Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masai : "I've made a huge mistake" (sort of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masai : "I've made a huge mistake" (sort of)

Twitter has let us know Masai has said something to the effect of he "messed ...with the composition of the team".
    Which one or many mistakes do you think he means? Bringing back JJ to play for Casey? Having a glut of shoot first guards? Not developing JV? Something else?

https://youtu.be/qVWIh6n22Qo

It context of the full quote, he's saying he compiled way too many iso shoot first guys that are also terrible on defense. He probably mostly regrets adding lou williams, not simply putting it on lou but adding him without shedding at least one of greivis, demar or terrence. It was really the straw that broke the camels back. A defense first backup pg would have negated all of that imo.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I was going to say Lou Williams as well. He messed with Vasquez' role, and Greazy was a huge part of what we were able to do the year before.

Comment

Definitely think he meant he brought in too many offensive players and not enough defensive players.

And Lou fits right in with that

Comment

The best part about MU is that now he can make any move he wants, big or small, and claim it was done to address his previous 'mistake(s)'. Tweak, retool or rebuild, it will be the 'right' way to go and 'should' have been all along... he's pure evil genius!

Comment

Also gets MU off the hook from what is sure to be an over-pay for Lou as a free agent this off-season. The combination of Lou and Casey was just plain bad for the team as a whole, with just enough regular season success to empower Casey to encourage a terrible style of play. Hope PJax overpays Lou and he helps the Knicks tank again.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              Also gets MU off the hook from what is sure to be an over-pay for Lou as a free agent this off-season. The combination of Lou and Casey was just plain bad for the team as a whole, with just enough regular season success to empower Casey to encourage a terrible style of play. Hope PJax overpays Lou and he helps the Knicks tank again.
              Lou williams is a welcome addition to any nba bench. One of the better 6th man in all the league, he will add wins to your team.

Greivis vasquez is a welcome addition to any nba bench. One of the better 6th man in all the league, he will add wins to your team.

Trotting greasy and sweet lou out TOGETHER, nightly, for 20 mins or more, side by fucking side, is classic wtfcasey and spells disaster on both sides of the ball.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think he really meant bringing back Casey was his mistake but he didn't want to be so explicit about it. He's saving the fireworks for next month.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

The only mistake he made as a Raptor so far is he brought Casey back. And that decision was made a month or so ago.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    The only mistake he made as a Raptor so far is he brought Casey back. And that decision was made a month or so ago.
                    If they can't hire ACs, I half-expect Casey to resign too.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                      If they can't hire ACs, I half-expect Casey to resign too.
                      Lol, im holding out hope that hes hoping & waiting for Blatt to get fired

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Lou williams is a welcome addition to any nba bench. One of the better 6th man in all the league, he will add wins to your team.

Greivis vasquez is a welcome addition to any nba bench. One of the better 6th man in all the league, he will add wins to your team.

Trotting greasy and sweet lou out TOGETHER, nightly, for 20 mins or more, side by fucking side, is classic wtfcasey and spells disaster on both sides of the ball.
                        Pretty much this.

I would rather Lou out of the two but he's a UFA and Greivis is signed. Lou next to a guy like Cory Joseph would give us one of the best guard rotations in the league.

Comment

Mehhhh...they both suck,I'm not fan of either. If we can get something for Vasquez..ie decent roster player and clearing cap from lou,I'm all for it
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

CTV News Toronto keeps saying that Masai said they made a mistake drafting Bruno last year... then they show a clip with Masai saying he messed up with the composition of the team and how he didn't have the right group. He did not say Bruno specifically as I'm sure he knows the kid needed a lot of time to develop.

I watched it on the 6 and 1130 news with Lance Brown and now Joe Tilly and its just pissed me off both times. They're lying to the masses! Lol You can just tell a lot of the local guys still just don't give a real shit about the team...

but anyways... what's poppin' twitter?

Comment

Greivis and Lou together reminds me of the Batman & Robin movie
                              OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                              X