No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only issue with Chriss is that he fouls -- a lot. Drafting him would demand some patience.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      The only issue with Chriss is that he fouls -- a lot. Drafting him would demand some patience.
      He is a project for sure, but if im drafting on potential I take him over nearly everyone else in our range.

To me it comes down to Chriss and Luwawu.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        I'm not sure what u mean? Fwiw, jokic came from mega Leks this year (1 yr draft stash) and zubac may go 1st Rd this draft too. Not saying I'm sold yet but not dismissing it either...
        It means some exceptional players do well but others do not. Therefore it is better to have them play in the 905 cause the coaching will cater to the player's needs to get better. If you would have send Bruno there he wouldn't been able to get much of minutes cause he is far from a finished product unlike Lawawu who is much ahead of him.
        Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Mar 30, 2016, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          It means some exceptional players do well but others do not. Therefore it is better to have them play in the 905 cause the coaching will cater to the player's needs to get better. If you would have send Bruno there he wouldn't been able to get much of minutes cause he is far from a finished product unlike Lawawu who is much ahead of him.
          The coaches still develop the players. I agree they might get less PT and don't learn raps system. For players like kormaz and bender I think it is good to leave them for a year (or more) and then bring them to the 905. They are essentially heading into their freshmen yr of college in Sept. College players like diallo and skal are examples of players without much PT and 1 yr older that would have to go directly to the 905 on rookie contracts. IMO that's not an advantage.

Comment

• http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Breakdown-5408

Marquese Chriss Breakdown
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              The coaches still develop the players. I agree they might get less PT and don't learn raps system. For players like kormaz and bender I think it is good to leave them for a year (or more) and then bring them to the 905. They are essentially heading into their freshmen yr of college in Sept. College players like diallo and skal are examples of players without much PT and 1 yr older that would have to go directly to the 905 on rookie contracts. IMO that's not an advantage.
              It's not an advantage, but it is the only reason why Diallo could be there with our pick (26th). Skal is still projected to go high, so I'd pass on him. Late round value for early round price.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                It's not an advantage, but it is the only reason why Diallo could be there with our pick (26th). Skal is still projected to go high, so I'd pass on him. Late round value for early round price.
                Not really sold on Diallo... Have you guys actually seen him play? His upside is definitely there, but anyone who watches him can see... He's about 1 year away from being 1 year away. Poor shot selection, rushes his offense, gambles terribly on D, he seems like he doesn't really understand his limitations and who he is as a player... Like he's buying into his own hype, which doesn't bode well for a player
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  About the whole Europe or D-league thing, I think we should consider that you are still paying the player a year or two where they aren't helping the team, and after the next two years you likely pay a price if you want to keep them. Whereas if you let the guy develop in Europe for a year or two and he comes in productive on a very favorable contract, which could be more cost effective. Not to mention if you already have a lot of players to develop, adding in a project may not mix well even with a d league team.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    About the whole Europe or D-league thing, I think we should consider that you are still paying the player a year or two where they aren't helping the team, and after the next two years you likely pay a price if you want to keep them. Whereas if you let the guy develop in Europe for a year or two and he comes in productive on a very favorable contract, which could be more cost effective. Not to mention if you already have a lot of players to develop, adding in a project may not mix well even with a d league team.
                    That's part of what I was saying. We're not a rebuilding team so a teenager probably isn't gonna move the needle for us atm with a borderline lottery pick. Stashing someone that can play with our younger guys down the line is worth consideration as an investment. I think Mega Leks is a decent option. A lot will change by June 23rd tho.

Comment

• Chad Ford with his new Mock today, projecting Raps picks at 9 and 26 per BPI.
                      1. Simmons
                      2. Ingram
                      3. Bender
                      4. Murray
                      5. Ellenson
                      6. Hield
                      7. Dunn
                      8. Brown

9. Marquese Chriss : The Raptors' biggest hole is at power forward, and general manager Masai Ujiri has never been shy about swinging for the fences.

Chriss has as much upside as anyone in the draft not named Simmons or Ingram. He's an athletic big who can shoot and protect the rim. He would be a great fit in Toronto, as long as fans can be patient.

Chriss is inconsistent, and there is some bust potential. But he's worth the risk here.

26. Cheick Diallo: Diallo really do much at Kansas this year, but that won't stop a team like the Raptors from grabbing him.

He is tough and athletic, and he might have the best motor in the draft. He's very, very raw. But had he stayed in school another year, he probably would have been a lottery pick. That makes him good value here.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        9. Marquese Chriss : The Raptors' biggest hole is at power forward, and general manager Masai Ujiri has never been shy about swinging for the fences.

Chriss has as much upside as anyone in the draft not named Simmons or Ingram. He's an athletic big who can shoot and protect the rim. He would be a great fit in Toronto, as long as fans can be patient.

Chriss is inconsistent, and there is some bust potential. But he's worth the risk here.
                        To steal and twist a line from Kim Mitchell, the Raptors might as well go for a Scola if they take Chriss. It's clear that Scola isn't that valuable on the floor anymore but his resume and experience carry a lot of weight. He would be a great mentor for a young guy like this. Scola could help teach him how to be a pro's pro on a daily basis.

Cheick Diallo would be a d-league blip on the radar for the first couple years. I'd rather see them go get Valentine if he's still on the board. I don't care if they have no where for him right at the moment(that might change by July), he's gonna be a good pro just like Powell is becoming.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          To steal and twist a line from Kim Mitchell, the Raptors might as well go for a Scola if they take Chriss. It's clear that Scola isn't that valuable on the floor anymore but his resume and experience carry a lot of weight. He would be a great mentor for a young guy like this. Scola could help teach him how to be a pro's pro on a daily basis.

Cheick Diallo would be a d-league blip on the radar for the first couple years. I'd rather see them go get Valentine if he's still on the board. I don't care if they have no where for him right at the moment(that might change by July), he's gonna be a good pro just like Powell is becoming.
                          I would be shocked if Valentine is still available by the Raps pick.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• He's a senior though and he doesn't have that wow factor in terms of athletics. Older guys with the intelligence and ability tend to get downgraded for youth and athletics.

Another guy is Caris LeVert. He would be possibly top ten if not for injuries derailing his college career. That said if he can stay healthy he could be a total stud.

I think these two are better picks than Diallo.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              He's a senior though and he doesn't have that wow factor in terms of athletics. Older guys with the intelligence and ability tend to get downgraded for youth and athletics.

Another guy is Caris LeVert. He would be possibly top ten if not for injuries derailing his college career. That said if he can stay healthy he could be a total stud.

I think these two are better picks than Diallo.
                              Valentine will end up somewhere between 12-20. Teams like Detroit, Indiana, Boston (with the Mavs pick), Chicago, Memphis are all in that range. Lowest mock I've seen now is 23rd (DraftNet), while highest is 10th (CBS but a month old). DraftExpress (my preference) has him 17th to Indiana. He is going to be better in the pros than in college. Incredibly intelligent player who can read defences and make the pass to where the ball should go - will do better thanks to his teammates being able to make similar reads as fast as he can and being in the right place.

I'm not a big LeVert fan, but he certainly is an option for our pick.

DE has Isaia Cordinier going 27th - he's an interesting overseas stash option in the similar mold to Valentine.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• FWIW, Ford has Valentine @16 to Utah.

As far as draft and stash, Ford has Jonathan Jeanne @27. DX doesn't have him in this year's list, but has him @12 in 2017.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X