Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Zero regrets about passing on Sabonis...he still has cinder blocks for feet on defence and is easy to shoot over both on the wing and post because of his Ross like wingspan.
    fair. he does have the kaminsky t-rex arms. tbh the guy i wanted and voted for was murray. i wanted to do a deal with pelicans to move up. i kinda liked davis but didnt see him get enough mins to be sure. i didnt really like poeltl bc i dont like soft players. i want every guy on me team to be norm powell in various body types and skill sets. i'll take all that ya got!

Comment

• Cool seeing Jakob get some minutes at the 4 and not look out of place. On a lotto team this guy would be putting up stats.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        I don't know man I would have taken Sabonis in the draft as well as right now. His combination of three point shooting (granted this was mostly rumors around draft time), motor and passing have always made him really intriguing. Not enough time to judge admittedly, hopefully Poeltl continues his good play and look better by the end of the year.
        I was on the Sabonis wagon. It's too early to tell what happens with any of this though. Lots of rookies struggle out of the gate and then go on to have great careers.

Comment

• If Poeltl can play the 4, that's a huge win for the Raps.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            If Poeltl can play the 4, that's a huge win for the Raps.
            I thought he was a 4/5 after some research after the draft and it still looks that way. I'd have zero issues trying him at PF a lot more over the next stretch until Pat comes back, and long term he could be a viable backup PF and C to round out a solid 3-man big rotation.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I was on the Sabonis wagon. It's too early to tell what happens with any of this though. Lots of rookies struggle out of the gate and then go on to have great careers.
              The thing we do probably know by now is that he doesn't have the length nor the great foot speed/athleticism for player in his position, which means his defense will always be sub par and he really will have to make it up with his offense and hustle. This is why Poeltl was picked higher, the size, length and footspeed are superior, plus there is higher I.Q.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                The thing we do probably know by now is that he doesn't have the length nor the great foot speed/athleticism for player in his position, which means his defense will always be sub par and he really will have to make it up with his offense and hustle. This is why Poeltl was picked higher, the size, length and footspeed are superior, plus there is higher I.Q.
                No, we don't know that and a good example to disprove this is Jorge Garbajosa. Everyone's said the same things about him and he was less athletic. Meanwhile he played some really rock solid defense across two different positions despite not fitting the celebrated measurements of other rookies. Nothing trumps IQ, effort and determination.

Comment

Has he made a shot outside of 3 feet yet this year? Or attempted one?
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      3-10 ft - 2 for 5
                      10-16 ft - 1 for 2
                      16 ft+ - 0 for 1

per bbref
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        3-10 ft - 2 for 5
                        10-16 ft - 1 for 2
                        16 ft+ - 0 for 1

per bbref
                        Damn I have zero recollection of him hoisting a shot, let alone outside of 10 ft lol

Comment

Damn I have zero recollection of him hoisting a shot, let alone outside of 10 ft lol
                          See my advice to Rockwell in the Lakers game thread.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Even if he can't, Siakam ain't doing much damage out there either and he's starting at PF for us. Though all signs from college/international play is that Poeltl is quite capable of hitting jumpers.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yeah, I've seen poeltl hitting corner 3 in practice.
                              I was all in on Jamal Murray but consolation prize to sabonis bc of toughness and ready to contribute. Hadn't seen enough of deyonta. Woulda traded back, if not possible to trade up.
                              Anyway, I didn't expect jv to fall off a cliff so I'm happy we got yak now.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, I've seen poeltl hitting corner 3 in practice.
                                I was all in on Jamal Murray but consolation prize to sabonis bc of toughness and ready to contribute. Hadn't seen enough of deyonta. Woulda traded back, if not possible to trade up.
                                Anyway, I didn't expect jv to fall off a cliff so I'm happy we got yak now.
                                I think its a little too soon to declare jv has "fallen off a cliff". It's still just a rough stretch.

Comment

Working...
                                X