No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malik Pope has been such a huge disappointment this year.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Jonathan Jeanne my new favourite player in the draft

lol

Comment

• I'm still high on Valentine
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Jonathan Jeanne
          France
          Center/forward

Jeanne is an upside pick who might take a couple of years to come over to the NBA. But when he does, he has the chance to be awesome.

Blessed with elite size for his position, he can not only protect the rim with a crazy 7-foot-6 wingspan, but he has the ability to step out and shoot the jumper as well.
          Sound like a Masai type of pick.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sound like a Masai type of pick.
            If he actually declares (any mock I've seen has him as a 2017 pick), I'd pick him with the Raptors pick, but probably not with the Knicks pick unless it's very late lottery. He's just so far away right now. Not quite two-years-away-from-two-years-away, but pretty damn far away, nonethless.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              I'm still high on Valentine
              Lucky for you, only 21 more days.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                If he actually declares (any mock I've seen has him as a 2017 pick), I'd pick him with the Raptors pick, but probably not with the Knicks pick unless it's very late lottery. He's just so far away right now. Not quite two-years-away-from-two-years-away, but pretty damn far away, nonethless.
                Seems a head of Bruno at the same age skill wise but, the frame will take some time. I except the Knicks to make the playoffs. So, I see the pick around 15 or 16.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Seems a head of Bruno at the same age skill wise but, the frame will take some time. I except the Knicks to make the playoffs. So, I see the pick around 15 or 16.
                  I wouldn't hate Jeanne at 15 or 16. I still expect that Knicks pick to be 8-12 by the end of the season, and Jeanne would definitely be a tier below the guys available there.

Comment

• How is this guy any different from Bebe?

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't hate Jeanne at 15 or 16. I still expect that Knicks pick to be 8-12 by the end of the season, and Jeanne would definitely be a tier below the guys available there.
                      Probably on NBA readiness but, he has as much upside as anyone not named Ben Simmons/Ingram. IMO
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        How is this guy any different from Bebe?
                        He can handle the ball and has range out to the 3 point line.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also Jeanne agent is Bouna Ndiaye(also Nic Batum's agent) who is friends with Masai.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I kinda like PETR CORNELIE http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ornelie-61916/ with our pick. Has the potential top be a good stretch 4.

I think the Raps have to stash at least one player this year. The 905 are full with Bruno, Wright, Powell, Bennett, Bebe. I see two players at most giving valuable minutes in a bench role next year... if that. 15 player roster, 5 guys presently rotating down to the 905, plus two more rookies... the numbers don't add up.

DeMar, Lowry, JV, PP, Ross, Joseph, Biyombo, and Carrol will be back for sure. We still need a starting PF, and my guess is Powell, Bebe, and Wright won't be going down to the 905 next year (maybe one at a time). If Bennett is retained, I don't see him going down either (I kinda hope we keep him). Basically, after signing a PF we only have one roster spot left.

So, either we try to move up by combining the two picks or we stash a player in Europe.

Ivan Rabb is someone I would move up a couple spots to get.
                            Last edited by saints91; Sat Jan 30, 2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Buddy Hield is legit, but, he'll measure small and he's a senior. I actually think that he could play some PG since he can split screens and is a willing passer. I like his game but don't see why the Raps would draft him.

This Jeanne guy looks rawer than sushi. He's being coached well, but his defensive footwork is poor and he reaches way too much on D. He's probably 2/3 years away. As a draft and stash in the second round? Sure. If the Raps keep winning and the pick is around 25-ish maybe?

Can Masai get away with that sort of gamble if Bruno doesn't start resembling an NBA player soon?

I agree with the consensus on Rabb. He's been a pleasant surprise. Mature beyond his years.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                                Buddy Hield is legit, but, he'll measure small and he's a senior. I actually think that he could play some PG since he can split screens and is a willing passer. I like his game but don't see why the Raps would draft him.
                                With the Raps pick, Hield could provide great value as a scorer off the bench.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X