Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    So how would you compare him to Elfrid Payton and Tyler Ennis guys?
    Elfrid is a stud. I think Wright is better than Ennis but Ennis' age gives him more value.

    Comment


    • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      A press conference for a backup point guard and a 2nd rounder who will probably end up in Australia, or on the D League team? Media availability was enough. Wright also did the press junket, radio stations, and other media.
      They should hold a parade downtown

      Comment


      • I was thinking ... might Rondo be an apt comparison for Wright? Or at least a "high water mark" for what he might be able to contribute. Especially considering where they were both drafted, and their reputations coming out of college.

        Comment


        • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Remember when people used to get upset that they were drafted by the Raps? Now they're cheering and crying. What a difference a decade makes
          Not sure all that emotion was cause it was the Raps, but more just the elation of being drafted.

          Comment


          • Joey wrote: View Post
            I was thinking ... might Rondo be an apt comparison for Wright? Or at least a "high water mark" for what he might be able to contribute. Especially considering where they were both drafted, and their reputations coming out of college.
            He's similar but it a better shooter than Rondo, Delon shot 84% from the line this past season. Rondo is an atrocious free throw shooter lol
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

            Comment


            • MACK11 wrote: View Post
              He's similar but it a better shooter than Rondo, Delon shot 84% from the line this past season. Rondo is an atrocious free throw shooter lol
              Being a better shooter than Rondo pretty much describes everybody, even non- basketball players. 30% free throw shooting is bad for middle school girls basketball

              Comment


              • I'm hearing a lot of people giving him the Alvin Williams comparison. Thoughts on that guys?

                Comment


                • David Albridge Analysis


                  Utah's Delon Wright has good size (6-foot-5) for the position and has been a strong leader for the Utes during his two seasons there, after transferring from junior college. The first-team all-Pac 12 selection led the conference in PER (29.7) and Win Shares (8.4), according to Sports Reference.com/College Basketball. Pomeroy has him fifth in his Player of the Year standings, behind Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky, Arizona's Stanley Johnson, Kentucky's Towns and Northern Iowa's Seth Tuttle.

                  And like Russell, Wright -- the younger brother of Portland Trail Blazers forward Dorell Wright -- is a Wooden Award finalist. With 7-footer Jakob Poeltl, Wright has led the Utes to the Sweet 16, where they will face Duke.

                  "He really knows how to play," a Western Conference executive said of Wright. "He really passes the ball well. His shot has gotten better from last year -- still needs a lot of work. (Wright shot 52 percent from the floor this season, but raised his three -- point percentage significantly, from 22 percent last year to 36 percent.) And defensively he might be better than all of them. Utah wasn't much before he got there. He's got some winner in him. Of all the players, he's got a brother in the league and he's been able to learn stuff from him. And he's a great kid."
                  All man. All amazing.

                  Comment


                  • JWash wrote: View Post
                    I'm hearing a lot of people giving him the Alvin Williams comparison. Thoughts on that guys?
                    Not sure if drafting Wright is better than just getting Joseph in free agency and taking Anderson or Portis. Done is done. Alvin was more bulldog better scorer

                    Comment


                    • He reminds me a lot of a less athletic shaun livingston. Tall point guard that is a stat stuffer and makes an impact defensively. I wasn't too fond of the pick originally, because I wanted RHJ or a big, but I'm warming up to him. He'll have a solid career and I don't see a way he could bust, unlike the guys I wanted( who have higher upside, but a lower floor). Anyways, the Wright ABSOLUTELY needs to get stronger and improve his jump shot. His jump shot is not broken, but you can see that he lacks confidence in his shot, that he is a very reluctant shooter, despite the numbers. Anyway, considering we already have projects in BEBE and bruno, he can come in and contribute right away defensively. Offensively is where the biggest question marks are for me with Wright.

                      Comment


                      • I was talking to some Utah Utes fans online and they posited Rondo with a shot as Wright's best case scenario, though with less creative passing.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • I'm just hoping it's not another failed julyan stone experiment

                          Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #Rapsarelegit wrote: View Post
                            He reminds me a lot of a less athletic shaun livingston. Tall point guard that is a stat stuffer and makes an impact defensively. I wasn't too fond of the pick originally, because I wanted RHJ or a big, but I'm warming up to him. He'll have a solid career and I don't see a way he could bust, unlike the guys I wanted( who have higher upside, but a lower floor). Anyways, the Wright ABSOLUTELY needs to get stronger and improve his jump shot. His jump shot is not broken, but you can see that he lacks confidence in his shot, that he is a very reluctant shooter, despite the numbers. Anyway, considering we already have projects in BEBE and bruno, he can come in and contribute right away defensively. Offensively is where the biggest question marks are for me with Wright.
                            I think he is more athletic than Shaun but he is shorter by 2 inches I think. I remember when Shaun came into the league he was 6'9 or something like that. It is a good comparison and I thought this too. I think he lacks the confidence, but you look at his shooting percentage and it is quite high. This leads me to believe that the kid will make good basketball decisions to pass and also to take it to a higher percentage area around the hoop. This is a good thing.

                            Lastyl I think he is more athletic because of Shaun Livingston's nasty injury.

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post
                              I was talking to some Utah Utes fans online and they posited Rondo with a shot as Wright's best case scenario, though with less creative passing.
                              That would be pretty great.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

                              Comment


                              • Don't get the Rondo comparison. Rondo is long with giant hands and a flashy passer. Wright is stumpy and uses his height like GV to pass over guards and see over defenses.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X