Everything Delon Wright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    I really like Wright. The flashes he shows in certain plays he makes scoring or just driving are amazing, way above 3rd stringer level. The weird thing is how irregular those flashes are, like if he can pull that out of his pocket whenever he wants, why doesn't he do it more often? Hopefully he gets some regular + increased playing time and can turn his potential into some consistent production. Definitely rooting for him.
    Wright's got Stackhouse in his corner at Memphis, who helped develop him in the 905, so that's gonna help him alot. It feels a bit like Nurse had him pegged as soft, which is an automatic doghouse in Nurse's books.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Wright's got Stackhouse in his corner at Memphis, who helped develop him in the 905, so that's gonna help him alot. It feels a bit like Nurse had him pegged as soft, which is an automatic doghouse in Nurse's books.
      Just realized JV (big), Bruno (wing), and Wright (guard) are all in Memphis now...

Stack has a secret plan to slowly turn into the 2017 Raptors?
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• No better recipe than a couple of good players who were under utilized where they came from. Wright and JV will flourish in Memphis. Hopefully this is a win win because I have no doubt Wright and JV will do great things in Memphis. Wright was my favourite Raptor. Played raptor d and had some clutch shooting and steals. He used the trick of getting players to watch his body instead of the ball as good as anyone - entertaining to watch. Should have got the burn FVV got. I have a new 2nd favourite team and Im marking Memphis .400 win pct to watch it climb. All the best in Memphis Delon thanks for all the effort

Comment

• I always really liked Delon from the moment we drafted him. I remember he finally got his first chance against the bulls with Yak when we were wearing those awesome huskies jerseys and the all star break was looming and we came back. He is a fantastic defender who can relieve primary ball handlers (I believe he can be a primary ball handler but he never really got the chance) and he’s got veteran savvy to his game that most people didn’t expect. He’s absolutely a backup point guard on a championship winning team IMO.

Comment

• Delon had some silky euro steps and passes. I just wish he would have shown more.

He should like this trade as he'll get a lot more playing to show what he can do, and hopefully get more term and money then he would have sitting as 3rd fiddle in Toronto.

Comment

• I hope he does well in MEM. Another good guy that Toronto seems to attract but didn't show enough here to be kept at all costs over FVV

Comment

• My hope is they make a good trade for Conley in the offseason. JV can start alongside Jaren Jackson hopefully. Jackson has some range and can play PF and is promising. They will add another top 6ish pick this year.

I'm rooting for Memphis to be young and scrappy at each position and bounce back nice next year, maybe they can pull a Sacramento and show a core worth growing with
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Like his game, hope he gets the opportunity to show it. Hope he can drive a market for himself in the off season. Hope he comes back as a locked in rotation piece and hits us with the whole bag of tricks.

Comment

• Sad to see him go but he should get a good opportunity at a sizable second contract in Memphis.

Comment

• Delon was frustratingly inconsistent at time. He lacked confidence in his shot (or Nurse had given him clear instructions to only take certain shots). I am hoping his confidence and consistency goes up with playing time. Always seemed like a good guy. He should grow into a good starter and have a successful career.

Comment

Working...
                      X