Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-IJCGpu19Q

It might just be 1 minute long, but this highlight tape is showing a lot about who we got at 27...

Comment

• Saikam looks like a Biyombo lite that has a good stroke.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        Thing is, progression wise, Bebe, Bruno, Wright and Powell are years ahead of where Davis would be. The Raptors don't have space to draft a high risk high reward guy and watch him play out.
        I understand that. Ultimately, we are mostly a win-now team. But you do concede to my point that a highly touted prospect that fell but has name value probably is worth more than a very unheralded guy? And thus could nudge a team to value our package in a trade?

I don't know, man. I'm not pretending I have half as much info as guys that work in the league... But from where I stand, this doesn't look good at all.

Comment

• WhatRhymesWithCash wrote: View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-IJCGpu19Q

It might just be 1 minute long, but this highlight tape is showing a lot about who we got at 27...
          My lord he's long.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Looks like Biyombo's not coming back with Poeltl and Siakam in the fold
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post
              I understand that. Ultimately, we are mostly a win-now team. But you do concede to my point that a highly touted prospect that fell but has name value probably is worth more than a very unheralded guy? And thus could nudge a team to value our package in a trade?
              yeah, the guy that thirty teams all said "nah, not worth a first rounder" would have SO much trade value

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                I don't think he was projected to be in the lottery was he?
                He was. He actually left the green room after he fell out of the first round.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• I had no idea who Pascal was ... and the more I read about him, the more I like this pick.
                  He looks like a Biyombo who can actually shoot too, from the little I can see so far.
                  [Ninja'ed]

Comment

• Our frontcourt is going to be young if we've got a platoon of JV-2Pat-Poeltl-Siakam-Bebe
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Davis going to Memphis at 31? That's a good team for him.

Comment

• GuiJaeger wrote: View Post

I don't know, man. I'm not pretending I have half as much info as guys that work in the league... But from where I stand, this doesn't look good at all.
                        Okay, but highly touted by whom? Analysts? 20 some odd teams passed on him. I mean you can bring up the Parkers or Green, but guys are like 1 in 1000.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          David going to Memphis at 31? That's a good team for him.
                          Yeah. Gonna get a good opportunity.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                            I completely trust Masai. There has to be a reason everybody is passing on Skal and Davis. Poeltl must have shown he was BPA, and Siakam is another high energy, Team Wingspan, 22 year old who should be able to contribute now.
                            It's not about Skal and Davis.

Try to project best cases for Poeltl and Siakam. It doesn't seem impressive. Partly because both seem limited by their own natural talent levels and/or physical limitations. They look like role players at best. Not really the stuff that gets people excited about a prospect. Really too easy to be unimpressed, if not nauseously disappointed.

Comment

• Pascal reminds me of Ibaka actually, based on that short clip.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                Okay, but highly touted by whom? Analysts? 20 some odd teams passed on him. I mean you can bring up the Parkers or Green, but guys are like 1 in 1000.
                                I would rather take that 1 in 1000 flyer is what I'm trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X