Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    VORP is Value Over Replacement Player. There is a baseball stat by the same name.

Basically, it converts box score plus minus to account for minutes played and evaluate over contributions to the team.(it was also the easiest handy stat I had to rank guys from that draft based on over contributions for their careers. I was being lazy)

By win shares, Poeltl and Siakam rank 3rd and 5th from that draft, respectively. By WS/48, 1st and 4th, if you only account for guys who've played 1000 career minutes. Yeah, Poeltl's career WS/48 is higher than Simmons'.
    A great way of ranking guys without punishing them for being drafted to good teams where they weren't force fed minutes or usage

(And I'm not even a big advance stats guy)
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

GLF is right though. This dude needs to stop going for layups and shit
      I love how the mob comments on all of each other's posts.

OG does it too he can be an honorary mob member

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        VORP is Value Over Replacement Player. There is a baseball stat by the same name.

Basically, it converts box score plus minus to account for minutes played and evaluate over contributions to the team.(it was also the easiest handy stat I had to rank guys from that draft based on over contributions for their careers. I was being lazy)

By win shares, Poeltl and Siakam rank 3rd and 5th from that draft, respectively. By WS/48, 1st and 4th, if you only account for guys who've played 1000 career minutes. Yeah, Poeltl's career WS/48 is higher than Simmons'.
        Do Poeltl and Siakam have good VORP rankings because they play on a good team? I would suspect guys like Brown and Tatum would be high on that list too. But guys like Ingram, Bender, Dunn, Hield, and Prince to be much lower.. simply because they play for bad teams.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Do Poeltl and Siakam have good VORP rankings because they play on a good team? I would suspect guys like Brown and Tatum would be high on that list too. But guys like Ingram, Bender, Dunn, Hield, and Prince to be much lower.. simply because they play for bad teams.
          Denzel Valentine is 9th in VORP, higher than Jaylen Brown. Brown has the same VORP as Marquese Chriss.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I told y'all! Man has serious hops. Very underrated athletically because its a sneaky athleticism but he can jump for a 7 footer.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Sometimes powering up for the dunk it’s the right move, sometimes it’s the sneaky-fast layup.

I mean, what’s his shooting percentage around the rim? Pretty stellar I’d guess.

Comment

• Just for fun - on NBA.com Stats page, ran the stats on shooting percentage from less than 5 feet, with a minimum of 3 attempts per game (chosen somewhat arbitrarily)

https://stats.nba.com/players/shooti...gular%20Season

Lebron was first at 74.5%. Pascal is 11th at 70.7%, and Jakob is 12th at 69.7%. Both of whom have higher shooting percentage than players such as DeAndre Jordan and Capela, who seem to get a large percentage of baskets being the 'oop' man - which Jakob and Pascal rarely are.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                  Just for fun - on NBA.com Stats page, ran the stats on shooting percentage from less than 5 feet, with a minimum of 3 attempts per game (chosen somewhat arbitrarily)

https://stats.nba.com/players/shooti...gular%20Season

Lebron was first at 74.5%. Pascal is 11th at 70.7%, and Jakob is 12th at 69.7%. Both of whom have higher shooting percentage than players such as DeAndre Jordan and Capela, who seem to get a large percentage of baskets being the 'oop' man - which Jakob and Pascal rarely are.
                  That's a great stat. Both guys are still early in their careers, though Yak has been playing since he was a kid. Navigating through the level of competition they face every game now is forcing both of them to grow and improve.

Found a great article on Yak while looking for info on his early career. https://nbpa.com/inside-jakob-poeltl...nd-camp-plans/

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Sometimes powering up for the dunk it’s the right move, sometimes it’s the sneaky-fast layup.

I mean, what’s his shooting percentage around the rim? Pretty stellar I’d guess.
                    Trotting around awkwardly like a junior high kid in a growth spurt is all part of his nefarious plan, that's what sets him up to swat so many FGA near the rim. He's trying to stay under the radar. Stay off the posters, Jakob!
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Trotting around awkwardly like a junior high kid in a growth spurt is all part of his nefarious plan, that's what sets him up to swat so many FGA near the rim. He's trying to stay under the radar. Stay off the posters, Jakob!
                      Lol that's a great description of Jakob
                      If mclovin was huge and athletic

Comment

Working...
                      X