Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Poeltl looks like he'll have a long career but I don't know if he's ever really going to be a starter quality player.
    I keep thinking a Robin Lopez type guy. Maybe a solid starter but not a huge needle mover.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I keep thinking a Robin Lopez type guy. Maybe a solid starter but not a huge needle mover.
      I was trying to think of a type comp guy, RoLo might be that. A guy who's really a Plan B starter; he's fine to start but you better have a better long term plan.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• If Poeltl is a RoLo, that's a 11 (Points), 8 (Rebounds) & 2 (Blocks) guy. I'll take that.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          If Poeltl is a RoLo, that's a 11 (Points), 8 (Rebounds) & 2 (Blocks) guy. I'll take that.
          Eventually maybe.

For a top 10 pick, I would have hoped for more than that but it wasn't the right draft to hold that pick. Still, better than Bargnani...

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If Poeltl is a RoLo, that's a 11 (Points), 8 (Rebounds) & 2 (Blocks) guy. I'll take that.
            Career averages 8.7, 5.5, and 1.3.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Career averages 8.7, 5.5, and 1.3.

That was Robin Lopez's peak year that I was talking about (2012-13 with that horrible Hornets team), but he's put similar numbers in 2013-14 & surprisingly, both 15-16 & this year (He's not rebounding as well, but is still getting points & blocks at a consistent rate). He was also the 15th overall pick of his draft, and last year's draft was all over the place. If we didn't pick Poeltl, who knows where he would've ended up?

You can contribute his low numbers mostly due to his years in Phoenix.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

That was Robin Lopez's peak year that I was talking about (2012-13 with that horrible Hornets team), but he's put similar numbers in 2013-14 & surprisingly, both 15-16 & this year (He's not rebounding as well, but is still getting points & blocks at a consistent rate). He was also the 15th overall pick of his draft, and last year's draft was all over the place. If we didn't pick Poeltl, who knows where he would've ended up?

You can contribute his low numbers mostly due to his years in Phoenix.
                That and he isn't that good.

Comment

• Yaks projection was Chris Kaman. 11.2pts/7.6rebs/1.3blks over a 12 yr career. Drafted 6th overall. Seems about right atm.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    Yaks projection was Chris Kaman. 11.2pts/7.6rebs/1.3blks over a 12 yr career. Drafted 6th overall. Seems about right atm.
                    Those stats are a bit misleading since at his peak Chris Kaman was an 18 and 9 guy. I don't think Poeltl will ever get there, but he'll be a good rotation C for a long time.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                      Those stats are a bit misleading since at his peak Chris Kaman was an 18 and 9 guy. I don't think Poeltl will ever get there, but he'll be a good rotation C for a long time.
                      Yeah, you have to take the comps with a huge grain of salt, it's just potential ballpark reference.
                      However, I think if you comp yak to Kaman as sophomores that yaks numbers look good, especially considering how good pac12 is now and the mac has never been good.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, you have to take the comps with a huge grain of salt, it's just potential ballpark reference.
                        However, I think if you comp yak to Kaman as sophomores that yaks numbers look good, especially considering how good pac12 is now and the mac has never been good.
                        Best ever pre-draft comparison was Henry Ellenson to Brian Scalabrine. Imagine going into the NBA draft with people saying your ceiling is White Mamba. His agent must have been livid. Anyways, I'm just glad the Raps passed on him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          Best ever pre-draft comparison was Henry Ellenson to Brian Scalabrine. Imagine going into the NBA draft with people saying your ceiling is White Mamba. His agent must have been livid. Anyways, I'm just glad the Raps passed on him.
                          I'm happy with Jak obviously, but a 6'11 Scalabrine could be not that bad

Comment

• Poeltl looking better and better. Does he even have his own Everything thread?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Poeltl looking better and better. Does he even have his own Everything thread?
                              Nope

Comment

• Thx for the 905 updates this yr Skywalker

Comment

Working...
                                X