time. when i look back i wonder if we would have been able to keep bosh if we had of taken aldridge like he wanted or if he would have left anyways.

bargs had the tools just not the will, if he was a hard worker he probably could have done something.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                Bosh also wanted us to draft aldridge.... If we had gone with bosh's wishes we could have had him playing center while LmA played the PF.....

Quite the opposite. Bosh did NOT want to play C any longer.

LMA was the best player available, but imagine the outcry at drafting a backup PF (due to Bosh, not talent) with the #1 overall pick? To this day, I still am surprised they didn't go with one of the wings (Roy, Gay or Foye), given that the NBA was just starting to become a guard-dominant league at that time.

Leonard was one of my top players in his draft, but I felt he was a reach for where the Raptors were drafting. I was hoping they would acquire a late-mid 1st round pick to grab him. I thought he was a good glue guy, but never expected he'd blossom the way he has. Having said that, had he been drafted in the top-10, by a team that would have thrust him into a far more significant role from the outset, I really doubt he would have had the same success; the situation on the Spurs was ideal for him, similar to Rondo getting drafted by Boston as the big-3 was formed.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jun 25, 2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

The texas connection would have been nice of Bosh + LMA on our team… jeeze… Raps blew it...
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                    The texas connection would have been nice of Bosh + LMA on our team… jeeze… Raps blew it...
                    well they always blow it!!! Colangelo could have saved his job if he would have just drafted Drummond over Ross!!!! but nooooooooo lets go for the safe pick!!! go big or go home!!!!! learn Masai learn!!!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Quite the opposite. Bosh did NOT want to play C any longer.

LMA was the best player available, but imagine the outcry at drafting a backup PF (due to Bosh, not talent) with the #1 overall pick? To this day, I still am surprised they didn't go with one of the wings (Roy, Gay or Foye), given that the NBA was just starting to become a guard-dominant league at that time.

Leonard was one of my top players in his draft, but I felt he was a reach for where the Raptors were drafting. I was hoping they would acquire a late-mid 1st round pick to grab him. I thought he was a good glue guy, but never expected he'd blossom the way he has. Having said that, had he been drafted in the top-10, by a team that would have thrust him into a far more significant role from the outset, I really doubt he would have had the same success; the situation on the Spurs was ideal for him, similar to Rondo getting drafted by Boston as the big-3 was formed.
                      I was BIG Rudy fan during that draft and wanted Colangelo to trade down and get him while acquiring assets
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

The ONLY teams who could draft on need are CONTENDERS (top 3-4) because even if they make a mistake; they are good enough to absorb it and have time to adjust without too many consequences.
                        Everyone else should draft on BPA (end of story).
                        But the temptation is too hard sometimes for GMs because YOU ALREADY SEE how well a guy who fit in your roster and start taking your assumptions for fait accompli.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Good because I don't think a team should ever draft based on need (unless there's tie on their draft board). I mean otherwise you see guys like Hoffa going before Iguodala...

Comment

Who needs LMA when you have the Dirk 2.0.
                          Colangelo made me stop watching raps basketball for almost 6 years.

Speaking of crazy GMs, I wonder what Hinkie is gonna do this year.
                          If he picks PORTZINSKI, I'LL BE ROTFLMAO....

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          well they always blow it!!! Colangelo could have saved his job if he would have just drafted Drummond over Ross!!!! but nooooooooo lets go for the safe pick!!! go big or go home!!!!! learn Masai learn!!!

Comment

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              I was BIG Rudy fan during that draft and wanted Colangelo to trade down and get him while acquiring assets
                              If Bargnani is 6'10 and not 7'1 I suspect that Colangelo is simply taking Gay at #1 and going home happy but hindsight is always 20/20 and: (A) it's really, really tough for any GM to move the #1 pick (when's the last time that happened?) and (B) it's really, really tough for a GM to go small over big. Even last year you had lots of people prepared to take Embiid (a guy with a stress fracture in his foot and back) over a generational talent like Wiggins cause Embiid is a big guy.

Comment

Gay wasn't really in the picture.

slaw wrote: View Post
                                If Bargnani is 6'10 and not 7'1 I suspect that Colangelo is simply taking Gay at #1 and going home happy but hindsight is always 20/20 and: (A) it's really, really tough for any GM to move the #1 pick (when's the last time that happened?) and (B) it's really, really tough for a GM to go small over big. Even last year you had lots of people prepared to take Embiid (a guy with a stress fracture in his foot and back) over a generational talent like Wiggins cause Embiid is a big guy.
                                Gay wasn't really on the radar for #1 back then. It was down to Mago and Aldridge. He wanted to trade down and take Mago lower but no one offered him anything worthwhile for a #1.

I'm not sold it was all about height. Colangelo's whole thing was about high octane "small ball" that didn't necessarily roll lineups of smaller guy under center but played "small". He really wanted Mago because of his skillset and Colangelo also had a fascination with Euro players; probably due to his desire for frequent ball moment. Garbajosa and and Parker were key examples of this, both being smart, selfless players who were good passers and had good shot selection. Both were very successful overseas.

Comment

Working...
                                X