• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Norm got his chances but injury completely sidelined him
    That's another factor working against Wright. He can't stay healthy for more than 15 games at a time.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Norm's contract says that Masai isn't really concerned with the idea of contract dictating minutes.

But you're right, don't think we see Wright in the starting lineup simply because his role card is "spot-minute bench guy". Often tough to shake a label.
    Norm got his chances but injury completely sidelined him

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Highly unlikely. Masai just convinced the board to write a cheque to make an 18M bet on FVV. And they passed on Wright's extension. Freddy is a clear #2 in the PG pecking order, come hell or high water.
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Yeah they arlready bet on FVV. They are going to keep giving him chance to earn that contract
    Norm's contract says that Masai isn't really concerned with the idea of contract dictating minutes.

But you're right, don't think we see Wright in the starting lineup simply because his role card is "spot-minute bench guy". Often tough to shake a label.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Highly unlikely. Masai just convinced the board to write a cheque to make an 18M bet on FVV. And they passed on Wright's extension. Freddy is a clear #2 in the PG pecking order, come hell or high water.
    Yeah they arlready bet on FVV. They are going to keep giving him chance to earn that contract

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    For the next scheduled Lowry "rest day", would really like to see Nurse go with Wright in the starting lineup (instead of Freddy). Curious to see how he fares.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    For the next scheduled Lowry "rest day", would really like to see Nurse go with Wright in the starting lineup (instead of Freddy). Curious to see how he fares.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    weeds legal now I suppose

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    MU needs to make trades to limit nurses options.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    MU needs to make trades to limit nurses options.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Could be, but there are several PGs on the market next year, and Wright is in that awkward spot where he's too old to be their PG of the future, and not established enough as a starter to be a guy you drop a lot of cash on for current levels of production.

Plus, Phoenix should definitely have offer-sheeted FVV and somehow screwed that up, so I'm not going to worry about Phoenix until I'm sure I have to.
    What sort of projected stats does Delon have? Any good? Because they may perceive him as a player who could flourish given the opportunity. Teams are always looking for those under utilized players they project could breakout.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Anyone think Pheonix, in bad need of a starting PG, makes a big offer?
    Could be, but there are several PGs on the market next year, and Wright is in that awkward spot where he's too old to be their PG of the future, and not established enough as a starter to be a guy you drop a lot of cash on for current levels of production.

Plus, Phoenix should definitely have offer-sheeted FVV and somehow screwed that up, so I'm not going to worry about Phoenix until I'm sure I have to.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Anyone think Pheonix, in bad need of a starting PG, makes a big offer?

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    Is Powell going to cost Wright?
    I don't think so. Raps will match offers when he's a RFA, but I don't think it will exorbitant for him. Probably similar Fred's deal.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Is Powell going to cost Wright?

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    it's after 6pm too.. so probably no extension
    I agree and other ones have been announced. I just figured with our fairly prolific media presence, somebody would have tweeted something. Either way, it’s news.

Edit: the front page is all over it. No source but maybe the Republic is it’s own source (keep quiet Abbas)
    Last edited by Jclaw; Mon Oct 15, 2018, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X