Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Yes, exactly the same thing I am saying. And the client I think they are talking about is luwawu.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
    The reporter asked about bringing in candidates, not about who he is drafting. I think you want luwawu and trying to take the interview out of context.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      I waited a year for this draft and now it's less than 48 hours away but this whole thread is consumed with this petty discourse on semantics. Start a new thread please. I believe others have intimated a similar request. Thnx.

Screw that. It's tremendous entertainment to see DanH trying to keep his near perfect reputation of winning every argument he wades into, despite this being a very different field from salary cap issues or how much Scola sucks as starting PF. Gotta admit, I'm cheering for the upset, but I love how DanH isn't going down without a fight.

Comment

Personally, I am taking sabonis over poetl. I would have leaned that way before but after the hour long workout video, I am fairly certain he has the range we are looking for and can play the 4/5.

Poeltl was also knocking down 3s in his workout. Both represent the ready-to-play spectrum of player - IQ, acumen, feel for the game, etc. One has athletic length, the other has the right projected position.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          Screw that. It's tremendous entertainment to see DanH trying to keep his near perfect reputation of winning every argument he wades into, despite this being a very different field from salary cap issues or how much Scola sucks as starting PF. Gotta admit, I'm cheering for the upset, but I love how DanH isn't going down without a fight.
          You can do that in a new thread.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Poeltl is like 2 inches taller and has a wingspan about 3.5 inches greater with a thin frame. He isnt imposing his will on NBA centers like he was NCAA centers. He is fluid, but not athletic enough to switch on screens, and he isn't strong like JV, which is a concern to me. His physical tools are fine for an NBA center, although he will need to be stronger. He is in a system that is tailored to him, of course he is going to look good against inferior college competition. He is a fine prospect, but pllllease can we stop bringing him up so often?
            I hear report after report that he IS able to switch on screens. And Sabonis might have even more trouble imposing his will, T-Rex arms and all. Seems that he didn't even let himself get measured at the combine.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Poeltl was also knocking down 3s in his workout. Both represent the ready-to-play spectrum of player - IQ, acumen, feel for the game, etc. One has athletic length, the other has the right projected position.
              Yeah, there was a bucks video of poeltl knocking down threes.

Comment

You can do that in a new thread.
                No one's starting a new thread. We apologize - twas just a bit of fun.

Comment

• Does anybody know what is Cal's explanation (back then) for not playing Skal much during the season.
                  I was reading what Cal understandingly said about Murray(he previously said he's over all top talent),then I wondered if somebody asked him about Skal ahead of draft,what he thinks of him (why didn't let him play for long stretches of season),I didn't find anything(just wanna hear Cal's version of story).
                  Anyway this is what he said about Murray(besides meditating before games):
                  "Let me say this. . .I've been wrong before in what I think. The last time I was wrong, I think it was 1978," Calipari said Tuesday. "I believe that Jamal Murray will be the leading-scoring rookie in the NBA. That's what I believe."

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                    Does anybody know what is Cal's explanation (back then) for not playing Skal much during the season.
                    I was reading what Cal understandingly said about Murray(he previously said he's over all top talent),then I wondered if somebody asked him about Skal ahead of draft,what he thinks of him (why didn't let him play for long stretches of season),I didn't find anything(just wanna hear Cal's version of story).
                    "Let me say this. . .I've been wrong before in what I think. The last time I was wrong, I think it was 1978," Calipari said Tuesday. "I believe that Jamal Murray will be the leading-scoring rookie in the NBA. That's what I believe."
                    He said he tried to make Skal play "like Shaq", and that wasn't really his game. Something along those lines. At least we know Skal isn't a centre (yet).
                    Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jun 22, 2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there was a bucks video of poeltl knocking down threes.
                      Was there another one or were you thinking of this?

Looks a LOT like Pau shooting the ball there.

Comment

Personally, I am taking sabonis over poetl. I would have leaned that way before but after the hour long workout video, I am fairly certain he has the range we are looking for and can play the 4/5.

I wish I could have seen that workout. Weird it was taken down...maybe Masai's tight ship in action?

Comment

• Deino wrote: View Post
                          Does anybody know what is Cal's explanation (back then) for not playing Skal much during the season.
                          There was an interview a few weeks ago. Cal is a salesman so it's in his interest to sell skal. He said that it was his own fault for using skal in the wrong way. He emphasized that skal never complained and has taken responsibility and never blame Cal.
                          The reality is that Cal is used to top recruits dominating as freshman and he realized he was gonna have a disappointing year and skal became the scapegoat in part bc of his submissive personality. Briscoe did not get any blame and Cal assembled a mismatch lineup to begin with.

Comment

• I kind of liked the consensus discussion, it reminded me of college where I spent too much time reading Habermas consensus theory (not that i remember much )

Comment

• Ok, I'm wrong. It's consensus to have the consensus argument but it's not unanimous bc i vote no. Satisfied?

Comment

The reality is that Cal is used to top recruits dominating as freshman and he realized he was gonna have a disappointing year and skal became the scapegoat in part bc of his submissive personality. Briscoe did not get any blame and Cal assembled a mismatch lineup to begin with.
                                i disagree with the scapegoating. playing skal would have dropped his value and by extension maybe made him stay an extra year. he sells high school prospects on a year and then first round/lottery etc.

the play was for skal to retain some mystique and keep his potential for the lottery or else he is just another long guy who doesn't bang or rebound. we had one of those before and i think got this #9 for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X