Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    When did they get David West.....and David West is not that good any more.
    And neither is anyone else on the list. Might as well add Bill Russell since a couple other names on that list aren't on the Knicks either

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      The Knicks looks good this year

Grant
      ?
      Carmello
      David West/Bargs
      Porzingis/Stoudamire

All they need now is go after a SG in FA, I see them competing for a playoff spot.
      That's a lottery team lol.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        That's a lottery team lol.
        I dunno man, I've heard good things about ?. He could develop into a great guard. Apparently his game has question marks though
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Without Melo, they're a 35-40 win team
          You mean, they'll be better without him?

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
            You mean, they'll be better without him?
            I stand by my math

Comment

David West wants to sign with the Knicks.. and its pretty much a done deal. Just a weird move for him. But he'll add a few wins to the Knicks next season. Good player.. just needs to stay healthy.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                David West wants to sign with the Knicks.. and its pretty much a done deal. Just a weird move for him. But he'll add a few wins to the Knicks next season. Good player.. just needs to stay healthy.
                West is trying to keep getting them checks before his motor dies out and legs. NYK are going to be buddies with Philly for a while at the bottom of our division and conference. Melo will sit out another season. Bargs is impassionate. Porzingers will get dominated for a full year at either 4/5. Age will catch up to Stoudamire. NYK is stuck in a rut and aint getting out anytime soon.

Raps are getting a 5-10 pick minimum with that 2016 NYK/Denver first round pick. Guarenteed.
                Last edited by BS10; Sat Jun 27, 2015, 08:05 PM.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post
                  West is trying to keep getting them checks before his motor dies out and legs. NYK are going to be buddies with Philly for a while at the bottom of our division and conference. Melo will sit out another season. Bargs is impassionate. Porzingers will get dominated for a full year at either 4/5. Age will catch up to Stoudamire. NYK is stuck in a rut and aint getting out anytime soon.

Raps are getting a 5-10 pick minimum with that 2016 NYK/Denver first round pick. Guarenteed.
                  Think it'll be Top 5 depending on Denver and some of the lower Western teams like Utah, Lakers and maybe TWolves being better.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    The Knicks looks good this year

Grant
                    ?
                    Carmello
                    David West/Bargs
                    Porzingis/Stoudamire

All they need now is go after a SG in FA, I see them competing for a playoff spot.
                    In what?

Comment

BS10 wrote: View Post

I like your optimism but Indiana had no one last year and they won 38 games. They tied Utah and was the 11th worst team. Knicks may not make the playoffs but I don't think they'll be that bad (but we'll see I guess).

Plus Amare was waived by the Knicks and was signed by the Mavs last year.

Comment

I like your optimism but Indiana had no one last year and they won 38 games. They tied Utah and was the 11th worst team. Knicks may not make the playoffs but I don't think they'll be that bad (but we'll see I guess).

Why use the Pacer to prove the knicks dont suck. the actual Knicks had nobody and won 17 games. next season theyll have nobody and suck too

Comment

I think Indiana's success was more tied to guys like S. Hill and their guards stepping up for them last year over West. Or maybe i'm wrong, i didn't watch much of their games.

Knicks have been bad for so long that I expect them to continue the same course. To me its because of poor leadership. I feel Phil Jackson doesn't achieve any success in the first 10 years of being a GM or more. He was good coach but being a GM is a whole other ball game. Even MJ, the best player/athlete of all time, hasn't had much success at GM.

With Amare, I was just going along with what another poster said that he was going back to NYK this year. I forgot he went to the Mavs.
                          #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

The Knicks/Nuggets 2016 1st

This thing is starting to look more and more promising as we get closer to the actual 2016 draft (< 1 year away now).

Denver drafted Mudiay and many reports have Faried and Lawson being shipped out at some point this offseason. If that happens, there really won't be any teams worse than them in the Western Conference, which means that pick will definitely be high lottery.

Now of course Denver gets the better of the 2 picks, so we have to look at what's happening with the Knicks as well.

The Knicks, despite having an excellent draft imo, are not positioned to be much better next season. With the marquee free agents like Gasol, Aldridge, Love, etc likely headed to other, contending destinations, it seems that they won't be able to make any sort of significant improvement via FA either. Next year could be another rebuilding year for the Knicks, which again means a high lottery pick coming to us.

Even if the Knicks marginally improve, other non-playoff teams like Indiana, Miami, Orlando, etc stand to be much better next season either via health or organic growth #BC, they could be mired in the bottom of the conference again next season easily.

It's obviously early but the 2016 draft projects to be a very talented one at the top with several highly rated prospects. Coincidentally, all of the current top 5 prospects (Simmons, Rabb, Diallo, Brown, Labissiere) can play the 3 or 4 positions which also happen to be the positions of greatest weakness for us. Could this be the avenue through which the Raptors acquire a superstar? Obviously a lot can change between now and then, but it's certainly a hopeful situation, that's for sure.

Reminds me a bit of the Pistons in 2003 coming off a 50-32 season where they quietly just happened to have the #2 pick in the stacked 2003 draft (acquired in a 1997 trade with Memphis). Although they completely blew it by selecting Darko, so let's hope that if we're in that situation we don't do the same lol.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post

Even if the Knicks marginally improve, other non-playoff teams like Indiana, Miami, Orlando, etc stand to be much better next season either via health or organic growth #BC, they could be mired in the bottom of the conference again next season easily.
                              One can hope, but we have to see their moves. You don't need a ton around Melo to have a playoff team, and they have 30+ mil to work with. Add someone like Afflalo, add a center (Hibbert?), some scorer off the bench, maybe a cheap-ish 3D guy or two, maybe another cheap point guard. That would be likely be enough to make the playoffs, if Melo is healthy.

Comment

It's still too early for this, the pick might be packaged for something big this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X