X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot to post this

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I didn't like Sabonis pre-draft, but damn it. He's looking pretty good for the OKC. Very mature.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        I didn't like Sabonis pre-draft, but damn it. He's looking pretty good for the OKC. Very mature.
        European guy looking good against European teams isn't really shocking.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          European guy looking good against European teams isn't really shocking.
          Fair enough, but it's not about that. It's not about stats or few buckets. He kinda reminds me of our Norm. Really mature (well at least basketball wise) for his age.

Comment

• Poeltl is already a better player than Bebe. He needs to get stronger though.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Poeltl is already a better player than Bebe. He needs to get stronger though.
              And he's getting that well-known rookie treatment from Mr. Casey...

Comment

• I'd like to know if people think poetl is better than sabonis or ellenson. And honestly we could have had skal or Davis at siakams spot. Anyone tracking those 4 players? I mean the sting of 2014 with Rodney hood and Capella still being on the board can still be felt today.

Comment

• Popeyejones wrote: View Post
                  I'd like to know if people think poetl is better than sabonis or ellenson. And honestly we could have had skal or Davis at siakams spot. Anyone tracking those 4 players? I mean the sting of 2014 with Rodney hood and Capella still being on the board can still be felt today.
                  I don't think Poeltl is better than either, but he's closer to Ellenson. I was really hoping for Sabonis at 9 due to his passing and mobility, and Masai taking Siakam isn't remotely surprising-- the Basketball Without Borders connection and the physical similarities to Biyombo were probably too much to pass up. Selecting Bruno over Capella and DeAndre Daniels when Nikola Jokic was still on the board. Masai whiffed on the 2014 draft.
                  Last edited by Sinbad; Fri Oct 7, 2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Popeyejones wrote: View Post
                    I'd like to know if people think poetl is better than sabonis or ellenson. And honestly we could have had skal or Davis at siakams spot. Anyone tracking those 4 players? I mean the sting of 2014 with Rodney hood and Capella still being on the board can still be felt today.
                    Poeltl is head and shoulders above Ellenson. Sabonis is close - I liked Sabonis with our pick, but long term they look to be a similar quality of prospect.

Skal and Davis are both guys I liked as a home run swing, but when the entire league passes on guys projected in the lotto, I'm OK with not grabbing them, there must have been HUGE red flags. If they turn out, good for their team, but with a late 1st or 2nd round pick, you just hope for success with the guys you got - it's such a crapshoot that watching other guys that went late is a fool's game, anyone can get lucky down there.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Poeltl is head and shoulders above Ellenson. Sabonis is close - I liked Sabonis with our pick, but long term they look to be a similar quality of prospect.

Skal and Davis are both guys I liked as a home run swing, but when the entire league passes on guys projected in the lotto, I'm OK with not grabbing them, there must have been HUGE red flags. If they turn out, good for their team, but with a late 1st or 2nd round pick, you just hope for success with the guys you got - it's such a crapshoot that watching other guys that went late is a fool's game, anyone can get lucky down there.
                      The league passes on players who end up being picked below their pre-draft projection all the time for a myriad of reasons (undersized, character issues, lack upside, etc...). A lot of those reasons are valid, but also end up being opportunities to pick up bargains (e.g. Drummond, Draymond,...). Snagging just one of those type of guys could really make a difference to your franchise down the road.

I wonder if the Bruno experience made Masai gun-shy to take another home run swing, since this draft would have been the perfect one to do it.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        The league passes on players who end up being picked below their pre-draft projection all the time for a myriad of reasons (undersized, character issues, lack upside, etc...). A lot of those reasons are valid, but also end up being opportunities to pick up bargains (e.g. Drummond, Draymond,...). Snagging just one of those type of guys could really make a difference to your franchise down the road.

I wonder if the Bruno experience made Masai gun-shy to take another home run swing, since this draft would have been the perfect one to do it.
                        Yes, the entire league passes on guys all the time, guys who are projected to be passed on by the entire league (like Green). When guys are projected in the lottery and slip to the second round or close to it... That's very different. There is below draft projection and then there is the epic slide Skal and Davis took.

The entire league didn't pass on Drummond, he slipped a few spots. THAT happens all the time, and I agree that guys picked in that scenario are often good gets, plus the only egregious pass on Drummond was Colangelo himself. Not much of an argument there.

And yes, grabbing guys late CAN be a way to pick up bargains. Of course, in all likelihood, you are picking a guy who will never sign a second contract. Such is the second round (and late first round, often), even with guys who slip.

I expect rather than the Bruno experience making Masai gun shy, he just likes to balance his picks - some long term long shots, some safer role player types. Powell was a swing for the fences that paid off big time (though admittedly a safe-ish one as he slipped on draft night). Wright looks like a safe pick. Bruno swing for the fences. Poeltl a safe pick. Siakam another reach.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Remember "We should dump Ross and Wright and pick up Jamal Murray, he can play 20 min a night for a contender this year"?

Have you guys watched him in preseason?

You wouldn't want to need Jamal Murray 20 min a night this year.

Comment

• Murray is the real deal.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Murray is the real deal.

Murray also looked completely lost at points last night, and struggled to take Tarik Black off the dribble 1 on 1.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                Murray also looked completely lost at points last night, and struggled to take Tarik Black off the dribble 1 on 1.
                                He's a rookie man. Just wait. Future is bright for him

Comment

Working...
                                X