No announcement yet.

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Joseph was drafted 30th, was buried on the bench and spent a lot of time in the Dleague.

Joseph is probably a solid comparison for Wright, with Wright potentially being a better defender due to his size and potentially a better passer due to his court vision.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Honestly can't believe that I just read posts by people honestly trying to argue that a 20th overall pick who hasn't had the opportunity to play consistent NBA minutes is a "bust". Temper the expectations. God damn.

Comment

• I watched the video made of Delon's draft day. Seems like a good/cool young man. Nice enough that I smiled when I realized (watching the highlight video above) that while it's "only" the 905's, it's not college ball - so he's being paid now, to quite well, to be a pro.

Best of luck, dude.

Comment

• Delon continues to impress with his "smooth" game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX_VX2UlJ4

6'5" Skip-to-my-Lou

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Delon continues to impress with his "smooth" game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oX_VX2UlJ4

6'5" Skip-to-my-Lou
            This guy should be getting minutes in the NBA...but nahhhhh, let's run Lowry and Derozan and Carroll into the ground instead.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              This guy should be getting minutes in the NBA...but nahhhhh, let's run Lowry and Derozan and Carroll into the ground instead.
              Uhhh, our point guard rotation is healthy. And this will be Carroll's 2nd rest/injury period.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Uhhh, our point guard rotation is healthy. And this will be Carroll's 2nd rest/injury period.
                Lowry/Joseph can each play at the two...and uhhh, maybe Carroll wouldn't have needed TWO rest/injury periods 20 GAMES INTO THE SEASON if he'd been playing a little less.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The organization is finally making the commitment to develop players slowly through a proper, structured system and people are mad about that now.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The organization is finally making the commitment to develop players slowly through a proper, structured system and people are mad about that now.
                    Right?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Not what I'm mad about at all (nor am I even mad), but excellent obfuscation + toeing of the company line.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Lowry/Joseph can each play at the two...and uhhh, maybe Carroll wouldn't have needed TWO rest/injury periods 20 GAMES INTO THE SEASON if he'd been playing a little less.
                        The fact they both happened so early in the season makes me think it wasn't due to the number of minutes played, I mean overall he's only playing 3 more minutes per game than last season (although he was playing less recently as he was pretty terrible).

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          The fact they both happened so early in the season makes me think it wasn't due to the number of minutes played, I mean overall he's only playing 3 more minutes per game than last season (although he was playing less recently as he was pretty terrible).
                          Lowry, Demar and CoJo plus Ross heavy minutes versus the Lakers. Not certain but at some post all four were on the floor

Comment

• So glad that Delon got a chance to play meaningful NBA minutes last night as a PG. Its always great for development of a point guard when you have them just stand in the left corner, really lets them learn the position they are playing. Good thing it was just the left corner too because having him go to the right OR the left side would have been too much for his brain...he's just too young at this point to handle that

/pink

Fuck I hate our player development. Such shit.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              So glad that Delon got a chance to play meaningful NBA minutes last night as a PG. Its always great for development of a point guard when you have them just stand in the left corner, really lets them learn the position they are playing. Good thing it was just the left corner too because having him go to the right OR the left side would have been too much for his brain...he's just too young at this point to handle that

/pink

Fuck I hate our player development. Such shit.
                              #CaseyDevelopment

Either he doesn't play the young guys or he plays them but tells them to not get in the way of DD or Lowry.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                #CaseyDevelopment

Either he doesn't play the young guys or he plays them but tells them to not get in the way of DD or Lowry.
                                The most frustrating part is, with CoJo/Lowry/Ross lineups we saw some real potential for beautiful movement leading to easy baskets last night. But those lineups don't seem to happen enough. Delon could be a real asset to those groups.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X