Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    i kind of feel like the lakers are going to be absurdly fun to watch. if they can sign a whiteside, watch out. believe or not that team actually had some talent, Byron Scott just did everything he could to tank and kept guys that'd help off the floor.
    bring back Clarkson and Black. sign whiteside and a couple decent wings, could be onto something.

clarkson
    russell/Louuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    Ingram
    Randle/Nance
    Whiteside/Zubac

i like, even though i'm not a huge Randle fan. gonna be a rough couple years but the duo of Ingram and Russel is gonna be something.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      The fact that you still think JV is a below average defender pretty well sums up how little you understand about how freaking good he was this year for us.

For your reference, JV was 10x the defender that Biz was
      35 times at least lol

Comment

Hate how the media is saying anything about how Peoltl may replace JV

Honestly put, JV is untouchable except for a trade for

- Lebron
        - Steph
        - Durant
        - KAT
        - AD

Now, I hope Peoltl gets that good. But considering he can be played at PF anyways he doesnt need to replace JV...it just speaks to some lazy, rushed, click bait writing
        LOL you must be trolling... JV is not close to the caliber of those players listed. i love his play as much as the next fan, but there is no way you don't accept an elite player like George for JV(not that they would ever consider such a lopsided straight up trade like that)

Hopefully one day JV will be one of the NBA's elite, but that day is not today. He is still a liability on defence. If you can't see that you are letting your love of this team sway your better judgment.
        SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
          LOL you must be trolling... JV is not close to the caliber of those players listed. i love his play as much as the next fan, but there is no way you don't accept an elite player like George for JV(not that they would ever consider such a lopsided straight up trade like that)

Hopefully one day JV will be one of the NBA's elite, but that day is not today. He is still a liability on defence. If you can't see that you are letting your love of JV sway your better judgment.
          Fixed it for ya.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Hopefully one day JV will be one of the NBA's elite, but that day is not today. He is still a liability on defence. If you can't see that you are letting your love of this team sway your better judgment.
            Ok I would definitely not say he's a liability on defense. He's gotten a lot better defensively particularly in this year's system and the trend seems to be heading upwards. That being said, whoever thinks that his defense is better than biyombos needs to take a better look. And thats not even taking into consideration biyombos highlight defensive plays. Take them all away and biyombo is still a better defender.

Comment

The fact that you still think JV is a below average defender pretty well sums up how little you understand about how freaking good he was this year for us.

For your reference, JV was 10x the defender that Biz was
              This is so funny. I'm not even gonna comment lol.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• What do anyone's favourite advanced stats say about the defense of JV vs Biz?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  What do anyone's favourite advanced stats say about the defense of JV vs Biz?
                  DRPM for JV: 0.64
                  DRPM for Biz: 3.02

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/9

Comment

• I'm getting to the point of believing that defensive stats all suck, to be honest.

Anyway, i don't think valanciunas is "10x the defender bismack is". But I also don't believe that the difference between them is actually that large, if it exists at all.
                    For me, Biyombo/patterson is clearly better defensively than Valanciunas/Scola. But I don't really have enough data / remember enough for an eye test comparison on Biyombo/Patterson vs. Valanciunas/Patterson.

Most of all, I think that we've been burned too many times by the offense/defence switch that invariably ends up with Bismack on the court for several offensive posessions in the final minutes, which usually just leads to demar/lowry iso jumpshits. I know the argument is about defense but it's basketball, defence doesn't exist in a vacuum.
                    Last edited by KHD; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      I'm getting to the point of believing that defensive stats all suck, to be honest.

Anyway, i don't think valanciunas is "10x the defender bismack is". But I also don't believe that the difference between them is actually that large, if it exists at all.

For me, Biyombo/patterson is clearly better defensively than Valanciunas/Scola. But I don't really have enough data / remember enough for an eye test comparison on Biyombo/Patterson vs. Valanciunas/Patterson.
                      This part is quite true. We're getting really good at measuring the defensive impact of lineups, but bad at measuring the defensive impact of players.

JV is a better defender on big centers, Bismack is a better defender on quick centers. That's about all I think we can really say.

Bismack struggles with size, because he's a smaller center.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Biz is the better defender, no questions asked. On the other hand JV is the superior player, no questions asked.

What are people arguing about really?
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You guys have terrible reading comprehension

The only reason to trade JV is for an UPGRADE...those players I listed were upgrades over JV...ie better than JV

Thought that would be obvious but everyone missed it so I guess not

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                            DRPM for JV: 0.64
                            DRPM for Biz: 3.02

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rp...RPM/position/9
                            Also 2.3 to 0.4 in basketball-ref's DBPM.

Biz is a better defender than JV, that's actually pretty clear. Of course, I think he's not as much better than JV as the stats suggest, and I think JV has lots of room to grow there (and is growing) while Biz is essentially as good as he will be defensively.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Also 2.3 to 0.4 in basketball-ref's DBPM.

Biz is a better defender than JV, that's actually pretty clear. Of course, I think he's not as much better than JV as the stats suggest, and I think JV has lots of room to grow there (and is growing) while Biz is essentially as good as he will be defensively.
                              Assuming he is 23, I think he will get stronger and be able to improve his post defense against larger players. Toronto is the first growth situation that's had and his first significant winning competition situation. He was very raw so I think he can improve a bit on defense and possibly a lot on offense.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Assuming he is 23, I think he will get stronger and be able to improve his post defense against larger players. Toronto is the first growth situation that's had and his first significant winning competition situation. He was very raw so I think he can improve a bit on defense and possibly a lot on offense.
                                Biz stats in Charlotte were very similar to his stats this season.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X