No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope we keep the pick unless we're getting a star in return.

If the Nuggets blow it up than they could easily be the worst in the West, with the Lakers desperately moving up and Minnesota's young talent winning them some more games.

The Knicks should continue to be the Knicks, completely dysfunctional and unable to attract FAs who will improve their team.

Best case scenario could wind us up with a Top 5 pick, which would be ridiculously awesome.

Thanks Bargnani!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

the fact is even if we get a late lottery pick it's still a steal but like others said we have to wait and see hopefully the knicks are just as bad as last year or similar and we also have to see what happens with the raptors we may pick up a 3/4 this offseason and if Lowry or Derozan are actually traded and it's not all rumours then we may draft another PG or a SG really like Jamal Murray if we trade Lowry the Canadian thing is just a bonus but that guy can straight out ball and is gonna be a star in the NBA his game suits the NBA game similar to wiggins so right now it's all a waiting game

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Jamal Murray
        +1

Comment

Knicks won't be nearly as bad as some hope.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Knicks won't be nearly as bad as some hope.
            Depends on Melo. Can we trust Melo to never pass to his teammates, not be invested in defence and shoot for 40 a night. I hope melos' goal for this year is scoring champ.

If west is going to new York they have pf set. And improve right away. No bargs means instant improvement. See how Phil fills out the final roster

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              Depends on Melo. Can we trust Melo to never pass to his teammates, not be invested in defence and shoot for 40 a night. I hope melos' goal for this year is scoring champ.

If west is going to new York they have pf set. And improve right away. No bargs means instant improvement. See how Phil fills out the final roster
              Melo has no teammates left, Phil traded away every decent basketball player after melo got hurt, Bargnani, Calderon & Quincy acy were their best players and we know all too well where that takes you, now hardaway is gone too.
              Even if they do get a good free agent, they have a whole roster to rebuild which they won't do in one summer.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post

PG - Langston Galloway (played very well for them down the stretch) is likely set at PG.

That makes Jose probably off the bench (more suited role).

Linked to both David West and Greg Monroe, which could give them a SF, PF, C combo with Melo. Not good defensively but potent enough offensively to win games in the east.

They will sign some good players simply because it is still New York. They might overpay or be too old for the length of their deals, but capable players will land in NY.

I expect the pick to be in the 12-16 range. Denver will keep their own pick.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Knicks won 17 games with Melo, JR Smith, Shumpert, THJ and Amare. Some missed time but they were terrible when healthy. Everyone but Melo is gone and there are no replacements. They'll fill out the roster but they are even less talented next season with raw rookies and guys off scrap heaps. They were Sixers bad with Melo already

Comment

Also they won't tie up cap space because of the free agents available 2016

Comment

One can only hope the stars align. It would be wonderful if the Raps pick from New York next year was top ten. Might be able to package the number 20-24 with the ten and move up a few notches.

Comment

I think it'll be a late lotto pick

Comment

PG - Langston Galloway (played very well for them down the stretch) is likely set at PG.

That makes Jose probably off the bench (more suited role).

Linked to both David West and Greg Monroe, which could give them a SF, PF, C combo with Melo. Not good defensively but potent enough offensively to win games in the east.

They will sign some good players simply because it is still New York. They might overpay or be too old for the length of their deals, but capable players will land in NY.

I expect the pick to be in the 12-16 range. Denver will keep their own pick.
                          Let's assume for argument's sake that the Knicks sign David West, Greg Monroe and Wes Matthews. Even though there's no way they're going to throw away that much money long-term (all those guys will have to be signed to long deals, except maybe West or they will sign elsewhere), when 2016 FA is looming with several superstar talents available.

Are they any better than:

Cleveland
                          Atlanta
                          Chicago
                          Toronto
                          Washington
                          Milwaukee
                          Boston
                          Miami
                          Indiana
                          Orlando

I would say no. That puts them bottom 6 in the eastern conference. Which is around ~35 wins which would make the pick top 10 given the superiority of the Western Conference.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                            Let's assume for argument's sake that the Knicks sign David West, Greg Monroe and Wes Matthews. Even though there's no way they're going to throw away that much money long-term (all those guys will have to be signed to long deals, except maybe West or they will sign elsewhere), when 2016 FA is looming with several superstar talents available.

Are they any better than:

Cleveland
                            Atlanta
                            Chicago
                            Toronto
                            Washington
                            Milwaukee
                            Boston
                            Miami
                            Indiana
                            Orlando

I would say no. That puts them bottom 6 in the eastern conference. Which is around ~35 wins which would make the pick top 10 given the superiority of the Western Conference.
                            The Knicks went 10-30 with Melo playing hurt this season. You really don't think that swapping Bargnani, JR Smith (who was really terrible there) and Shump for Matthews, West and Monroe is good for an extra 10 wins? Crazy talk.

Comment

BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
                              Is Thon Maker eligible?
                              I think so
                              He can declare no matter what
                              And I also think he is being overlooked so he could slide to us

Comment

The Knicks went 10-30 with Melo playing hurt this season. You really don't think that swapping Bargnani, JR Smith (who was really terrible there) and Shump for Matthews, West and Monroe is good for an extra 10 wins? Crazy talk.
                                Umm you do realize that with your "extra 10 wins" statement you're actually agreeing with me right?

The Knicks like you said went 10-30 with Melo. Which is 21-61 over the course of an 82 games season. Sure, I agree those guys get them 10 extra wins, hell maybe even 15. That's 31-36 wins which puts you bottom 6 in the east lol.

Horrible math man.

Comment

Working...
                                X