Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else "smell a rat" in the locker room.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA$H MONEY
    replied
    Bear wrote: View Post
    It is DD

He thought he was the man after that empty allstar nod last season, and came out sucking. Lowry outplayed him. Fans and media saying it lowrys team, that lowry is the star, team wins and looses with Lowry.

Demar gets hurt.

Lowry gets voted starter in the allstar game

Demar comes back with a need to prove his own entitlement to everyone.

Everyone noticed Demar was looking out for himself

"My teamates know that once I get myself going then I am gonna start looking for them" - Demar Derozan in a post game on court Interview.
    Ofcourse it's Demar nobody on the team gets along with him I get that Intel from an anoumous source

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i get a real sense that DD and Lowry have an entitlement issue. seems like the locker room in general is a bunch of good guys and no one wants to step one anyone's feet but i do think there's a bit of bitterness there. guys like Val, Ross and JJ looked completely checked out as the season went on while Lowry and DD seemed more and more like their shit didn't stink.

and my goodness did it stink
    I totally agree re entitlement attitude. It seems KL will stay so it may be DD that gets shopped by MU.

Leave a comment:

• Mapko
    replied
    nate wrote: View Post
    gv and lou will are gone. Subtract Ross somehow. JJ and Derozan shoot 3s all summer. JV slim down/get quicker. Find the right pieces for the 3 and 4. Things will be fine.
    And I get a threesome with Olivia Wild & Eva Mendez.
    In both cases: Wishful thinking

Leave a comment:

• Mapko
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Well, this is old news, more suited to the regular season, but I'm guessing something like this went down...

A few of the players went to Casey, led by GV, 2Pat and JJ and told him that the ISO offense sucked and they should be moving the ball more. Casey responded with: "Appreciate your input guys, but this is Kyle and Demar's team. GTF out of my office and just rebound their misses. Oh, and JJ, you're benched for 2 months."
    The sad thing about your comment is that you are probably (IMO) a lot closer to the truth than you meant.
    May add a coach or two that accompanied above players.

Leave a comment:

• nate
    replied
    gv and lou will are gone. Subtract Ross somehow. JJ and Derozan shoot 3s all summer. JV slim down/get quicker. Find the right pieces for the 3 and 4. Things will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I think the Lou Will/GV dynamic was a culprit, both on the court and off. Moving on from both of them shifts the foundation back towards defense and pecking order.
    In Casey's defense when he saw the defensive problems GV+Lou was causing he immediately sent Lowry and Ross to join them and then 2Pats to grab all the defense rebounds those four would cause with the lockdown perimeter D

Leave a comment:

• RaptorHusky
    replied
    I think the Lou Will/GV dynamic was a culprit, both on the court and off. Moving on from both of them shifts the foundation back towards defense and pecking order.
    This! And,when Casey shot in his foot by using them together on the floor, results went south. Next, all story slaw was referring to becomes valid.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    One day I'll maybe make a longer post about this (cause there were some awesome stories) but I had a chance a few months ago to spend some time around a bunch of ex-NHLers just having beers, dinner, etc. This "chemistry" topic came up once and the two guys we were at a table with had completely different views of what it even meant despite the fact that they would both be considered great "character" and glue guys. The one thing they agreed on was that winning and success bred great dressing rooms and not the other way around. One guy made the point that as soon as a team starts losing, it's like any other business, all the workers start looking out for themselves and protecting their own interests and things get worse rather than better.

That's all that happened in Toronto. Things went bad and the team had no real history of success or leaders to get everyone back into line, so it spiraled. It's not even about guys not liking each other or whatever, it's just about how guys approach the game and the team that changes and it can ruin things.
    Nice story and good topic. However, I disagree with those NHL player's assessment that "winning builds chemistry". Chemistry is not about feeling good about yourself and each other, which is so easy and expected when you're winning. Chemistry is what is built and tested when you're losing. IMO, team chemistry is the process of sticking together as a group when under adversity, holding yourself and others accountable, and working together to find an answer to those problems. On teams with poor chemistry, you get cliques or individuals who take no blame for the problems and finger-point other individuals or cliques. On teams with good chemistry, people step up and take their lumps, but everybody quickly gets over that and works on the solutions so the problems don't linger and fester into systemic culture issues.

This is where coaching and team leadership becomes important. I don't know them personally, but 2 stubborn and proud guys like Casey and Lowry would strike me as people who would cover their own butts and find it difficult to admit they are wrong and/or change their ways when #WeTheNorth started heading south.

It's okay to snipe at each other and disagree, but real chemistry is getting those disagreements on the table and working together towards a common solution. That can and should also happen when you're winning.
    Last edited by golden; Fri Jun 26, 2015, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    ^"winning solves all problems" addage

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Lol, I was kidding.

Jokes aside, there may not have been any "rat" responsible for the 2nd half collapse. Chemistry is a fragile thing, especially when you rely on it more than talent.
    One day I'll maybe make a longer post about this (cause there were some awesome stories) but I had a chance a few months ago to spend some time around a bunch of ex-NHLers just having beers, dinner, etc. This "chemistry" topic came up once and the two guys we were at a table with had completely different views of what it even meant despite the fact that they would both be considered great "character" and glue guys. The one thing they agreed on was that winning and success bred great dressing rooms and not the other way around. One guy made the point that as soon as a team starts losing, it's like any other business, all the workers start looking out for themselves and protecting their own interests and things get worse rather than better.

That's all that happened in Toronto. Things went bad and the team had no real history of success or leaders to get everyone back into line, so it spiraled. It's not even about guys not liking each other or whatever, it's just about how guys approach the game and the team that changes and it can ruin things.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    Link for the paleo statement?
    Lol, I was kidding.

Jokes aside, there may not have been any "rat" responsible for the 2nd half collapse. Chemistry is a fragile thing, especially when you rely on it more than talent.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I blame Alex McKechnie, getting players to train with rubber bands and paleo diets. Sheeeeeeeit
    Link for the paleo statement?

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    I don't think it can be blamed on one bad egg. I mean, it's not like there were fist fights or guns in the locker room. Their success was largely due to playing as a team together, it only takes a little slippage in the effort and concentration of a few players before you start losing that advantage and then you end up finding out the hard way that you don't have as much talent as you thought you did. It doesn't do any good to try to paint someone as the villain just because you think there has to be one.

Leave a comment:

• koncept
    replied
    I believe the theory that JJ upset the locker room chemistry. Everyone appeared to be fine with their roles last year, sure we added lou will but he seems to be liked by most the guys and I dont think it bodes well that JJ has bounced around the league alot.

either way, masai has done a really good job at keeping it all in house and I do believes some trades are in the works.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X