Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Poeltl is a worse shooter and isn't as quick. That's how.
    http://vorped.com/4-ncaam/2015-2016/...vis/shotchart/

http://vorped.com/4-ncaam/2015-2016/...ltl/shotchart/

I'm not seeing the evidence as far as shooting is concerned. Plus Poeltl has him by 10% or so at the FT line. I also haven't seen Jakob's quickness or motor questioned.

Comment

• If stories about the Celtics not being able to get Jabari Parker for the #3 pick are true... the trade value of picks in this draft is very, very low.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        If stories about the Celtics not being able to get Jabari Parker for the #3 pick are true... the trade value of picks in this draft is very, very low.
        Man I would love to get Jabari.

Comment

If stories about the Celtics not being able to get Jabari Parker for the #3 pick are true... the trade value of picks in this draft is very, very low.
          It is true because pick 3 to 8 are all available according to Chad Ford. Too much supply of picks too little demand for too little talent.

Comment

Oh I dont know about that. Parker went #2 in a pretty good draft class after Wiggins. I remember everyone raving quite a bit more about that class than this one. With Simmons & Ingram probably already gone I think Parker is worth more than just the #3 here. Ainge as usual is playing hardball and as usual will suck lemons during the draft.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              Merriam Webster:

a : general agreement : unanimity
              b : the judgment arrived at by most of those concerned

It can mean both, which is my point.
              And once again, "most" is a variable term. It's most common use is not to reference 50% plus one, but "close to all."

MacMillan Dictionary:
              agreement among all the people involved
              The root of the word is "agreement." There being any (or at least any significant) disagreement is counter-indicative of a consensus.

But let's set it aside.

If all the poster meant was that at least half of the mocks had Poeltl in the top 10, I agree that not calling him a top 10 prospect would be going against more than half of those mocks. And that seems like a... pretty tame statement to make about a player being a reach. Try to recall the context in which the word was used - it was clearly MEANT to be used in its primary function, not the secondary meaning you quote above, as using it in that sense significantly diminishes and even invalidates the point that was being made.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                And once again, "most" is a variable term. It's most common use is not to reference 50% plus one, but "close to all."

MacMillan Dictionary:

The root of the word is "agreement." There being any (or at least any significant) disagreement is counter-indicative of a consensus.

But let's set it aside.

If all the poster meant was that at least half of the mocks had Poeltl in the top 10, I agree that not calling him a top 10 prospect would be going against more than half of those mocks. And that seems like a... pretty tame statement to make about a player being a reach. Try to recall the context in which the word was used - it was clearly MEANT to be used in its primary function, not the secondary meaning you quote above, as using it in that sense significantly diminishes and even invalidates the point that was being made.
                Wow, this is still an issue? Who said RR can't have quaint discussions?

May I add some supposed acceptable synonyms...which suggests that there are somewhat broad parameters applicable to how "consensus" may be interpreted:

synonyms: agreement, harmony, concurrence, accord, unity, unanimity, solidarity;

Example usage:

"there was consensus among delegates" .....majority opinion, general opinion, common view

Here's hoping there is a consensus in the war room on Davis and Stone.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

MacMillan Dictionary:

But let's set it aside.

Actually, I was that poster and I meant it in the secondary sense as you've framed it - “agreement of the majority in sentiment or belief” as defined by Webster's dictionary, or by the Oxford dictionary as “general agreement.”

Oh, arguments over semantics - tough to beat

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    http://vorped.com/4-ncaam/2015-2016/...vis/shotchart/

http://vorped.com/4-ncaam/2015-2016/...ltl/shotchart/

I'm not seeing the evidence as far as shooting is concerned. Plus Poeltl has him by 10% or so at the FT line. I also haven't seen Jakob's quickness or motor questioned.
                    Am I missing something? Or are there FGs missing in those charts.. Anyway, Poeltl's toughness has been questioned. His quickness hasn't been because he's a C. He isn't being held to the standard of a PF.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      My interpretation of what he said was from the agents' perspective. "You" as in Masai and "my" as in the agent.
                      Yes, exactly the same thing I am saying. And the client I think they are talking about is luwawu.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can see the same things in Poeltl, except he has the length to match.
                        Personally, I am taking sabonis over poetl. I would have leaned that way before but after the hour long workout video, I am fairly certain he has the range we are looking for and can play the 4/5.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I waited a year for this draft and now it's less than 48 hours away but this whole thread is consumed with this petty discourse on semantics. Start a new thread please. I believe others have intimated a similar request. Thnx.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Am I missing something? Or are there FGs missing in those charts.. Anyway, Poeltl's toughness has been questioned. His quickness hasn't been because he's a C. He isn't being held to the standard of a PF.
                            Sure, but he's very quick/has great feet for a centre, which could make him playable as a power forward. I never said he was quicker than your average power forward or Davis in particular. The consensus, of course, is that he's a better offensive player than Davis

And I have no idea what's up with those shot charts, they did look a little scant. Davis apparently only took 16 shots outside the paint this year, not sure if Poeltl would have taken many more or less.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I waited a year for this draft and now it's less than 48 hours away but this whole thread is consumed with this petty discourse on semantics. Start a new thread please. I believe others have intimated a similar request. Thnx.
                              Take it easy. We're all grown ups here. Kind of.

Comment

You can see the same things in Poeltl, except he has the length to match.
                                Poeltl is like 2 inches taller and has a wingspan about 3.5 inches greater with a thin frame. He isnt imposing his will on NBA centers like he was NCAA centers. He is fluid, but not athletic enough to switch on screens, and he isn't strong like JV, which is a concern to me. His physical tools are fine for an NBA center, although he will need to be stronger. He is in a system that is tailored to him, of course he is going to look good against inferior college competition. He is a fine prospect, but pllllease can we stop bringing him up so often?

Comment

Working...
                                X