Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    FWIW, Ford has Valentine @16 to Utah.

As far as draft and stash, Ford has Jonathan Jeanne @27. DX doesn't have him in this year's list, but has him @12 in 2017.
    He sounds a lot like Bebe. Skinny, long C with range.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• SI just released their newest mock.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/04/01/nba...-dragan-bender

They have Ingram over-taking Simmons for top pick.

Raps (picking 10th) taking Marquese Chriss, Washington

Last Mock: N/A
      F | 6'9", 225 | FR.

Chriss caught a lot of people off guard at Washington this year. He was not a McDonald's All American, and he didn't even crack the top 50 of ESPN's recruiting rankings. Then he showed up in Seattle and averaged 13 and 5 in 24 minutes per game, on 53% shooting and 35% from three. His trajectory is basically the polar opposite of Skal Labissiere, the other player the Raptors could consider here. I like Chriss more. His biggest weakness at Washington was foul trouble, which is the single easiest weakness to fix. He's only played basketball for five years, and while he's still very raw—remember, we're in Project Territory—his ceiling is high. Could he have used another year in college? Definitely. But if he ends up with a good team that can afford to develop him, he has the potential to be one of the bigger steals in this draft.

Rabb was still available FWIW.

Valentine at 15 and Skal dropping to 18.

Raps 26th pick, Damian Jones, Vanderbilt

Last Mock: 16
      C | 7'0", 250 | JR.

At this point in the draft, most teams will be opting for Europeans. If the Raptors are looking for a long-term project, though, Jones is a center who entered the year with lottery potential, and fell down the draft boards in part because of how disappointing Vanderbilt's season was. This low in the first round, he will be worth a gamble.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        To steal and twist a line from Kim Mitchell, the Raptors might as well go for a Scola if they take Chriss.

I approve this post
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          Chriss caught a lot of people off guard at Washington this year. He was not a McDonald's All American, and he didn't even crack the top 50 of ESPN's recruiting rankings. Then he showed up in Seattle and averaged 13 and 5 in 24 minutes per game, on 53% shooting and 35% from three. His trajectory is basically the polar opposite of Skal Labissiere, the other player the Raptors could consider here. I like Chriss more. His biggest weakness at Washington was foul trouble, which is the single easiest weakness to fix. He's only played basketball for five years, and while he's still very raw—remember, we're in Project Territory—his ceiling is high. Could he have used another year in college? Definitely. But if he ends up with a good team that can afford to develop him, he has the potential to be one of the bigger steals in this draft.
          Can't take the writer seriously after that one. Foul control is a whole lot harder than he's making it seem. Chriss' foul rate is a huge issue right now which should cause legitimate concerns for any team considering him.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Can't take the writer seriously after that one. Foul control is a whole lot harder than he's making it seem. Chriss' foul rate is a huge issue right now which should cause legitimate concerns for any team considering him.
            Have you seen some of the bullshit fouls they call in college?
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Davis will be better than Chriss

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                Personal foul rates are not very predictive of fouling in the NBA - one of the weakest correlations of all the box score stats.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Davis will be better than Chriss
                  Deyonta Davis you mean? I think he can be, but my Michigan State bias might be in play here.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    "Some bullshit calls" does not equate to 6.5 fouls per 40 minutes.

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Personal foul rates are not very predictive of fouling in the NBA - one of the weakest correlations of all the box score stats.
                    Might not always translate numbers wise, but it is indicative of any number of issues: strength, positioning, defensive IQ, stance etc, which are all difficult areas to improve in. Players with high foul rates in the league keep up that rate for most (or even, all) of their career in the majority of cases.

Comment

SI just released their newest mock.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/04/01/nba...-dragan-bender

They have Ingram over-taking Simmons for top pick.

Raps (picking 10th) taking Marquese Chriss, Washington

Last Mock: N/A
                      F | 6'9", 225 | FR.

Rabb was still available FWIW.

Valentine at 15 and Skal dropping to 18.

Raps 26th pick, Damian Jones, Vanderbilt

Last Mock: 16
                      C | 7'0", 250 | JR.

At this point in the draft, most teams will be opting for Europeans. If the Raptors are looking for a long-term project, though, Jones is a center who entered the year with lottery potential, and fell down the draft boards in part because of how disappointing Vanderbilt's season was. This low in the first round, he will be worth a gamble.
                      I read the whole mock. Can't believe that passes for journalism at SI! The author sounds like a hipster. Most of his comments are jokes (the ellenson one is racist). There's no substance to his analysis and no original ideas. Reads like he's just trolling other sites and taking a piss. I expect that from some lesser outlets but not a major publication dedicated to sports! I've read keener insight from fan posts here. Blake could eat Andrew Sharp's lunch. Either nepotism or journalistic standards are the real joke! Sorry for ranting

Comment

• these Mock drafts are all over the place only Ingram, Murray, and Simmons seem to stay consistent in there placement

Comment

Deyonta Davis you mean? I think he can be, but my Michigan State bias might be in play here.
                          Deyonta yes. He is going to be the better defender and more efficient offensive player. May not be able to handle the usage of Chriss....but will overall impact the game more rather than put up box score numbers

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            these Mock drafts are all over the place only Ingram, Murray, and Simmons seem to stay consistent in there placement
                            Bender seems consistently 4 or 5.

Comment

• What ever happened to George Lucas, or the Brazilian point guard of our future? We used to joke about drafting him last year but I don't see him on any mocks this year. Is he declaring?

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                                What ever happened to George Lucas, or the Brazilian point guard of our future? We used to joke about drafting him last year but I don't see him on any mocks this year. Is he declaring?
                                Last I saw, he was a mid second 2017 on draftexpress. His stock has dropped bigtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X