Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Who do you like Bob?
    My favorites (in late 1st and 2nd) are probably Taurean Prince, Patrick McCaw and Pascal Siakam, also I don't mind Malik Beasley. And I guess Denzel Valentine if he slips, but if he slips to 27, then his knees are probably busted..

In a way, I would prefer to see Valentine drafted at no.9, because that would mean that the Raptors doctors aren't worried about his knees at all. I love him. Reminds me of our own Jalen Rose, just a smart 2/3 who knows how to play. I think his shooting is elite.

PS: I don't really know Euroleague players available at 27.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Was there another one or were you thinking of this?

Looks a LOT like Pau shooting the ball there.
      No it was a bucks workout like the sabonis one in phx that got taken down.

Comment

• The phx video was interesting bc maker looked abysmal.

Comment

• Isn't Valentine more of a 1 than he is a 3?

Comment

The reporter asked about bringing in candidates, not about who he is drafting. I think you want luwawu and trying to take the interview out of context.
            could be. he looks like he would be a great 3 to have in the fold

Comment

No it was a bucks workout like the sabonis one in phx that got taken down.
              Shucks.

Stop slacking off you guys, where are the mirrors???

Comment

The phx video was interesting bc maker looked abysmal.
                yep. i hope we don't take maker at 27. i want zhou

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  My favorites (in late 1st and 2nd) are probably Taurean Prince, Patrick McCaw and Pascal Siakam, also I don't mind Malik Beasley. And I guess Denzel Valentine if he slips, but if he slips to 27, then his knees are probably busted..

In a way, I would prefer to see Valentine drafted at no.9, because that would mean that the Raptors doctors aren't worried about his knees at all. I love him. Reminds me of our own Jalen Rose, just a smart 2/3 who knows how to play. I think his shooting is elite.

PS: I don't really know Euroleague players available at 27.
                  Interesting Bob. Yeah Beasley is such a sleeper with his injury.

Comment

Isn't Valentine more of a 1 than he is a 3?
                    He can handle the ball for you a lot and he's a great passer, but you'll also need a guy next to him who's quick enough to defend point guards and who can penetrate defenses. So you'll probably pair him with a point guard or part time point guard, or at least someone like Avery Bradley.

I think he's more of a ball handling 2/3.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      could be. he looks like he would be a great 3 to have in the fold
                      I like him but I've been such a sucker for the athletic guys in the past. I really wanted to go to orangeville to see maker when he transfered there. At that time murray was a mid 1st rd. After Jan vasely I've started to look more at fundamentals. For athletes tho id really like to stash cordinier on mega Leks.

Comment

i disagree with the scapegoating. playing skal would have dropped his value and by extension maybe made him stay an extra year. he sells high school prospects on a year and then first round/lottery etc.

the play was for skal to retain some mystique and keep his potential for the lottery or else he is just another long guy who doesn't bang or rebound. we had one of those before and i think got this #9 for him.
                        I heard am interesting insight, from one of the guys at draftexpress, that Cal wasn't used to coaching guys like Skal who came from insane poverty and seen real trauma, and require a different type of coaching. Explains in part why Skal looked better at the end of the year, perhaps Cal adjusted to fit Skal.

Comment

i disagree with the scapegoating. playing skal would have dropped his value and by extension maybe made him stay an extra year. he sells high school prospects on a year and then first round/lottery etc.

the play was for skal to retain some mystique and keep his potential for the lottery or else he is just another long guy who doesn't bang or rebound. we had one of those before and i think got this #9 for him.
                          That's a good point. Whenever I watched skal he had great moments couple with terrible and I found it frustrating that I wanted Cal to let him play through it but he always subbed in Marcus Lee to secure the boards.

Comment

I hear report after report that he IS able to switch on screens. And Sabonis might have even more trouble imposing his will, T-Rex arms and all. Seems that he didn't even let himself get measured at the combine.
                            If you're wondering about Sabonis's arms, have you seen his parents? Mom is the blond ex-model next to Arvydas Sabonis ... (sorry I couldn't figure out to insert the image).

http://www.15min.lt/zmones/galerija/.../59020/1286067
                            Last edited by Kuh; Wed Jun 22, 2016, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              I heard am interesting insight, from one of the guys at draftexpress, that Cal wasn't used to coaching guys like Skal who came from insane poverty and seen real trauma, and require a different type of coaching. Explains in part why Skal looked better at the end of the year, perhaps Cal adjusted to fit Skal.
                              He did have better games in conference at the end but in the tournament he looked the same and Cal coached the same. I have no idea about the poverty angle. Cal did a good job with camby but UMass wasn't one and done.

Comment

I hear report after report that he IS able to switch on screens. And Sabonis might have even more trouble imposing his will, T-Rex arms and all. Seems that he didn't even let himself get measured at the combine.
                                So Sabonis has the edge in toughness while giving up length...and Poeltl has the edge in length without the toughness.

Why don't we just draft Davis and get a good mix of both eh.

Comment

Working...
                                X