Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA to seed playoff teams regardless of division winners starting next season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NBA to seed playoff teams regardless of division winners starting next season

    Link: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...ivision-winner

  • #2
    So those of you who like division banners can stop with that argument now.

    Comment


    • #3
      You're always the quickest, man! haha roc"tmz"well
      The Double Champ is here!
      Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
      Raptors: Larry O'Brien

      Comment


      • #4
        ayyy. the nba made a rule to stop us from dominating !
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

        Comment


        • #5
          Good. Does that mean we take down the banners?
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

          Comment


          • #6
            Great job by Adam Silver
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • #7
              Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Good. Does that mean we take down the banners?
              No. They're lifers!
              The Double Champ is here!
              Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
              Raptors: Larry O'Brien

              Comment


              • #8
                Good, it will be a slap to the face to all the people in the Raptors organization who thought winning the Atlantic is some sort of a great achievement worthy of a celebration.

                Now it's officially meaningless.

                Comment


                • #9
                  so now you can win your division and not make the playoffs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well, there goes the Atlantic Advantage.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This actually wouldn't have affected our seeding at all the past two years since we had a better record than the 5 seed both times.

                      Would've bumped Portland down to 5th though this year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        For the sake of fair and balanced competition, it was the right move to make. Kudos to Silver.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          For the sake of fair and balanced competition, it was the right move to make. Kudos to Silver.
                          Has this ever really been an issue though? I don't really feel like going back and tracking the playoff seedings for the last 10 years but I only recall this happening a couple of times out West. Seems like an answer to a question no one was asking.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            slaw wrote: View Post
                            Has this ever really been an issue though? I don't really feel like going back and tracking the playoff seedings for the last 10 years but I only recall this happening a couple of times out West. Seems like an answer to a question no one was asking.
                            I'm too lazy to check myself. But at least it prevents any funny business in case there is ever a division weaker than the current Atlantic.

                            The next step is to create an East-West balanced schedule, and seed teams 1 through 16.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              Has this ever really been an issue though? I don't really feel like going back and tracking the playoff seedings for the last 10 years but I only recall this happening a couple of times out West. Seems like an answer to a question no one was asking.
                              Well a lot of people were asking the question this season. True, it will only have an effect in a very small % of circumstances but I don't really see a negative impact to it...so why not?
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X