Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • consmap wrote: View Post
    I worry about what'll happen when teams start to really pick up on his weaknesses as the season goes on. But he's been excellent so far.
    tbh I think he will struggle more in the playoffs than regular season. He was unplayable last year when teams realized he wasn't even going to try to shoot from outside.

    Comment


    • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      tbh I think he will struggle more in the playoffs than regular season. He was unplayable last year when teams realized he wasn't even going to try to shoot from outside.
      Not sure.. Rondo plays better in the playoffs than in the regular season (arguably) and he can't shoot either. Just need guys around him that can. That's why I like having CJ on the bench.

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Both!
        Good call DanH

        Comment


        • Shooting needs to IMPROVE big time. He's been real good tho.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • Gonna be fun tracking and comparing Delon's performance this year against Fultz and Ball.

            https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players

            Comment


            • Delon is looking like a great back up to Lowry. Not sure if I see him as a great starter though. Out of the young players I'm highest on Powell and OG, because they have a certain aggression to their game that starters need imo. Delon and Jacob are missing that, but still so young with room to improve. Delon has shown some signs.

              Comment


              • consmap wrote: View Post
                I worry about what'll happen when teams start to really pick up on his weaknesses as the season goes on. But he's been excellent so far.
                Well, then he has to adjust. Every young player goes through that. Starts to play well. Teams start paying attention and adjust to stop him. Player gets stopped. And then player either adjusts or goes the way of the dodo....

                The obvious concern is the lack of a consistent jump shot but he does a lot of good things off the ball and on defense that he can keep doing even if teams pack the lane against him.

                Comment


                • c-troop wrote: View Post
                  Gonna be fun tracking and comparing Delon's performance this year against Fultz and Ball.

                  https://www.basketball-reference.com...01&idx=players
                  Except he's 6 years older with 2 more years nba experience
                  It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                  Comment


                  • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    Delon is looking like a great back up to Lowry. Not sure if I see him as a great starter though. Out of the young players I'm highest on Powell and OG, because they have a certain aggression to their game that starters need imo. Delon and Jacob are missing that, but still so young with room to improve. Delon has shown some signs.
                    In general though, VERY pleased with the progress the pups have made (Delon, Yak, OG and Norm). None of them play scared. They know they can hang with the big boys.

                    It wasn't that long ago we were employing Will Solomon, Dwight Buycks and Ben Uzoh (lol). Delon and FVV are an embarrassment of riches.

                    Comment


                    • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      In general though, VERY pleased with the progress the pups have made (Delon, Yak, OG and Norm). None of them play scared. They know they can hang with the big boys.

                      It wasn't that long ago we were employing Will Solomon, Dwight Buycks and Ben Uzoh (lol). Delon and FVV are an embarrassment of riches.
                      When you lose your backup PG, starting SF(lol), best defender, and best glue guy (4 different people in that list) all in one offseason, and you replace them all with youngsters and don't miss a beat, and still have depth AND trade chips

                      #TrustOurProcess
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        When you lose your backup PG, starting SF(lol), best defender, and best glue guy (4 different people in that list) all in one offseason, and you replace them all with youngsters and don't miss a beat, and still have depth AND trade chips

                        #TrustOurProcess
                        A lot of season left and all the other disclaimers you have to say, but it's a lot of fun to watch this play out. This is exactly what we've wanted, a Spurs-like succession plan where you're not desperate to hang onto every UFA because you have solid draft talent coming up through the pipeline constantly. It's awesome. Add that to the offensive and defensive reinventions, and I really think this season is going to be a lot more fun than the last couple.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          When you lose your backup PG, starting SF(lol), best defender, and best glue guy (4 different people in that list) all in one offseason, and you replace them all with youngsters and don't miss a beat, and still have depth AND trade chips

                          #TrustOurProcess
                          I don't think we should be jumping to the conclusions that we "haven't missed a beat" after 2 regular season games against THE worst team in the league that didn't have it's starting or back up PF and no LaVine and against another team that has been in the top 5 of every draft of the last half decade or so and didnt have their best player lol

                          While I understand the idea and concept is that we are trying to mimic the Spurs model, obviously we havent proven to be anywhere near it besides the 2+ decade run of over 50+Ws, 5 championships, multiple 60Ws seasons and well of course 3-4 HOFs and greatest PF of all time...so throwing them into the same sentence with us is completely jumping the gun on S.R part.

                          Lets see first if we even repeat as a 50+W team, its entirely possible but FAR from a given. It will be interesting to see how the ute dem lol respond to adversity throughout the course of the season.

                          Comment


                          • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            I don't think we should be jumping to the conclusions that we "haven't missed a beat" after 2 regular season games against THE worst team in the league that didn't have it's starting or back up PF and no LaVine and against another team that has been in the top 5 of every draft of the last half decade or so and didnt have their best player lol

                            While I understand the idea and concept is that we are trying to mimic the Spurs model, obviously we havent proven to be anywhere near it besides the 2+ decade run of over 50+Ws, 5 championships, multiple 60Ws seasons and well of course 3-4 HOFs and greatest PF of all time...so throwing them into the same sentence with us is completely jumping the gun on S.R part.

                            Lets see first if we even repeat as a 50+W team, its entirely possible but FAR from a given. It will be interesting to see how the ute dem lol respond to adversity throughout the course of the season.
                            The comparison to the Spurs likely represents similarities in strategy. Not necessarily the results of said strategy.

                            Comment


                            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              The comparison to the Spurs likely represents similarities in strategy. Not necessarily the results of said strategy.
                              Fair enough.

                              It does seem at this point that its the strategy we are after. We will really find out after these 3 years if we will be able to convince the old man gang to re-up on cheaper deals the way the Spurs were able to do so with Duncan, Manu etc in order to continue on that culture...I think its possible to do so because then you start selling on legacy and stability given their children etc.

                              Comment


                              • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                I don't think we should be jumping to the conclusions that we "haven't missed a beat" after 2 regular season games against THE worst team in the league that didn't have it's starting or back up PF and no LaVine and against another team that has been in the top 5 of every draft of the last half decade or so and didnt have their best player lol

                                While I understand the idea and concept is that we are trying to mimic the Spurs model, obviously we havent proven to be anywhere near it besides the 2+ decade run of over 50+Ws, 5 championships, multiple 60Ws seasons and well of course 3-4 HOFs and greatest PF of all time...so throwing them into the same sentence with us is completely jumping the gun on S.R part.

                                Lets see first if we even repeat as a 50+W team, its entirely possible but FAR from a given. It will be interesting to see how the ute dem lol respond to adversity throughout the course of the season.
                                It's just an example. Continuity through internal talent development isn't even exclusive to San Antonio, they've just been very good at it.

                                Colangelo used to overhaul half the roster every summer, he loved trades and signings and all the change essentially led nowhere. This franchise has a longer term sense of direction right now that it's never had before.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X