Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post
    5th is deceiving, though. Wright's in a group of 7 players who were all pretty close to that 20 MPG mark. And he was only 9th in total minutes played, which is more important than MPG come contract time.

    And most of Delon's minutes were at SG with FVV at PG, so if Green and Powell play up to their expected levels, then some of those SG minutes could dry up. Nice problem to have for Masai.
    Sure, but 9th in minutes is still a status that "third string PG" doesn't even remotely describe.

    I don't think Green will play that much at SG except with the starters - it'll be a battle between him and CJ for bench SF minutes. Bench needs the ball handling too much to play Miles and Green beside each other much. And if I'm Delon, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots worrying about Norm taking my minutes.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      Sure, but 9th in minutes is still a status that "third string PG" doesn't even remotely describe.

      I don't think Green will play that much at SG except with the starters - it'll be a battle between him and CJ for bench SF minutes. Bench needs the ball handling too much to play Miles and Green beside each other much. And if I'm Delon, I'm not exactly shaking in my boots worrying about Norm taking my minutes.
      For sure. Wright is, at worse, a top-notch backup PG, if not a borderline starter in this league.

      Comment


      • golden wrote: View Post
        For sure. Wright is, at worse, a top-notch backup PG, if not a borderline starter in this league.
        This is what I mean. The whole bench mob got somewhere around 17-20 mpg sure, but that means Delon was used as much as anybody coming off the bench, which still means we can drop using "3rd string point guard" as a descriptor implying he'll earn something typical for a 3rd stringer. Typical 3rd stringers at any position don't play 20 mpg, they play far less.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • Antoine brown is our 3rd string PG. Delon Wright is backup backcourt. This isnt 1999 we need to start getting rid of these rigid positional spots we label players with
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • Anyone know when the deadline is for an extension? Is it 11:59pm?

            Comment


            • planetmars wrote: View Post
              anyone know when the deadline is for an extension? Is it 11:59pm?
              6 pm et.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • S.R. wrote: View Post
                This is what I mean. The whole bench mob got somewhere around 17-20 mpg sure, but that means Delon was used as much as anybody coming off the bench, which still means we can drop using "3rd string point guard" as a descriptor implying he'll earn something typical for a 3rd stringer. Typical 3rd stringers at any position don't play 20 mpg, they play far less.
                Off topic but can we afford to give the entire bench mob FVV or Norm money? Cause that is where the bar is set at this point.

                Comment


                • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Off topic but can we afford to give the entire bench mob FVV or Norm money? Cause that is where the bar is set at this point.
                  Yeah that will be the problem at some point, already is a bit right now with Delon. A lot of dominoes will inform those decisions. If Kawhi re-signs and Masai keeps building with this group, ideally you start phasing in guys like FVV, Delon, and Siakam as guys like Lowry and Ibaka age and phase out. So if you can line some of that up you increase the salaries of young guys as the aging vets start taking smaller deals or just walk off into the sunset (Ibaka & his grandkids).

                  But at some point here at least a couple guys here will get squeezed out. 10 guys ahead of Norm in the rotation last year, they can't all get paid like he did. Hopefully the guys you can't keep can be used in trades that keep building the roster.
                  Last edited by S.R.; Mon Oct 15th, 2018, 11:51 AM.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Antoine brown is our 3rd string PG. Delon Wright is backup backcourt. This isnt 1999 we need to start getting rid of these rigid positional spots we label players with
                    Don't you mean Lorenzo Williams? Fans really should know this guy's name, management loves him for some reason.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                    Comment


                    • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Off topic but can we afford to give the entire bench mob FVV or Norm money? Cause that is where the bar is set at this point.
                      Norms days are numbered I think once more extensions are needed. One bright spot is not having to extend Poeltl who will probably become a 10 or 12 million dollar player in San Antone
                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Norms days are numbered I think once more extensions are needed. One bright spot is not having to extend Poeltl who will probably become a 10 or 12 million dollar player in San Antone
                        Yeah, even if Norm turns things around this season there are already good/better options on the roster to take up his minutes. The only hope I have for Norm is if he can create shots for himself then he could be valuable in taking pressure off Lowry and Leonard in the playoffs. They are really pushing Pascal as that guy though and you gotta think they want OG to take that next step as well.

                        I dunno...would you rather have the option of extending Poeltl or being stuck with Serge? Poeltl would have made Serge that much more expendable, but right now there are no options behind Serge and JV. Preseason Moose has looked pretty washed up.

                        Comment


                        • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, even if Norm turns things around this season there are already good/better options on the roster to take up his minutes. The only hope I have for Norm is if he can create shots for himself then he could be valuable in taking pressure off Lowry and Leonard in the playoffs. They are really pushing Pascal as that guy though and you gotta think they want OG to take that next step as well.

                          I dunno...would you rather have the option of extending Poeltl or being stuck with Serge? Poeltl would have made Serge that much more expendable, but right now there are no options behind Serge and JV. Preseason Moose has looked pretty washed up.
                          Wish we didn't go after Monroe.. doesn't really fit our team. He's an elite rebounder (which is nice) and a good passer, but he's going to gift so many points to the opposing team when he's on the court.

                          Would have rather taken Christian Wood. He's looking great in preseason.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Wish we didn't go after Monroe.. doesn't really fit our team. He's an elite rebounder (which is nice) and a good passer, but he's going to gift so many points to the opposing team when he's on the court.

                            Would have rather taken Christian Wood. He's looking great in preseason.
                            Not saying Monroe's the right guy, but you are going to need another big body to bang with Embiid. Otherwise JV's going to foul out in the first quarter with Embiid punking everybody else for the rest of the game and letting you know about it.

                            Comment


                            • LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Off topic but can we afford to give the entire bench mob FVV or Norm money? Cause that is where the bar is set at this point.
                              The upside here is the only guy who needs a raise before most of our money comes off the books is Delon. Pascal is locked in until summer 2020 when he hits RFA, and OG is locked in until he hits RFA in summer 2021. Meanwhile, in summer 2020, contracts for Lowry, JV, Miles and Ibaka come off the books, for a grand total of $83M in cap savings. Presumably you let Miles and Ibaka walk. In the case where Leonard re-signs next summer, you try to bring back Lowry and JV, say for 30-40M combined (maybe less, especially if Lowry is slowing down), that still leaves a lot of room to give Leonard his extra 10-15M and re-sign the other guys (especially as the cap rises).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                The upside here is the only guy who needs a raise before most of our money comes off the books is Delon. Pascal is locked in until summer 2020 when he hits RFA, and OG is locked in until he hits RFA in summer 2021. Meanwhile, in summer 2020, contracts for Lowry, JV, Miles and Ibaka come off the books, for a grand total of $83M in cap savings. Presumably you let Miles and Ibaka walk. In the case where Leonard re-signs next summer, you try to bring back Lowry and JV, say for 30-40M combined (maybe less, especially if Lowry is slowing down), that still leaves a lot of room to give Leonard his extra 10-15M and re-sign the other guys (especially as the cap rises).
                                The team should really give as much minutes as possible this year to FVV to gauge whether he can partially (or fully) replace Lowry's production as a starter. That could open up a few options if we can unload Lowry as an all-star expiring next off-season and potentially package him for a disgruntled star, should that opportunity arise.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X